Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Makes me fucking sick.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to this article they are being charged with sexual assault also.

Death penalty.

It's a shame they can't be killed a few hundred times.

By TAMMY J. McCOY
The Press-Enterprise

Two Camp Pendleton-based Marines talked about whether they should kill a fellow Marine and his wife before fatally shooting them inside their Winchester home, court records released Wednesday said.

Four Marines are charged with murder in connection with the deaths of Sgt. Jan Pietrzak and wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak.

The documents filed in support of arrest warrants for the four men were released as charges were filed that make all four eligible for the death penalty.
Story continues below
Defendants, from left, Kevin Darnell Cox, Emrys Justin John, Tyrone Miller and Kesaun K. Sykes.

The men, who range in age from 18 to 21, were charged with two counts of murder, commission of a murder during a robbery and committing multiple murders for the Oct. 15 slayings of Pietrzak, 24, and his 26-year-old wife, according to court records.

Both were shot in the head, their bodies bound and gagged inside their Bermuda Street home. Riverside County sheriff's deputies were called to check the house by his employers after he failed to show up for work at Camp Pendleton, according to a sheriff's news release.

Based on the Riverside County district attorney's policy, the decision to pursue or forgo the death penalty could be made in about 90 days.

Court records cite Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, as telling investigators that the four arrived at the Pietrzak home and he pointed a shotgun at the sergeant, then went inside.

Miller and Lance Cpl. Emrys Justin John, 18, worked in Sgt. Pietrzak's unit, court records state. The other two defendants Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20, and Lance Cpl. Kesaun K. Sykes, 21, were also there, according to court records.

John and Miller later discussed whether or not to kill the couple, according to documents filed in support of an arrest warrant. Miller told authorities that John did the shooting, the records stated.

In his interview, John said he and Miller were both armed. He then ended the interview, the records state. John is the only defendant charged with using a gun.

In addition to the defendants' statements, investigators also found several pieces of physical evidence linking the men to the Pietrzak home.

Shoe prints from the crime scene matched impressions from shoes found in Cox and John's barracks, according to court records. Property belonging to the Pietrzaks was found in Sykes' home and he admitted taking things from the Bermuda Street house, the records said.

The men were also charged with a criminal enhancement of sexually assaulting Jenkins-Pietrzak.

Sykes is scheduled to be arraigned today at the Southwest Justice Center in French Valley. He is being held at the Southwest Detention Center and is ineligible for bail.

The other three defendants being held at Camp Pendleton have been turned over to the custody of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.

Link Posted: 11/6/2008 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#3]
The shitbags.

Here's to hoping they hang at Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Diversity is our strength right?

There are shitty low life criminals from all races & cultures.  Surprisingly almost every non-WASP engineer I've worked with was an upstanding person - maybe it's because of the 'filtering' process in college level technical education......

Serious question - how strenuous is the military background check for recruits?  Is it comparable to LE background checks (for the majority of depts - obviously, there have been people that should have never made it past a BI).

Brian

Link Posted: 11/6/2008 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are shitty low life criminals from all races & cultures.  Surprisingly almost every non-WASP engineer I've worked with was an upstanding person - maybe it's because of the 'filtering' process in college level technical education......

Serious question - how strenuous is the military background check for recruits?  Is it comparable to LE background checks (for the majority of depts - obviously, there have been people that should have never made it past a BI).

Brian

Not much of a background check beyond basic criminal stuff and no psych panel/questions/anything for general recruits.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Convict27, I'm glad they caught these shitbirds. Damn shame they don't make you take the walk of shame in the military anymore, it chaps my ass these punks won't have their EGA's literally torn off their persons.

PBIR,

Do you think these oxygen thieves have any pride in the EGA?  I don't think they would understand the loss even if the Corps still did the walk of shame.

RIP to the Sergeant and his lady.

