Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2001 11:55:12 PM EDT
Perhaps ErikThe(IsraelCanKillWhoeverItWantsAndIDontGiveACrap)Hun can come up with a justification for why this is all right.  I can't, and the framers of the U.S. Constitution apparently would agree with me -- just see the little-used Third Amendment.

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011223/ts/mideast_bethlehem_dc_1.html[/url]

[b]Bethlehem's Inns Host Only Sadness[/b]

BETHLEHEM, West Bank (Reuters) - No room at the inn? The 210-room Bethlehem Hotel has 208 of them free for this Christmas Eve.

[...]

Up the road from the Bethlehem, the Paradise Hotel used to proudly display a picture of Arafat meeting the Russian Orthodox patriarch. Now, the lobby is hung with strands of twisted metal and scattered with broken glass instead of festive decorations.

Rooms are black with soot and the staff says nobody has money to repaint them.

Paradise was lost in October, when Israeli soldiers kicked in the doors and made it an outpost, drawing the fire of Palestinian gunmen from across a little valley.

``When we said we wanted to go in to inspect the hotel, the Israelis held their guns in our faces and told us to go away,'' sales manager Elias al-Atrash said.

``After they left, we found it was completely ruined,'' he said, pointing to a dried smear of blood on a doorframe. ``I do not know how many fires there were started here, but everything will have to be replaced.

``We have no money to repair it and I don't have anything from either side to suggest that they will.''
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
1. It is their fault for building a hotel there.
2. The republicans said it would be ok to trash the place.
3. 6 million killed in WW2 is justification enough.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 2:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
How does the US Constitution relate to Israel?
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 4:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Palestinian areas are a war zone by reason of continued acts of war by the vermin against Israel.  They have been at war for over 50 years so they should expect to suffer these things.  They have it within their power to put an end to it - just recognize Israel's right to exist in peace and stop murdering them!

I have ZERO tolerance for Arabs, Persians (sp)and other moslems.  One way trip to Allah for them suits me just fine!  Those who will renounce violence, recognize Israel and sever all ties to the extreme factions amongst their evil religion I will cut a little slack.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 4:05:01 AM EDT
[#4]
... very little.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 4:14:42 AM EDT
[#5]
1. Their friends down at the insurance company will get them the money.
2. Their friends down at the bank will get them the money.
3. They got no friends.
4. War is hell.

Now aren't you glad you live in the USA?  Why don't you call them up and get yourself a room reserved for a night in Paradise?
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute, let me get this straight:
Paradise was lost in October, when Israeli soldiers kicked in the doors and made it an outpost, drawing the fire of Palestinian gunmen from across a little valley.
View Quote

It appears, other than kicked-in doors, any damage inflicted on the hotel was done by fire from Palestinians across the valley!
``After they left, we found it was completely ruined,'' he said, pointing to a dried smear of blood on a doorframe. ``I do not know how many fires there were started here, but everything will have to be replaced.
View Quote

Whose blood was smeared on a doorframe? Some jerk Israeli soldier who had the temerity to get wounded in the fight?

And forget 'how many' fires were started, just ask how the fires were started in the first place! RPGs? Molotov cocktails?
``We have no money to repair it and I don't have anything [u]from either side[/u] to suggest that they will.''
View Quote

Well, at least the manager understands that it takes two to tango, and that the Palestinians were just as guilty as the Israelis in damaging the hotel!

Maybe if the Palestinian Authority would just round up the assassins of the Israeli minister all this would not have started in the first place!

Eric The(Post-Zionist)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to sound like a dickhead Achmed, but what the hell do you expect from two countries that have been fighting an unofficial war for decades?

I too fail to see what this has to do with the [b]U.S. Constitution[/b].
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#8]
It of course has NOTHING to do with the US Constitution.  It's simply the Israel-bashers finding another excuse to bash Israel.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a bunch of Israeli soldiers kicked in the door of a hotel in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and destroyed the place, you might have a 3rd Amendment beef.  That wasn't Bethlehem, PA though.  (...and Hell, even the 3rd Amendment only aplies to the US gov't, and Israeli soldiers in Bethlehem, PA could hardly be called the US gov't.)
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lord what do they teach these kids in school these daze?
View Quote

Apparently that the Israelis kicking in the door to a Palestinian hotel in the West Bank is a violation of the 3rd Amendment to the United States Constitution.

