Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2001 2:25:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I want to see this movie right now, but alas, I am in the hinterlands and Hollywood has deemed we are not important. I think the studio is making a big mistake making us wait so long. During Christmas break, I would have the time to see it again and again.

Too funny about your wife, I have read the book, but I will be taking newbies to see it with me. The book was too gut wrenching for me at times, I imagine seeing the movie without knowing the real life outcome would be nerve racking.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Remember to tell your guests that this story is 100% true. These men really died this way.

When I tell some of my friends about it, they almost always respond, "The battle of Moga-what???"
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Shit if you say that; I am going to walk out of there crying my eyes out...

I can sit there and watch chick flicks and say WTF was that? But give me a good military flick and a solider dies, break out the tissues... I have only been in the Service three years so I don't draw a lot of my experiences from Combat or anything but I hear the stories and know the drills.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
You want sad? go to the Nightstalkers web site and read some of the Guestbook comments. Here is one from the son of SSGT Bill Cleveland:

Well its been 8 years now that the man I call my dad has been gone. Well I know that he is here with all the ones he loved or helped out while he was on this earth doing his chores that the good Lord gave him to do. Well this is for the memory of my dad SSG. WILLIAM D. CLEVELAND JR. I know that he like doing what he did but it was because no one else could not take the foot steps over for my dad. I'm trying to get in to the army now so I can take up where he has left off this may sound bad to those who don't know me but when I do as told by my commanding officer this will make me ever so happy that I know I'm to be there. Well love you SSG. WILLIAM D CLEVELAND JR.

You're son EDWARD R. CLEVELAND .  

[url]http://www.nightstalkers.com/tfranger/commo/commo1.html[/url]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
A fistful of dollars and a couple of hours?

Count me in. Without even seeing it yet, I can bet it'll be in my DVD collection the day it hits the stores.

God Bless the souls who fought and died there.

You are America's heroes, America's best. I salute you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thursday,  Dec. 27, 2001  12:16 p.m. EST

Columbia Pictures' "Black Hawk Down," the action movie about the 1993 Somalia
debacle that cost 18 U.S. soldiers their lives, was set to explicity blame
ex-President Clinton for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks before the film's
director and producers decided to soft-pedal the connection.
In mid-November, before the decision to tone down the Clinton angle, the film
was previewed for a handful journalists.
Before its final edit "Black Hawk's" closing crawl highlighted a series of
events after the Somalia mission, including Clinton's humiliating troop
withdrawal from the country, the humanitarian disasters in Rwanda, Bosnia and
Kosovo and, finally, the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11.
"With what happened in Mogadishu, ...

To read the rest of this article, go to
[url]http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidec.shtml?a=2001/12/27/111636[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top