Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2001 8:26:14 AM EDT
I think the events on Flight 63 highlight the need for Federal Registration of all shoe sales.  This includes the sale of shoes at fashion shows.  Furthermore, I think all military style shoes, e.g., Vietnam era jungle boots, should require a special license to own.

We need new legislation, and the most obvious agency to be charged with its enforcement is the BATF, whose name would be changed to BATFS:  Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Shoes.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
All true!, now my question is Iwear size 14 boots. Are they to be considered Assault Boots?,now I wear thjem on duty, they would be exempt LEOnly assault boots??
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'd swear in the Las Vegas Rewiew Journal today it said they are gonna figure out a way to have everyone take their shoes off and pass it through a bomb screener, I hope I read it wrong, the last thing I want to see is everyone walking around the airport barefooted, eeewwwww the smell [puke]. I still don't know why they let any carry on bags, people still trying to bring suitcase size "carry on's" onto the plane.
View Quote

Sometime our government doesn't see painfully obvious solutions such as:

1)  To have select low-profile female passengers board naked.
2)  Strip all other passengers and have them wear hospital gowns.
3)  No luggage on board, no briefcases, no purses, no nothing.
4)  All luggage will follow in a specially constructed bomb proof "luggage plane' - remotely piloted.
5)  Work on increasing the wait-time for passengers to five hours minimum.
This has got to work.  Govmint logic says "That fewer passengers equals fewer terrorists" and that's got to make us safer.  

I know there are far more un practical measures we could take.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.accessconnex.com/batfsshoe.jpg[/img]

Kinda scary looking. Is it a pre-ban?

Link Posted: 12/24/2001 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
And don't forget the waiting period... there must be at least a three day waiting period.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.accessconnex.com/batfsshoe.jpg[/img]

Kinda scary looking. Is it a pre-ban?

View Quote

Stop, your killing me!!!!!![:D]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#7]
so like a woman that was naked, in 5 inch heels, would she be able to board the plane? or would she haveto take her shoes off?
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
so like a woman that was naked, in 5 inch heels, would she be able to board the plane? or would she haveto take her shoes off?
View Quote

Without exagaration if I told you twice I told you a mellon times - NO Shoes.
(Of course all rules should have some flexibility.  Now let's say the female in question was an 8.5 - add that rating to the height of her heels - 5" - certainly she could wear her shoes.)
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#9]
flew back from hartford, ct last night and in addition to the usual scan, wand, frisk, they had a dog at the boarding gate sniffing shoes and carry-on luggage.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
4)  All luggage will follow in a specially constructed bomb proof "luggage plane' - remotely piloted.
View Quote

Sheesh!!! This is totally unnecessary.  Put it all in a cargo container or two and tow it behind the 747.

THAT'S why I'm paid the big bucks...
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#11]
We could bring back WWII towed gliders (those [i]weren't [/i]sailplanes).
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#12]
There is no reason for any person who is not military or police to have, to own, to use portable footware.
Ban them all now.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]ALL YOUR SHOES ARE BELONG TO US!!!![/B]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#14]
What no assualt shoes?
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sheesh!!! This is totally unnecessary.  Put it all in a cargo container or two and tow it behind the 747.

THAT'S why I'm paid the big bucks...
View Quote

When the "Peoples Republic of Korea" (prk) speaks I listen and defer to your superior wisdom
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#16]
What to you mean we need to registarter shoes. We need to ban foot odordates! They defeat the x-ray machince to sniff out the explosives.[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:............. a dog at the boarding gate sniffing..... .
View Quote

Please, please this "Bomb" stuff is very serious and I would never make light of it.
But suppose, just suppose some male bomb sniffing dog centered on the "crotchial" area of a female passenger ??

Many will agree that from a few ounces to several pounds "could" be stored in this "area" - obviously the storage potential will depend on the specific female terrorist.

Does anyone have a clue as to what the dog handler should do ?

This potential storage area would be excellent for C-4, Semtex, etc., and I believe this "storage area" should be looked into and quickly !

Has the Director of "Home Land Security" issued any specific guidelines for handling this potentially "sticky" situation ??
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#18]
THIS IS NO JOKE!
Random shoe checks a new reality of airport security
[URL]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/12/25/rec.athome.facts/index.html[/URL]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#19]
It's obvious that few on this board take our saftey seriously.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Will accessories be regulated as well (ie. socks, laces, Kiwi polish, etc.) ????
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Will accessories be regulated as well (ie. socks, laces, Kiwi polish, etc.) ????
View Quote

With the ever-growing threat from shoes and socks constructed from C-4, Semtex, etc., as well as laces made of "det-cord" I believe the time is near when all traverlers will go barefoot.

I can't believe you would even mention Kiwi polish - not only will the Kiwi polish be banned but there will be no feet tanning allowed.

Remember we face a very unreal threat from feet constructed of C-4......

Also look for new directives in the feetal area from the "Director of Homeland Security."
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#22]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/016/wa/Zb/2I/RJ37582.jpg[/img]

A security screener at Logan Airport in Boston, Massachusetts carries a passenger's shoes to be scanned December 23, 2001. Airports around the world were on top alert December 24 and holiday travelers faced scrutiny of their footwear after a man was caught apparently trying to blow up a plane with shoes that had been packed with explosives.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:............. a dog at the boarding gate sniffing..... .
View Quote

Please, please this "Bomb" stuff is very serious and I would never make light of it.
But suppose, just suppose some "male bomb sniffing dog" centered on the "crotchial" area of a female passenger ??

Many will agree that from a few ounces to several pounds "could" be stored in this "area" - obviously the storage potential will depend on the specific female terrorist.

Does anyone have a clue as to what the dog handler should do ?

This potential storage area would be excellent for C-4, Semtex, etc., and I believe this "storage area" should be looked into and quickly !

A female "terrorists" utilizing the aforementioned "crotchiable" storage area presents a unique and deadly duo of enhancements for the "Stored C-4" - a "shaped charge" and should the female terrorist properly position herself both a "Shaped and Directed" charge !

Has the Director of "Home Land Security" issued any specific guidelines for handling this potentially "sticky" situation ??
View Quote
View Quote

Both "warlord" and "majorwoody" point out the seriousnes of this subject.
"HvyAr" brings up the probability of banning shoe accessories - socks, laces etc.

From the look in the "bicycle-seat-sniffing" security screeners eyes(Picture by majorwoody) I can tell you my belief is that shoes will never be registered but will go directly to "BANNED!"
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/016/wa/Zb/2I/RJ37582.jpg[/img]

[b][size=3]"OK Sarge I checked her shoes but there's NFW I'm checkin' Rosie's panties for nuthin'  I don’t care if I am on double time!"[/size=3][/b]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
From the look in the "bicycle-seat-sniffing" security screeners eyes(Picture by majorwoody) I can tell you my belief is that shoes will never be registered but will go directly to "BANNED!"
View Quote

I think it will eventually be the other way around. EVERYTHING will be serial numbered and matched to your Global Human Identification Number. You will receive stock issue personal belongings from your district material supply depot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top