As a side note, what are the odds of me suing the British government over them violating my 2nd Amendment rights and winning?
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 12:22:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not to sound like a dickhead Achmed, but what the hell do you expect from two countries that have been fighting an unofficial war for decades?

View Quote

Oh, just a general observation and comparison.

Funny, though, isn't one of the big "selling points" that the NRA, Rush Limbaugh, and all the other right-wing types whom you guys worship always mention that the Bill of Rights guarantees universal rights and freedoms -- not grant them?  So, does that mean that these freedoms are only "God-given" to those who are fortunate enough to be born on American soil?

If that's true, then why is it you folks whine and complain about Sudan's enslavement of Christians?  They're not U.S. citizens either -- yet you seem to call the slavers "savages" and other critical names.  But the people they're enslaving weren't born on U.S. soil, and so don't have the rights granted, er, "guaranteed" by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, right?  So why do you care about that??

I guess this kinda drives home the point that I made a few times in the past -- Americans love their freedoms, but most don't give a flying crap about the third-worlders whom we're out trying to "save from themselves".

Which I suppose is why Germany and Japan don't have a Second Amendment-equivalent in their governing documents, and why you guys think it's ok for Israel to kill/rob/bulldoze/pillage whomever it wants.

Oh, and Eric:
Originally Posted By EricThe(KillAllTheNonIsraelis)Hun:
at least the manager understands that it takes two to tango, and that the Palestinians were just as guilty as the Israelis in damaging the hotel!
View Quote

The hotel owner didn't do anything to piss off the Israelis to begin with -- they just took over his hotel and forced him out at gunpoint [red]because they could[/red].  They wanted a place to make an outpost, so they picked his.  No compensation, no cleanup after they caused it to be destroyed.

Here's hoping that some day it happens to you.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

......and a Happy New Year.....

How festive.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 2:32:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is what some are preparing for, and praying to be wrong.
SSD
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 3:47:58 AM EDT
[#15]
So, does that mean that these freedoms are only "God-given" to those who are fortunate enough to be born on American soil?
View Quote

They're "God given" to everyone worldwide.  Unfortunately, they are constitutionally protected only in the US.  

Eddie
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 4:02:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Post from 71-hour_Achmed -
Americans love their freedoms, but most don't give a flying crap about the third-worlders whom we're out trying to "save from themselves".
View Quote

Maybe so, maybe so, but I do know that if there's any country on the face of this globe that responds quickly, magnanimously, and unilaterally to any natural or man-made disaster on the face of this planet...it is US!

So you third-worlders out there, don't complain about the US with your mouths chock full of Care/Red Cross vittles, compliments of the greatest people who ever populated this blue marble, we call earth. US!
The hotel owner didn't do anything to piss off the Israelis to begin with -- they just took over his hotel and forced him out at gunpoint because they could. They wanted a place to make an outpost, so they picked his. No compensation, no cleanup after they caused it to be destroyed.
View Quote

It's called War my friend and it's never gonna be a pretty post-card scene, wherever it takes place, which leads me to to your next comment...
View Quote

Wow! Is that your 'Christmas wish'?[:D]

Well, all I can say in response to that is that if it does one day happen to me, what I'd really like to know, [b]71-hour_Achmed[/b], is which side [u]you[/u] will be fighting on in that day?

Will you be on the side of righteousness, liberty, and justice, you know, the American Way, or not?

Explain to me how Yasser Arafat can be a hero to anyone. Explain how taking planes and slamming them into commercial buildings during business hours can result in the celebrations that we saw on the West Bank, in Gaza, and in Cairo. Explain to me how a mass-murderer can have his likeness found on t-shirts from Cairo to Timbuktu.

Explain all this and maybe we can begin to understand such a foreign concept in our 'made in America' minds!

You know that I am a Christian and that 50% of the Palestinians in Bethlehem are Christians, so it is very likely that the manager and owners of the hotel were Christians, and knowing all this, can you understand why I still support Israel in its undertaking?

