Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2001 12:12:53 PM EDT
Do any of you guys/gals own Robinson Armamant M96 rifles?  I just bought a carbine from a friend.  It looks exactly like a Stoner M63, and has a Stoner-type gas system.  Pretty neat rifle.

I haven't fired it yet, nor did my friend, but we did disassemble it last night.  You can change out the barrel with either a 16" carbine barrel or a 21" rifle barrel without the use of special tools.  It shoots .223 ammo and takes standard AR15/M16 mags.  It can even be tricked out as a "Bren gun" with a top-feed magazine.

Anyway, no matter how good it shoots, it will never replace my AR's as my favorite rifles.  But I was just wondering if any of you knew of any M96 resouces on the Internet, other than Robinson Armamant's site at www.robarm.com, and/or what have your experiences been with the M96?  Good or bad...

Thanks!

ARnSC
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Beretta?  Yes.
Swedish Mauser?  Yes.

Robinson?  Not yet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I own four fine Swedish bolt-action military rifles.  They are definitely the PRETTIEST of the Mausers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
M96, not yet..It is on the list.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Try www.M96.org
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't have one anymore, but I did like the rifle.  Just never shot it.  It was the only post-ban rifle I had in my collection and I just couldn't get over it not having a flash suppressor.  I know, I'm shallow.

Great gun though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
From what little I know, the M96 is an excellent idea made up of excellent features.

It just isn't quite there yet. Some of the plastic looks/feels cheap and the sights suck.

Hopefully, time will allow RA to massage the package a bit and offer a downright killer rifle.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn I thought he was talking Sweede as well..

They are the cats meow of Mausers.

I have two M96s and a M38

The Robinsons are way to pricy up here.  Mind you that is due to their not being restricted.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a great rifle.  It is a little pricey, but worth it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Try www.M96.org
View Quote

Thanks arbob... looks like he is trying to get the site up and running, or at least get some content there.  I will definitely participate.

ARnSC
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn I thought he was talking Sweede as well..

They are the cats meow of Mausers.

I have two M96s and a M38

The Robinsons are way to pricy up here.  Mind you that is due to their not being restricted.
View Quote

Thanks Stormbringer... How do you like your M96's?  Any problems or any outstanding points?

BTW... I bought mine from a friend who had bought it new.  He never fired it, and I got it for $1350.  He even threw in two Thermold mags and paid the shipping!

Thanks,

ARnSC
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Saw a carbine at the gun show this weekend.  It looks neat and is an interesting concept... I like the fact that it takes M16 mags.  Don't like the weight.  (I'll admit my snobbishness: I don't like heavy .223s.  I have no use for them.  If I want a heavier rifle, I'll up the caliber to a .308 and get something useful out of it)

But, for $1200... I dunno.  I saw a M1A Scout for the same price a few tables over.  If I had $1200 to burn, it wouldn't be a hard choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top