ETA: for fitting punishment, see page 37 of William Deitz's novel "Legion of the Damned"
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Marine Corps is expediting their discharge and they are going to be handed over to civilian authorities. They all admitted that they did it. THis one should be quick and easy in the courts.

That sucks man.

I think the Corps failed with the discharge and handing them over to the California court system.

Link Posted: 11/6/2008 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the military still pretty strict on background checks and criminal records searching? or has it been relaxed due to the war. Just wondering how thugs got in.

Its not illegal for gang members to get in the military.  As long as they have no adult arrest record, they are good to go.

Juvy records are sealed, even the military cannot get them.

I second that.  My mom use to be DIS (Defense Investigative Service).

It's a damn shame those scumbags disgraced and dishonored the Marine Corp .  Maybe Mac of Future Weapons can use them for cannon fodder.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Not much of a background check beyond basic criminal stuff and no psych panel/questions/anything for general recruits.

Maybe it's time to start more in-depth BI's on recruits - 'we' are providing training that might not be put to 'good' use by certain folks.....

Brian
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#10]
As far as the background investigation goes, I for one had to get a secret clearance in order to work on aircraft, so my background investigation was a little more indepth than just your average Marine. Every Marine in aviation has to get that background check. 3 of the 4 worked in aviation. One of them was in Avionics so his background was screened even more. I think the underlying issue is the pack mentality. You get the wrong crowd together and you are going to get bad situations such as this.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I have to say the Marines are making a HUGE mistake.

This is a DISIPLINE problem, and should be handled in house.

These SHITBIRDS need to be Court Martialed, and then HUNG/SHOT/Lethal Injected.

You have subordinates who have KILLED their immediate Supervisor.

They need to be made an example of.

Not shuffled off to the local authorities...

Tried, convicted, shot...1 month...

What a waste of tax payer money...
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Marine Corps is expediting their discharge and they are going to be handed over to civilian authorities. They all admitted that they did it. THis one should be quick and easy in the courts.

That sucks man.

I think the Corps failed with the discharge and handing them over to the California court system.

Agreed.  These were Marines who killed a Sergeant of Marines and his wife.  Their actions fall well within the UCMJ, and they should have UCMJ paper put on them, followed by a military execution at FT LVN.

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
The problem with that is the crime was committed out in town. The Marine Corps does not have any jurisdiction out there. All we can do is assist. If the crime had been committed on base then it is a different story. The complete investigation was done by Riverside County Sherriff. All NCIS did was assist.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Can someone explain to me why the black community would have a problem with a white man marrying a black woman?  After all, wouldn't such a marriage be an indicator of a white man looking beyond color (MLK Jr's dream)?

Good looking couple.  May they find rest and happiness together on the other side of the veil.

Because scum, assholes, and worthless shit comes in every flavor.

Probably decided she was a "race traitor" for marrying a white man. Also probably "showed her what a real man is like" before killing her. Probably made the husband watch before they killed him too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Apparently now there is a connection with Miller being involved with the CRIPS.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Execute them all. We don't need that scum inside out Armed Forces. They are a disgrace to the Corps.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Those are not Marines... I will not call them Marines.  

Quoted:
If they did this they were never Marines

I'm curious –– isn't it true (I've heard it said here anyway) that once a Marine always a Marine?

Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#21]
When you do stuff like this, The Corps Disowns you. They are an empty uniform and do not deserve to ever be called Marines. Fucking Pieces of Shit.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm curious –– isn't it true (I've heard it said here anyway) that once a Marine always a Marine?

If their strength of character is so lacking that they could commit such an act, they were never Marines.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh, that pesky CoC and how it stops me from saying things.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is the military still pretty strict on background checks and criminal records searching? or has it been relaxed due to the war. Just wondering how thugs got in.

this ? is the answer

Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The SGT had probably renlisted and gotten a big re-enlistment bonus. Probably in the sum of 20k (thats what they offered me) While thats not a lot, others have been killed for a lot less money.

how stupid does 1 have to be in today's society to actually think you can get away with a crime like that?

Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I dropped a line to my brother, he is a USMC Sgt at Pennalton, and is a Cobra/Huey mechanic... I'll see what he has to input
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The problem with that is the crime was committed out in town. The Marine Corps does not have any jurisdiction out there. All we can do is assist. If the crime had been committed on base then it is a different story. The complete investigation was done by Riverside County Sherriff. All NCIS did was assist.

Article 2 of the UCMJ defines who is subject to it which includes essentially all personnel on active duty orders.

Article 5 outlines its' territorial limitations, the UCMJ knows no boundaries.

The UCMJ applies to ALL active .mil (including NG and reserve on orders) Anywhere they might be.

There is a common misconception that military personnel cannot be tried by civilian courts and military, as some think that constitutes double jeopardy.

MYTH BUSTED!  Military personnel are subject to BOTH the laws of the UCMJ AND any applicable civilian laws.

The .gov retains the right to prosecute under the UCMJ IN ADDITION TO civilian authorities.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Bro, These were my Marines. That is why I am trying to keep everyone posted on what is happening.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#29]
You are correct, But the initial investigation was done soley by the civilian authorities. Since NCIS was not invited to the party, then all of the evidence, other than the confessions were done by the Civies. They can still be hit on the Marine side of the house, but the Corps would rather just kick them out as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You are correct, But the initial investigation was done soley by the civilian authorities. Since NCIS was not invited to the party, then all of the evidence, other than the confessions were done by the Civies. They can still be hit on the Marine side of the house, but the Corps would rather just kick them out as soon as possible.

Doh that's what I get for not reading the entire thread.

Portion I bolded is what I've seen in the AF also, FWIW
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is "in the AF"?
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is "in the AF"?

Serious crimes with similar circumstances such as this have been handled in a similar manner in the Air Force

Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Roger. Thanks for explaining. I am a dumb Jarhead ya know
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#34]
No problem, thank you for explaining the specifics of the situation and keeping us updated.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
As soon as I find out more, I will keep everyone updated.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is "in the AF"?

Serious crimes with similar circumstances such as this have been handled in a similar manner in the Air Force

Still, its a bad precedent, IMHO.  Also, the currently highest ranking inmate at the USDB is an Army LTC who killed his wife, OJ'ed the civilian jury, and then got hit by UCMJ paper, and is now serving life.

There might be some good reason to let the civvies handle it, but the DoD is sure as shit party to the investigation, and should conduct a parallel investigation, in the event any walk due to procedural issues.

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those scum were never Marines. There is no Honor in them. Marines get Honorable discharges, not murder a Marine and his wife.

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 5:53:59 AM EDT
[#38]
those worthless piles of shit need to be stuck up in front of camp pendleton on pike poles. left there to rot.

as examples to the rest of the marines.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is "in the AF"?

Still, its a bad precedent, IMHO.  Also, the currently highest ranking inmate at the USDB is an Army LTC who killed his wife, OJ'ed the civilian jury, and then got hit by UCMJ paper, and is now serving life.

There might be some good reason to let the civvies handle it, but the DoD is sure as shit party to the investigation, and should conduct a parallel investigation, in the event any walk due to procedural issues.

LTC Jeffrey MacDonald ?
SF Doctor convicted of murdering wife and children, and blaming it on "hippies"?

Very Sam Shepard/"The Fugitive" kind of story.

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As far as the background investigation goes, I for one had to get a secret clearance in order to work on aircraft, so my background investigation was a little more indepth than just your average Marine. Every Marine in aviation has to get that background check. 3 of the 4 worked in aviation. One of them was in Avionics so his background was screened even more. I think the underlying issue is the pack mentality. You get the wrong crowd together and you are going to get bad situations such as this.

