Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2001 4:16:02 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/595654/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah England, such a safe place now they took away everyones guns.

When I read the title I was expecting another story from South Africa.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Reminds me of A Clockwork Orange. I wonder what the rape victim in that movie would have done if she had been armed in her home to defend against the boy's intrusion and attack. There sure wouldn't have been any psychological experiments and Kubrick would have to have come up with a different story line.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Detectives have taken closed-circuit television footage from shops in the Friary and elsewhere to establish a sequence of events.
View Quote

Now don't these cameras just make you feel safe?

"It would have been really busy at lunchtime, it being the last Saturday before Christmas," the spokesman said. The girl was being examined by a doctor and cared for by rape counsellors at the police station.
View Quote

e.g.  "We can't provide you with protection because that isn't our job, but you can't have a gun because we are here to protect you.  Even though we can't provide you with protection and you can't protect yourself because we are here to protect you, we'll help clean you up and give you socialized mental health care to help you get over being victimized.  Have a nice day. Next."

Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Evil, sick, subhuman scum.  Rapists should be peeled like a potato.  Too harsh a punishment?  That is a thousandth of the suffering that their victims go through.
View Quote

I'll second that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
If some onlooker had tried to help the girl and injured one of the "youths" they would probably face more time than the rapists.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
It's been proven, an armed society is a safe society.

Look at the downward trend of violent crimes in Tennessee and Texas. Now compare that with California and Ohio.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I hadn't read this.

If this ever happens to anyone I love......well, I can't say what I would do because of all the PC BS.

Humans are just like animals, no matter how evolved we appear to be.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't give a shit about the pc bullshit. I tell you exactly what id do if somthing like that ever happened to someone i know/love. Id hunt them down and kill them. But not instantly. id make them die slow painful horrible deaths. id kill them in a way that would be ten times worse then what we all hope for ben laden to get. I swear to God that i will do everything in my power to keep the united states from becoming like that.

to the rapists. Were HERE!!!!...... [-!-] [pissed] [kill] [devil] [heavy]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Sound a good application of super-hot pepper spray.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sound a good application of super-hot pepper spray.
View Quote

[flame]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:04:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:29:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I swear, if that happened to anyone of my friends, first thing i'll do is get my XM177 from the phillipines brought here. Then I'll go hunting. [heavy]

fucking pond scum. they deserve to die!!!

The worrying thing is that the british ideology when it comes to guns is spreading throughout the other members of the Commonwealth.

Apologies for the amount of anims. I need ot get my frustration out.

[-!-!-] [50] [chainsawkill] [frag] [heavy] [kill] [pissed] [rocket] [shotgun] [sniper] [uzi]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:31:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Nothing shocks me anymore, but I'll say one thing - if it was my daughter, those bastards, regardless of their age would be casterated, and I would be in gaol!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:36:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#19]
1Feral1, what happened to our gun laws before port arthur? What were we allowed to carry? I was only in Year 7 when that happened

Motion to go to the UK and find the bastard so that he could be used as target practice CARRIED!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#20]
After that Martin Bryant idiot killed those 35 people, the govt on the wave of human emotion passed those laws without one single complaint.

So no SA rifles and pump shotguns sucks really.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:33:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Post from 1feral1 -
View Quote

Then do what we did, revolt from England and recover your lost rights...

Oh, wait a minute, this [u]wasn't[/u] a law foisted upon you by HRM and Her Government, it was a law passed by your own representatives!

Well, now at least you know who to revolt against, eh?

Eric The(WeKnowHowYouFeelThough,We'reBarelyHangingOnToOurRightsAsItIs)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#23]
[b]
Quoted:
Reminds me of A Clockwork Orange. I wonder what the rape victim in that movie would have done if she had been armed in her home to defend against the boy's intrusion and attack. There sure wouldn't have been any psychological experiments and Kubrick would have to have come up with a different story line.
View Quote
[/b]

Stanley Kubrick only directed the film and may have helped write the screenplay.
The late Anthony Burgess wrote the book "A Clockwork Orange".In the book,which is an enjoyable read,the woman was raped also.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#24]
In addition to the scum sucking perps of this crime, the scum sucking cowards who stood by and watched should be peeled like potatoes too.  Any man who will stand by and watch someone get brutalized or murdered without trying to stop it is a worthless waste of oxygen and is no better than the actual perpetrator of the crime.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#25]
DAMN [shock]...didn't anybody think the girl needed help at all?!?!  WTF WERE they thinking?  Why in hell didn't they get involved?
[pissed][pissed][pissed]

