Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 8:22:23 AM EDT
Okay!! I posted some pics a while back of me taking my 6 y.o. nephew Jeremey and his daddy to the range to shoot Uncle Mike's (BenDover) guns. He and his daddy loved it so much that I knew I had to get them started together. My sister is a HUGE anti so this had to be planned in advance and handled with care.

Here is a pic of he and his daddy opening his Christmas present from Uncle Mike & Aunt M.J.. He got a awesome NIB Ruger 10/22 of his very own, hearing protection, eye protection, and ammo.

Thanks to AR15.com member ponyboy, he will be getting a 30 round hi-cap mag for it as soon as it arrives in the mail. I am still looking for a folder or sniper style Choate for it (hint hint... dig down in those closets for me... it's for the children).

He loves it over the Advance GameBoy with Dave Mirra BMX we got him. God I spoil that boy don't I?!?!?

[img]http://www.ar15.com/members/albums/BenDover%2Fjeremey%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice to see that Dad has his hand over the trigger guard to keep temptation at bay!!  
Its never too early to instill trigger discipline.

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
BenDover, Are you looking for a folder for the 1022? i have a extra butler creek folding stock i bought some time ago that i was going to use on my second 1022 but i decided to customize the crap out of it instead and right now it's just collecting dust. if that's what you want for your nephew's 1022 it's yours. i always love to see things go to good use and a good cause.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
BenDover, Are you looking for a folder for the 1022? i have a extra butler creek folding stock i bought some time ago that i was going to use on my second 1022 but i decided to customize the crap out of it instead and right now it's just collecting dust. if that's what you want for your nephew's 1022 it's yours. i always love to see things go to good use and a good cause.
View Quote

Hey brother I would really appreciate that!! I saw you are in Ohio. I am in Cincinnati. How much you want for it? Email me @ [email protected] I would seriously appreciate it!

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#5]
You may want to stock him with a little extra ammo. It sure is easy to burn that stuff 30rds at a time.

Let me know when the mag shows up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You may want to stock him with a little extra ammo. It sure is easy to burn that stuff 30rds at a time.

Let me know when the mag shows up.
View Quote

I got them a 500 pack of Aguila cheapos to start off. You are right about them burning through lots of rounds though. I will definately let you know when the mag gets in. Thanks a bunch!! He will really love it (and his daddy too).
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, my email is down right now damn roadrunner.  anyway i live in mason and it would be my pleasure to contribute my stock at no charge considering the fact that you and his daddy are bringing him into the world of safe responisble shooters. plus he's a year younger than my son and i know how much easier it is for my son with the folding stock on his 1022. i will email you tonight when mine works again. i am one of the owners at QCR in sharonville so i am real flexible about meeting
[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I've currently got three 10/22's that I shoot, plus 3 more NIB that are for the kids, but they are too young for them yet and I shoot the cheapo Federal bulk 550 packs from WalMart almost exclusively.

I use the Remington 36gr subsonic to use with a suppressor and Eley match when I want better groups, but the rest of the time it's Federal. That's why we buy them, because they are cheap, right?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#9]
BenDover,
as an old Navy guy I just want to say "Well Done."
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Brouhaha: it is verified preban [:)]

5subslr5: Thanks for the kudos.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#12]
brouhaha, your right about that, but mine are preban and a friend of mine had his pinned open for his son to make it legal because it shortens the stock some and gives the kids a nice pistol grip to hold onto.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]
We have to pin it anyway regardless for length minimums don't we?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
No, the minimum length is measured with the folding/collapsable stocks extended, to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Min. length is measured with stock folded...

Geez, all MY uncle ever gave me was a hard time! [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top