Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 6:20:13 PM EDT
Well, it has been a month since I have left my wife........I have been living on a 400 acre farm in the boonies with out tv or phone.  I am now back in Blacksburg living with a friend who I work with........could anyone bring me up to speed on what I have missed since Dec. 1?
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who are you? [;D]
View Quote

I'll second that sailor.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who are you? [;D]
View Quote

I'll second that sailor.
View Quote

Do these threads ring a bell?
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=54738[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=67359[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Steyr-Aug got banned, BOTD is no more...
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Steyr-Aug got banned, BOTD is no more...
View Quote

No crap?
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Steyr isn't banned. He is just choosing to not post as much anymore.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Oneshot was busted by the po-po for doing something legal, but was able to win his freedom and his rifle back.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I would have stayed on the 400 acre farm.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oneshot was busted by the po-po for doing something legal, but was able to win his freedom and his rifle back.
View Quote

Glad he got his AR back before the pd could have full possesion of it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who are you? [;D]
View Quote

OKAY I HAVE TO VENT NOW! This one is for

[rant mode]

Brouhaha, LotBoy: That was the most asinine thing I have ever seen in this board. Those are the kind of comments I would expect from someone much younger and more immature - the type that hang out on some of the "angst filled youth, college kid smartass" message boards who rate themselves by post count because they have no FREAKING LIFE.

I mean, a quick glance at his registration date and post count would tell you he has been a regular memeber of this board for some time now. Maybe not all of us can rack up nearly 2,000 posts in less than half a year - does that mean we should be treated in a lesser manner?

I mean, this guy initiated what turned into a 5 page thread about the bitch he was married to. Instead of doing a few searches and learning about what the deal was, you seem to have gone, "well, I don't seem him posting 30+ times a day, who is this guy to me?"

Think about it. I mean, so much for AR-15.com being a "family".

I'd hate to think what comment you would have if I left for a while. Honestly - I don't post much and it is likely nobody would notice - but if I were to come back with an "I'm back" thread I would expect more from the members of this board.

[/rant mode]

edited to add: It seems both of you, based on your registration dates, weren't even on the "old" board. (it obviouisly took me a lot longer to find this new board than others [;)]You guys are relative newcomers to most of us - so where do you get your snide attitude?

Adam
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who are you? [;D]
View Quote

[rant mode]

Brouhaha, LotBoy: That was the most asinine thing I have ever seen in this board. Those are the kind of comments I would expect from someone much younger and more immature - the type that hang out on some of the "angst filled youth, college kid smartass" message boards who rate themselves by post count because they have no FREAKING LIFE.

I mean, a quick glance at his registration date and post count would tell you he has been a regular memeber of this board for some time now. Maybe not all of us can rack up nearly 2,000 posts in less than half a year - does that mean we should be treated in a lesser manner?

I mean, this guy initiated what turned into a 5 page thread about the bitch he was married to. Instead of doing a few searches and learning about what the deal was, you seem to have gone, "well, I don't seem him posting 30+ times a day, who is this guy to me?"

I'd hate to think what comment you would have if I left for a while. Honestly - I don't post much and it is likely nobody would notice - but if I were to come back with an "I'm back" thread I would expect more from the members of this board.

[/rant mode]

edited to add: It seems both of you, based on your registration dates, weren't even on the "old" board. (it obviouisly took me a lot longer to find this new board than others [;)]You guys are relative newcomers to most of us - so where do you get your snide attitude?

Adam
View Quote

And I thought I was kind of slow sometimes...
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who are you? [;D]
View Quote

[rant mode]

[/rant mode]

Adam
View Quote

You see that little yellow smiley at the end of the sentence.  That is the smart ass smiley.  So, LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS.[;D]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
On a sad note, we had a member commit suicide.
View Quote

so I have read.....this time of year brings out the worst and best out of people....I pray that he and his family have peace
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't let it get you down Ponyboy.  We still think you're slow.[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#20]
You've missed all kinds of good rants about cops and Muslims and Israelis and governments and gun laws and how our best allies are the British and how our non-allies are the Saudis and how the Israelis aren't our allies either (again) and Christmas wishes and Christmas presents and the Christmas gift exchange and "The Jander Files."  Lots of good stuff read by me and others using time that could otherwise be spent with friends and family, exercising, or doing work.

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't let it get you down Ponyboy.  We still think you're slow.[}:D]
View Quote

Thanks, that means a lot comming from someone named Aggie [;D]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You see that little yellow smiley at the end of the sentence.  That is the smart ass smiley.  So, LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS.[;D]
View Quote

Thanks - yeah I saw the smiley - I still think it was obnoxious. The second that followed only clinched it for me. I've also read enough posts from thiose guys to know it was not what I would expect from them - it just touched a nerve.

