Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2008 2:11:21 PM EDT
I go to Minnesota gun forum and Tron Guy is a member there. It turns out he lives in the same town as me. He just got himself an AR-15, so we arranged to meet at the range today. He's a real nice guy. I helped him get his Bushmaster sighted in.

No, he didn't wear his Tron costume.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
hehe pics or it didn't happen

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics....???

That's cool.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry. I didn't bring my camera.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

Guess you "watched" your cornhole, his "room-mate" is a dude that is a furry.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
so did he wear it or not?

dammit reading the whole post is key
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
so did he wear it or not?

dammit reading the whole post is key

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
He seems to be a very decent guy, at least from his posts on the other forum.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...Guess you "watched" your cornhole, his "room-mate" is a dude that is a furry.

Dude, grow up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

He's a computer programmer who collects Animaniacs memorabilia and dresses in a spandex costume even though he's fat and goofy looking.

He's weird.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]
We demand photo proof.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Com'on. He's making you post this from his basement so we don't come looking for you isn't he?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We demand photo proof.

Guess I better get working on MS Paint....
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#13]
IBTMooseKnucklePic
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#14]
If you run into him ask him about avenj/Jon Portnoy at Gentoo Linux. He might remember me, I was developer relations manager during his time as a Gentoo developer.

I certainly remember him. Funny guy, and sharp. Never knew he was a shooter, kinda funny to see his name come up in this context.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

He's a computer programmer who collects Animaniacs memorabilia and dresses in a spandex costume even though he's fat and goofy looking.

He's weird.

says a guy who likely collects miltiary style rifles, has a stockile of amunition and bodyarmor.

most people would say us arfcommers are weird
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We demand photo proof.

Guess I better get working on MS Paint....

this

we await your depiction user.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#17]
So did you invite him over here or what?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

He's weird.

says a guy who likely collects miltiary style rifles, has a stockile of amunition and bodyarmor.

I'm an oddity on ARFCOM, I don't have any military style rifles, no ammunition, no body armor, no tactical gear.

I don't collect anything, actually.

I'm one of the few people here who likes to shoot AR15's because they're fun, not because they are tactical.  I also have no idiotic delusions about playing Rambo after some imaginary societal breakdown.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

He's weird.

Bite your fuckin' tongue: he's a sysadmin, I don't care what wikipedia says.

Don't lump us in with those freaks.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

He's weird.

I'm an oddity on ARFCOM, I don't have any military style rifles, no ammunition, no body armor, no tactical gear.

I'm one of the few people here who likes to shoot AR15's because they're fun, not because they are tactical.  I also have no idiotic delusions about playing Rambo after some imaginary societal breakdown.

He's a witch!  BURN HIM!!  He turned me into a newt!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Almost as good as Lootie.  We need photographic evidence.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like a good guy.

I know that he is on a concealed carry forum.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

He's weird.

Well, are you pro 2-A?

What kind of rifles do you own?

If you are pro-2A, you are one of us.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Tell him he rules, I was hoping this was about the tron guy, not a screen name here. He is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Com'on. He's making you post this from his basement so we don't come looking for you isn't he?

"It rubs the lotion on its skin!!!"
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Tron Guy
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

He's weird.

Bite your fuckin' tongue: he's a sysadmin, I don't care what wikipedia says.

Don't lump us in with those freaks.

Yeah, that.  Maintains Hercules right now, doesn't he?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...Guess you "watched" your cornhole, his "room-mate" is a dude that is a furry.

Dude, grow up.

LOL.

"Dude"

Bill and Ted want their most-excellent phrase back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Here is the MS Paint.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Cool.  I knew he was a shooter from those segments he did on the Jimmy Kimmel Show where he went to the gun range.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool.
Is he nice or weird?

He's weird.

Well, are you pro 2-A?

What kind of rifles do you own?

If you are pro-2A, you are one of us.

Of course I'm pro-2A.

I'm just not one of the ones that most people would consider "paranoid" and "weird" because they have 50,000 rounds of ammo, 3 years supply of food, full tactical gear, and 87 rifles all in the hopes that when society breaks down, they can arm the neighborhood.  

Typically this same person is so out of shape, they couldn't walk 2 miles without sitting down to take a break, yet they think that they'll be just fine when SHTF because they have so much ammo.

To most people, they are the same type of weird as a nerd with a Star Wars action figure obsession, or a fat guy who thinks he looks cool in a spandex Tron suit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top