As long as the (Iwannafeelgoodatanycost!) Leftist Leaning Brits see firearms as a greater threat than these scumbag criminals and the violent crimes they perpetrate, British society will continue to be plagued with horrendous crimes like this one.  Unfortunately, I suspect they won't see the light for a very long time, since they appear to be more than ready to put up with this, no doubt feeling (as do our Libs at home in America) that the "[relatively] very small number" of such crimes makes the chances of it happening to ME very slim and much lower than the chance of me or mine being murdered by a gun toting wacko!
Anyone that still believes Britain (or New Zealand or Australia or any other venue in America) is safer because the citizens have been "DISARMED" is living a totally deluded life.  This canard is VERY dangerous since it gives society a totally false sense of safety and gives the criminals all the more incentive to ply their trade.
I carry.  I WILL NOT be a victim and I WILL pull the trigger on any rat bastard that tries to do harm to me or mine!  I AM a safe citizen.
Shame on the Brit liberals for placing their citizens in such danger.  Shame on our politicians for trying to do the same to us.
Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six!
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!
[soapbox]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any man who will stand by and watch someone get brutalized or murdered without trying to stop it is a worthless waste of oxygen and is no better than the actual perpetrator of the crime.
View Quote

As one or two people against 15, is not very good odds. How are you going to overcome such odds, without your firestick? What are you going to accomplish if you & a friend were beaten into a coma, and come away with life-long injuries.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any man who will stand by and watch someone get brutalized or murdered without trying to stop it is a worthless waste of oxygen and is no better than the actual perpetrator of the crime.
View Quote

As one or two people against 15, is not very good odds. How are you going to overcome such odds, without your firestick? What are you going to accomplish if you & a friend were beaten into a coma, and come away with life-long injuries.
View Quote

1. They were kids who were ganging up on a girl and didnt expect anyone to fight them or stop them...take out one or two and the chances are they scatter.

2. They were cowards to begain wiht they didnt do it by them selves they need 14 other guys to do this....

3. I'd rather be a man and take a beating and at least try to save her...

4. if they did all jump me id bring in the "YOU" factor...I'd be saying out loud "Thats right your gonna put me in the hospital or kill me "point at the closest one and say"but im going to kill YOU!"
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

4. if they did all jump me id bring in the "YOU" factor...I'd be saying out loud "Thats right your gonna put me in the hospital or kill me "point at the closest one and say"but im going to kill YOU!"
View Quote

i like it, psyc 101.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#29]
yeah, isn't this the whole kitty genovese syndrome thing? Collective responsibility and stuff? Usually in these crowds people don't want to get involved because since no one else is they don't want to be the first one. They don't want to make a fool of themselves if they're wrong. This is the difference betwee them and us, the Brits believe in collective responsibility which means no one gets blamed for anything, anything goes wrong, society gets blamed. Here, we believe in individual responsibility, if you screw up, we screw you. It all comes down to the prevailing view of the citizenry, whether it's the Jeffersonian view of the republican citizen, or the collectivized view of ants in a colony. This could be one of those periodic things in History. The Rennaisance and Enlightenment thinkers stressed the greatness of man and the triumph of reason. Here we are today in a world of relativism, everything is some shade of gray, never black or white. Man and reason are no longer on the top of the world, just floating somewhere in the middle of it all. Considering the raw emotionalism that appeals to so many anti-gunners, and the degree of ignorance exhibited by these people, it could be just that we're entering a less enlightened period in history. A new collectivism, mass mediocrity. We give out awards for everything so everyone gets something and their feelings don't get hurt. Words like leadership gets thrown around so much I don't know what people even mean when they say it. The popular sentiment get whipped around at will by the media with their sound bites and buzz words, appealed by arguements based not on reason but on raw emotion.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
yeah, isn't this the whole kitty genovese syndrome thing? Collective responsibility and stuff? Usually in these crowds people don't want to get involved because since no one else is they don't want to be the first one. They don't want to make a fool of themselves if they're wrong. This is the difference betwee them and us, the Brits believe in collective responsibility which means no one gets blamed for anything, anything goes wrong, society gets blamed. Here, we believe in individual responsibility, if you screw up, we screw you. It all comes down to the prevailing view of the citizenry, whether it's the Jeffersonian view of the republican citizen, or the collectivized view of ants in a colony. This could be one of those periodic things in History. The Rennaisance and Enlightenment thinkers stressed the greatness of man and the triumph of reason. Here we are today in a world of relativism, everything is some shade of gray, never black or white. Man and reason are no longer on the top of the world, just floating somewhere in the middle of it all. Considering the raw emotionalism that appeals to so many anti-gunners, and the degree of ignorance exhibited by these people, it could be just that we're entering a less enlightened period in history. A new collectivism, mass mediocrity. We give out awards for everything so everyone gets something and their feelings don't get hurt. Words like leadership gets thrown around so much I don't know what people even mean when they say it. The popular sentiment get whipped around at will by the media with their sound bites and buzz words, appealed by arguements based not on reason but on raw emotion.
View Quote