I guess I've just hung out at too many boards that have been taken over by 18 year old smartasses who judge the value of other humanity based on their SAT scores and post counts and am overly sensitive to that happening here (not the IQ part [;)], just the post count part).

The reason I like coming here is that for most of us this board is a diversion / pleasant distraction from our life - it is not the whole of our life. I have not seen my guns now for 19 months, but I use this board to fill that void.

Now if I could ever figure out how to get the board's spell check feature to work for me, maybe I wouldn't see so many typos in my posts.

Adam
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks - yeah I saw the smiley - I still think it was obnoxious. The second that followed only clinched it for me. I've also read enough posts from thiose guys to know it was not what I would expect from them - it just touched a nerve.

I guess I've just hung out at too many boards that have been taken over by 18 year old smartasses who judge the value of other humanity based on their SAT scores and post counts and am overly sensitive to that happening here (not the IQ part [;)], just the post count part).

The reason I like coming here is that for most of us this board is a diversion / pleasant distraction from our life - it is not the whole of our life. I have not seen my guns now for 19 months, but I use this board to fill that void.

Now if I could ever figure out how to get the board's spell check feature to work for me, maybe I wouldn't see so many typos in my posts.

Adam
View Quote

I must say I was sort of miffed by the comments also...oh well.......thanks for the support
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OK, so I'm 18 now.  That's news to me.  Have you been having a bad day?  Wanna talk about it?  Need some tweezers to remove that tack from your ass?

Jeez...the comment was a joke about how vthokieshooter had been gone so long.  I think you need to take a break from the board, and go have a smoke, or some fresh air or something.
View Quote

I wouldn't get all worked up about it. It seems like a lot of people have been losing their sense of humor lately. I was goofing off and ended up getting called a trolling, uneducated, liberal democrat or some other BS like that by some guy that has to be at least 75.

I guess the holidays just sucks all of the personality out of a lot of people for a little while.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, it has been a month since I have left my wife........I have been living on a 400 acre farm in the boonies with out tv or phone.  I am now back in Blacksburg living with a friend who I work with........could anyone bring me up to speed on what I have missed since Dec. 1?
View Quote

I'm on break down in Carrboro/Chapel Hill (North Carolina), but am coming back up to Blacksburg to shoot tomarrow. Sometime later on, email me or something and we can go to the Jefferson range.

I hope things are going well for you now!

Robby
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

OK, so I'm 18 now.  That's news to me.  Have you been having a bad day?  Wanna talk about it?  Need some tweezers to remove that tack from your ass?

View Quote

Actually, my day HAS sucked so far - which is why I jumped on the computer - I appreciate your concern. [:)]
If you read my post, I said it sounded akin to remarks from someone much younger and more mature than I KNOW YOU TO BE! I was simply expressing concern that this board isn't heading in the direction of places like the Urban Legends Message Board *shudder*

Jeez...the comment was a joke about how vthokieshooter had been gone so long.  I think you need to take a break from the board, and go have a smoke, or some fresh air or something.
View Quote

I think what happend is I made the mistake of going to the Straight Dope message Boards and Urban Legends Message boards first - I read one too many whiny, I am smarter than everybody, I hate everything that has anything to do with traditional values, George W. Bush is the worst president, etc., etc. posts.

Then I came across this one.

I interpreted it as implying he doesn't post enough to have been missed - Maybe I overreacted? [:I]

Adam
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, my day HAS sucked so far - which is why I jumped on the computer - I appreciate your concern. [:)]
If you read my post, I said it sounded akin to remarks from someone much younger and more mature than I KNOW YOU TO BE! I was simply expressing concern that this board isn't heading in the direction of places like the Urban Legends Message Board *shudder*

View Quote

I think what happend is I made the mistake of going to the Straight Dope message Boards and Urban Legends Message boards first - I read one too many whiny, I am smarter than everybody, I hate everything that has anything to do with traditional values, George W. Bush is the worst president, etc., etc. posts.

Then I came across this one.

I interpreted it as implying he doesn't post enough to have been missed - Maybe I overreacted? [:I]

Adam
View Quote

Hey there. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I thought the same thing when I saw the remark before I realized the nature of it. I guess I'm too used to dealing with those "holier than thou" types also. They piss the hell out of me. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe that's my problem.....I don't take anybody seriously [}:D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm on break down in Carrboro/Chapel Hill (North Carolina), but am coming back up to Blacksburg to shoot tomarrow. Sometime later on, email me or something and we can go to the Jefferson range.

I hope things are going well for you now!

Robby
View Quote

That would be great, but I am going to have to pass.....I am having financial trouble right now and can't afford ammo....I had to give up my preban HBAR to cover expenses now I am left with only bolt guns and a ruger p94, oh well at least I am living nag free.
I am also going to spend the day putting together a ghillie suit, I got the makings for it for xmas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Welcome back VTHOKIESHOOTER

I hope your situation continues to improve.
Sorry you had to give up your AR.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top