Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2009 11:36:39 AM EDT
Here's what the Brady Bunch is going for.....and this time, they have nobody providing meaningful opposition.  If you think the NRA is going to do it, forget it.  Bob Barr (a NRA Board Member) just endorsed Eric Holder for Attorney General.  The NRA itself said Holder is not aggressive enough in the enforcement of existing laws.

here comes the shit train!!

WE ARE SCREWED
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Here's what the Brady Bunch is going for.....and this time, they have nobody providing meaningful opposition.  If you think the NRA is going to do it, forget it.  Bob Barr (a NRA Board Member) just endorsed Eric Holder for Attorney General.  The NRA itself said Holder is not aggressive enough in the enforcement of existing laws.

WE ARE SCREWED

I'm having a hard time understanding this statement, what with my BS meter screaming in my ear.

Do you happen to have an official source for this, you know, one that is not connected somehow with the GOA?
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
How much money did the Brady Bunch give Obama?  Just because they typed up a fancy document doesn't mean it'll get read.  

Obama is going to need every vote he can get in Congress.  This is just the kind of thing that could cost him quite a few friends.  He didn't get elected because he was stupid and couldn't count.

Brady Bunch?  Thanks but no thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WE ARE SCREWED

I'm having a hard time understanding this statement, what with my BS meter screaming in my ear.

Do you happen to have an official source for this, you know, one that is not connected somehow with the GOA?

Uhhh.. Duhh..

The PDF is from the Brady Campaign Website..

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/politics/obama-transition-memo.pdf
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Obama is going to need every vote he can get in Congress.

Why? It's not like he's dealing with a razor-thin majority or enything.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#6]
"Congress should enact strong legislation that closes the loopholes in the previous assault weapons statute"

And this means?

They also define assault weapons as semi-automatic.SHTF folks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
FUCK BRADY THE USELESS FUCKTARD
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I may be wrong, but Obama is going to want to hang onto the White House no matter what.  Firearm ownership has been a big deal this election cycle, and no doubt the surge in EBR sales has not gone unnoticed by "O".  He has the vote of the Brady Bunch and HCI no matter what, the same way "W" had hard-line right wingers when it came re-election time.  2nd Amendment means something to the swing voters, and swift anti-2nd measures could cost him an election when 2012 comes along.  He will probably tip-toe through the first term, hoping to mess with guns in the lame-duck term.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Wrong!common sense gun laws mean no AR's,no mags above 5 shot,ammo tracing and taxing.You will see.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Everytime I see one of these threads here about the Bradys and Obammy, I send Sarah another carton of smokes.  It does more good than ranting and raving about something that doesn't make any sense.

You think she would like Winston in the box, or Camel filters this time?
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I love this line..

"GIVE ATF STRONGER AND MORE FLEXIBLE AUTHORITY TO ENFORCE THE
LAW AGAINST CORRUPT DEALERS"

Cause the ATF does not have enought flexable authority..
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wrong!common sense gun laws mean no AR's,no mags above 5 shot,ammo tracing and taxing.You will see.

THIS, But I will stand here w/my tin foil hat untill the masses say "ok maybe we were wrong?"
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can download the document, save it, and pass it along to whomever you believe would benefit from knowing what they're going after....

Total civilian disarmament.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Going to be an interesting 4 years.

Someone needs to tell the idiots that they already do NICS checks at gun shows.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes and all of those people who have been swarming the shelves to buy so many black rifles (more than EVER before in the history of the US) will just sit quiet and let the Dems pass something?

I believe a new AWB is a good possibility, but I don't think that its Obama's top priority.  Yeah yeah the Brady bunch can toot their horn all they want to, but BHO is having to do all he can right now to go towards the middle and win over the respect of the right and the Republicans.

Passing a new AWB so soon would be a STUPID political move by BHO and he knows it. Hunting rifles and shotguns aren't the ones flying off of the shelves, ARs and AKs are.

If he does really want to pass an AWB I think he'll wait to push the issue until he's proven himself with other issues.

I don't think that he wants to Piss off a large majority of Americans just for the hell of it.  He might be an asshole, but I don't think he's stupid.

Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Obama has already let them know he can't make them any promises.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a3YMkstD3JzA

All that hope and change is something that you say to get elected.

He isn't even in Office yet, and he is letting them know.  "Well see, we have a differance of what constitutes reality and what is fantasy..."

"All that stuff that I said before...that is fantasy."
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes and all of those people who have been swarming the shelves to buy so many black rifles (more than EVER before in the history of the US) will just sit quiet and let the Dems pass something?

I believe a new AWB is a good possibility, but I don't think that its Obama's top priority.  Yeah yeah the Brady bunch can toot their horn all they want to, but BHO is having to do all he can right now to go towards the middle and win over the respect of the right and the Republicans.

Passing a new AWB so soon would be a STUPID political move by BHO and he knows it. Hunting rifles and shotguns aren't the ones flying off of the shelves, ARs and AKs are.

If he does really want to pass an AWB I think he'll wait to push the issue until he's proven himself with other issues.

I don't think that he wants to Piss off a large majority of Americans just for the hell of it.  He might be an asshole, but I don't think he's stupid.

It wont be him;he will just sign it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#17]
To be honest I dont think the Obamas are interested in ANYTHING but the Obamas. He said whatever he had too to get the presidency and he's already waffling on all those promises. He is in this for himself and I dont think he will accomplish anything.

Oh yeah, Fuck the Bradys!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#19]

THATS OK, THIS NEEDS LOTS-O-EXPOSURE.

Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

1. The people who bought these guns because they were afraid that Obama and the Dems would pass a ban have their shit now. What incentive is there for people to fight a ban if they already have what they want?

2. The people running the show are elitests. How many pro-gun letters do you think that Pelosi, Schummer, Reid, Biden and the like are going to care about?

3. Obama doesn't have to make it a priority. All he has to do is wait for it to come to his desk. It's not like there will be a shortage of legislators in Congress who want to see more gun control. It's not like Obama is going to have to go to Congress and expend huge amounts of political capital and effort to get gun control laws through the Congress.

4. Obama doesn't need the respect of the right or of Republicans. He's being nice right now because Bush is still the President. Look at what he's doing with his administration though. They are ALL far left moonbats. Feinstein herself said that Obama is making his picks based on political control and not on experience. Eric Holder is the ONLY major appointee that Obama has picked that has experience in the field that he was selected for. Hillary is no foreign relations expert or diplomat. Penetta knows nothing about intelligence. Napolitano knows nothing about homeland security. But they are all rabidly anti-gun. Rahm Emanuele, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, Leon Penetta, Janet Napolitano all hold the Second Amendment in contempt.

5. Most Americans don't care about guns. Most Americans are worried about losing their jobs, losing their homes and not having any health insurance. Do you think that people who are afraid of an economic depression are really going to give two shits about guns if they see the government setting up safety nets for them if they lose their jobs? Come back to reality. They won't.

This is a perfect storm for gun control. The White House, Senate and House of Representatives are all in control of the Democrats. They can do anything that they want and the Republicans are going to have no recourse. The ONLY way that the Republican party will be able to stop ANY anti-gun legislation if for ALL 40 of the Republicans in the US Senate to agree to filibuster the bill. 1 Republican defector on any issue will allow for a vote in the US Senate. The Republicans in the US House cannot even debate bills or offer amendments to bills. They have been completely shut out of the process. Do you think that the Democrats are fighting so hard to get Franken into office (thus further reducing the chances of a Republican filibuster) and re-writing the House Rules because they plan on playing nice and moving towards the middle? They are going to ramrod their agenda down our throats and guess what...that agenda WILL include gun control.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Going to be an interesting 4 years.

Someone needs to tell the idiots that they already do NICS checks at gun shows.

It's not about gunshows,it's about private sales.

Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Everytime I see one of these threads here about the Bradys and Obammy, I send Sarah another carton of smokes.  It does more good than ranting and raving about something that doesn't make any sense.

You think she would like Winston in the box, or Camel filters this time?

sweet god, don't send her filtered.  That's just gonna slow things down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top