Eric The(OneDayYouMayUnderstand)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, just a general observation and comparison.

Funny, though, isn't one of the big "selling points" that the NRA, Rush Limbaugh, and all the other right-wing types whom you guys worship always mention that the Bill of Rights guarantees universal rights and freedoms -- not grant them?  So, does that mean that these freedoms are only "God-given" to those who are fortunate enough to be born on American soil?
View Quote

No, but how in the hell is the US supposed to enforce the Bill of Rights in another country without a war and US occupation? Are you suggesting that we send in the military every time we find a rights violation in another country?

If that's true, then why is it you folks whine and complain about Sudan's enslavement of Christians?  They're not U.S. citizens either -- yet you seem to call the slavers "savages" and other critical names.  But the people they're enslaving weren't born on U.S. soil, and so don't have the rights granted, er, "guaranteed" by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, right?  So why do you care about that??
View Quote

I can't remember the last time I saw a thread complaining about the Sudan's enslavement of Christians, though I might have missed a big one. Besides, why would anyone, besides you, claim that someone who is not a US citizen that is enslaved in a country other than the US claim that said person has rights guaranteed under the United States Bill of Rights? Not only does that sound stupid, it [b]IS[/b] stupid.

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#18]

I guess this kinda drives home the point that I made a few times in the past -- Americans love their freedoms, but most don't give a flying crap about the third-worlders whom we're out trying to "save from themselves".
View Quote

This is where you are absolutely right. I do love my freedoms. And while I may not agree with the way that some governments treat their citizens, [b]you can't save the whole world[/b].

Which I suppose is why Germany and Japan don't have a Second Amendment-equivalent in their governing documents, and why you guys think it's ok for Israel to kill/rob/bulldoze/pillage whomever it wants.
View Quote

So you are saying that you believe that the reasoning behind Germany and Japan not having a second amendment type right is because we Americans love our freedoms and couldn't give a shit less about third-worlders?

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your absolute destruction of all logic and rational thinking in this thread.

Oh, and Eric:
Originally Posted By EricThe(KillAllTheNonIsraelis)Hun:
at least the manager understands that it takes two to tango, and that the Palestinians were just as guilty as the Israelis in damaging the hotel!
View Quote

The hotel owner didn't do anything to piss off the Israelis to begin with -- they just took over his hotel and forced him out at gunpoint [red]because they could[/red].  They wanted a place to make an outpost, so they picked his.  No compensation, no cleanup after they caused it to be destroyed.
View Quote

Who said the Israelis were pissed? Most military decisions are not based upon anger, they are based upon tactical evaluations. Obviously the hotel offered some type of advantage that the building next door or across the street didn't offer and that is why it was taken over. Yeah, they took it over with force and pointed guns at people. [b]That is what armies do.[/b]

View Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....Eric The(meanamerican)Hun doesn't even own a hotel! And I doubt the Israelis would attempt to invade if he did. Hell, I can't even remember the last time Eric strapped on a bomb and blew up himself and scores of innocent people. Or the last time he shot up a car going down the road killing all of the occupants. I can't even remember the last time he threw rocks at soldiers trying to provoke his own martyrdom! Now, if he was doing all of that stuff [b]everyday[/b] I wouldn't bother to stand up for him, since I think he would [b]deserve[/b] whatever Israel wanted to throw at him.

Catch my drift?
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:19:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
........ and knowing all this, can you understand why I still support Israel in its undertaking?

Eric The(OneDayYouMayUnderstand)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric, no I can't understand either how or why one so obviously bright and well informed could choose blindness to the plight of those living in the "occupied terrorities."

The "territories" offer no hope for Palestenian children nor other living things.  No self respect.

Do you believe the Hamas recruiters only dangle a couple of "virgins" and a promise of Paradise as inducement and fill quotas ??  There is also roughly $7,000 - $8,000 that goes to the family on the person killed.

Finally, I don't want to hear about these people running airplanes into buildings when you know very well that every Arab and Muslim alive is not culpable.

One day-any day take a look at both sides of the Israeli/Palestenian problem.  You won't be happy with either side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top