Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 12:11:56 PM EDT
Just a word of caution to anyone who is considering dealing with this company based in Plano, TX...one word of advice...DON"T DO IT!!
I made the mistake of ordering several gas masks from this company. Due to the worldwide shortage of the style of mask I ordered, AFMO elected to substitute with a cheaper, obsolete model of mask with 23 year old filters! To their credit, they asked if substitution was o.k. before filling the order. I responded "No" and canceled the order receiving confirmation from AFMO that my order was canceled. The problem is they went ahead and filled the order anyway and charged my credit card approx. $80 even though I had CANCELED this order. Thinking this a simple mistake I attempted contact with AFMO to straighten this out. Many, many emails later I have yet to get a response of any kind and the "customer service" number they provide just rings and rings....no one answers! I am now of the opinion that this is a "rip-off" operation and anyone who is interested in dealing with an ethical company who treats the customer right would do well to stear clear of this company! It is now my mission to alert others of the kind of company AFMO is and help others avoid getting ripped off! My credit card company has now been advised of this disputed charge and they will request refund from AFMO so ultimately I will not lose my money. So the lesson for AFMO is they not only end up refunding the money anyway but they also have a really pissed off customer who is "spreading the word"..... [sniper]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Complain to your credit card and demand them to charge it back.

Tell them that they put an unauthorized charge on your card for merchandise you did not order. Also tell them that you have tried to work with them to no avail. They should be able to help you out since that is a big reason people use credit cards for purchases.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ponyboy...that is exactly what I am in process of doing. I am really curious to hear if anybody else has had a similar experience with this company. I know that I appreciate hearing about bad-actors before I have an unfortunate experience. I have benefitted from alerts posted by other AR-15.com members regarding similar rip-off companies.
Anyway, if anyone has dealt with [b]AFMO-Armed Forces Merchandise Outlet[/b] which has a web address of [b]www.afmo.com[/b] and is based in Plano, TX I sure would like to hear about it. I am one angry hombre over this....I don't appreciate being ignored! They are just hoping I'll go away....but I won't....[soapbox]
BUAHAHAHAHA [}:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top