Exactly the point Kubrick was making with A Clockwork Orange.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#31]
We need more death penalty in this world.  Rapists should be right in line after murderers.

If it were my wife or daughter (don't have one yet), I'd have to enact some "street justice" if the courts wouldn't take care of their job.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#32]
warlord, I hear you but I still stand by what I said.  Even if it was me standing unarmed in between that girl and 15 scumbags, then so be it.  That's the duty I feel I have to an innocent human being who is in serious danger.  Hey, if it is me versus 15 punks, the odds are that I'm going to lose... but, the odds are also that it won't come down to 15 versus me.  basically, BURN is correct.  The two closest perps nearest me are probably not going to make it home that day and it might dissuade the others.  If/when the others gang up on me, I'll at least know I'm going out doing right.  I would hope somebody would help my mother or sisters the same way.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I know it sounds harsh, but the frikking Wankers deserve what they get. They allowed this to happen. And it will happen here if we let it too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
warlord, I hear you but I still stand by what I said.  Even if it was me standing unarmed in between that girl and 15 scumbags, then so be it.  That's the duty I feel I have to an innocent human being who is in serious danger.  Hey, if it is me versus 15 punks, the odds are that I'm going to lose... but, the odds are also that it won't come down to 15 versus me.  basically, BURN is correct.  The two closest perps nearest me are probably not going to make it home that day and it might dissuade the others.  If/when the others gang up on me, I'll at least know I'm going out doing right.  I would hope somebody would help my mother or sisters the same way.
View Quote

Theres also the possiblity that after you help someone else will.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Humans are just like animals, no matter how evolved we appear to be.
View Quote

Wrong. People can be worse than animals. Anlimals do things out of instinct where as people CHOOSE to do these horrible things.
Thats why I like animals more than most people I meet. Animals will not try to screw you to further themselves, or get their jollies.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's been proven, an armed society is a safe society.

Look at the downward trend of violent crimes in Tennessee and Texas. Now compare that with California and Ohio.
View Quote

Just look at them poor bastards in California. More laws everyday. If they put a few more anti-liberty laws on the books it won't be safe for anyone to live there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:18:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Post from 1feral1 -
View Quote

Then do what we did, revolt from England and recover your lost rights...

Oh, wait a minute, this [u]wasn't[/u] a law foisted upon you by HRM and Her Government, it was a law passed by your own representatives!

Well, now at least you know who to revolt against, eh?

Eric The(WeKnowHowYouFeelThough,We'reBarelyHangingOnToOurRightsAsItIs)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

So should we revolt against Republicans like Henry "Jekyll" Hyde??  I guess that means we vote Democrat next election, since Libertarians don't exist in your "EricThe(AVoteForLibertariansIsAVoteForDemocratsAndWeMustElectRepublicansAtAllCosts)Hun" world.[-!-]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
As one or two people against 15, is not very good odds.
View Quote

And they ask me why I need my 15-rounder magazines.

"What are you going to do, kill 15 people?"
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I have some old fashioned beliefs, one of which being that any man who would not defend an endangered woman is not a man. Yeah, I might get messed up a bit by thosee punks, but I do not want to live my life always knowing what I should've done and didn't. Those kids are gonna get out of jail by the time they are 21. They ruined that girls life, probably, and some damn judge is gonna show some mercy, just watch.

[pissed]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn good thing this stuff doesn't happen over here...  

* WAIT *

Who here remembers the "Puerto Rican Day Parade" in New York City a couple of years ago..?  The exact same thing happened, while onlookers just stood by and watched! Where were you armchair warriors that day..?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I was about 8 blocks away.....& ran!
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Ya know Grin, we've decided that YOU have a negative auora about you.

It seems that whenever you go to NYC, bad juju happens... [shock]

Next time, before you travel, call Miss Cleo!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top