Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2001 1:42:40 PM EDT
I'm going to be driving down to the Stuart, Florida area next week.  Not too interested in going, but my mother is going down there to play golf, so I figured I'd tag along to help her drive down there.  I was wondering if there's anything of interest in that area?  Anything I should check out?  Any decent ranges where you can rent firearms and try them out?  Any decent shops/shows in the area?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a real nice Stuckey's at the exit.

That's about as far as I've gotten. Looks really pretty and calm there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
TRY THIS,
www.gunandarchery.com
Don't know anything about them, but what the he!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Where is your mom coming to play golf at? PGA has a country club in Port Saint Lucie (just North Of Stuart / Jensen Beach)

BTW,...www.gunandarchery.com is the website for Self Defense Guns and Archery in Stuart. They have some nice stuff, but they are just slightly "high" when it comes to price.
They also have a store in Port Saint Lucie that does not have a particularly large selection, but it DOES have an indoor pistol range.

If you feel like driving just a little further North, to Fort Pierce, The UDT NAVY SEAL MUSEUM is on North Beach. (The Frogmen used to train on the beaches of Fort Pierce years ago.)
Every year or so the SEALS hold an event there where they come in and "storm" the beach in a realistic public exhibition with Zodiacks, Blackhawks, and all of the weaponry they carry with them. Im not sure when the next one is scheduled though.

As far as gun ranges in the area, there is one in Stuart, but I believe it is "member only".
The ones I usually use are "Thundercross" in Okeechobee (about 35 or 45 miles to the West of Port Saint Lucie), and Indian River County Publisc Shooting Range (a ways to the North of Fort Pierce, in Indian River County.)
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a C3 in Stuart, don't recall name, but he puts ads on the subguns ad board. There is Stuart high school, I sold a Kerker motorcycle pipe to a teacher there about 1-1/2 yr ago.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm going to be driving down to the Stuart, Florida area next week.  Not too interested in going, but my mother is going down there to play golf, so I figured I'd tag along to help her drive down there.  I was wondering if there's anything of interest in that area?  Anything I should check out?  Any decent ranges where you can rent firearms and try them out?  Any decent shops/shows in the area?  Thanks!
View Quote

NO.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

NO.
View Quote

Damn...  Was afraid someone was going to say that.  Oh well.  Looks like it's either drive around a few hours looking for something to do, play golf with the retired octigenarians, or go try to pick up waitresses at the Stuckeys....  
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it any where near Tampa?  Nice strip bars in Tampa.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is a C3 in Stuart, don't recall name, but he puts ads on the subguns ad board. There is Stuart high school, I sold a Kerker motorcycle pipe to a teacher there about 1-1/2 yr ago.
View Quote

Self Defense Gun and Archery is a class 3 dealer (although Im not sure if he actually STOCKS any C3 stuff, or just does transfers. Ive never seen any in his shop, but he might keep that stuff in the back.

Actually there are a few other class 3 guys in the area also.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#9]
You can drive south on 95 about 45 mins. to Lake Worth. Palm Beach Shooters Supply rents class 3. 561-588-4867.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info everyone.  I'll check out that place in Lake Worth as well as seeing what else is around once I get there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top