How come this "pack mentality" seems to be more prevelant among certain "people"
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The SGT had probably renlisted and gotten a big re-enlistment bonus. Probably in the sum of 20k (thats what they offered me) While thats not a lot, others have been killed for a lot less money.

how stupid does 1 have to be in today's society to actually think you can get away with a crime like that?

I really doubt that THAT prospect (Getting caught PDQ) ever seriously crossed the minds of the shitbags that did this.

Fuckin' idiots sat around feeding off of each other for awhile (I'm bettin') about how much they hated the SGT (For any number of "real" and immagined reasons) and "BINGO", one day one of them pulled an "idea" out of his ass.

Godspeed to the young couple who had this idiocy directed at them.

The shitstains who did this should be shot if convicted.

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not if you get a dishonorable discharge or a big chicken dinner. Regardless of how they might see themselves, a double D means the brotherhood drops you.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When things happen off post, the jurisdiction it happened in has first crack at them. It's not a given that the .mil will prosecute their own.

That sucks man.

When things happen off post, the jurisdiction it happened in has first crack at them. It's not a given that the .mil will prosecute their own.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is "in the AF"?

LTC Jeffrey MacDonald ?
SF Doctor convicted of murdering wife and children, and blaming it on "hippies"?

Very Sam Shepard/"The Fugitive" kind of story.

Nope, different guy.  Pitched his wife off a balcony at the Embassy Suites near the Kansas City Airport.

After his acquittal, he got hit by a UCMJ case and ended up back at FT LVN.  I think he was a CGSC student, I believe.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Latest

Mother of murdered marine Jan Pawel Pietrzak and daugther-in-law writes Obama for help

By Corky Siemasko

"Dear President-elect Barack Obama, they killed my son."
So begins a wrenching letter by the mother of murdered Brooklyn Marine Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, published Wednesday in a Polish newspaper.
In it, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga asked Obama for help in getting to the bottom of the murders of her son and daughter-in-law, Quiana. Police say four other Marines killed them both - but not before raping Quiana.
"Death at war at the hands of an enemy is, for a soldier, a patriotic honor," the heartbroken mom wrote in Polish.
"That fact alone enables his family to come to grips with the loss. The death of a soldier in his country and at the hands of his own soldiers ... is a source of endless suffering for his family."
The Pietrzaks were tortured - and Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak was raped - before they were bound, gagged and killed execution style last month in their California home.
"Their lives were taken in a bestial way," Pietrzak-Varga wrote in the letter in the Dziennik Wschodni newspaper. "My son's wife was raped in a bestial way, most likely as my son looked on helplessly."
Prosecutors say robbery was the motive, but neither family believes it - though they have stopped short of calling it a hate crime.
Pietrzak, 24, who was born in Poland and raised in Bensonhurst, was white. His 26-year-old wife, who grew up near San Diego, was black. So are the four accused Marines.
"If it was a robbery, why didn't they come when nobody was home instead of in the dead of night - armed to the teeth?" Pietrzak-Varga wrote.
"Why did this happen? What motivated them? What was it about my son and daughter-in-law that inspired such hatred and loathing?"
Two of the four Marines served under Pietrzak, an Iraq War veteran, at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego. They were charged last week with murder and rape.
Investigators are also checking whether one of the accused Marines, Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, had ties to the violent Crips gang.
The Pietrzaks had been married for just two months when they were murdered on Oct. 15. Their bodies were at the morgue when the wedding photos they planned to send with the thank-you cards arrived at their house.
A friend of Pietrzak family said the grieving mother wrote to Obama because her son and daughter-in-law admired the Democrat and voted for him a day before they were killed.
Pietrzak-Varga composed the letter on Veteran's Day. She described how they emigrated from Poland in 1994, how her son enlisted at age 17 after 9/11, how she raised him to be a good American. "He wanted to defend America," she wrote.
Pietrzak-Varga also said her daughter-in-law's parents need closure. "They need to know why she, as a soldier's wife, was killed," she wrote.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#46]
The perps are not human...and they should die like the animals they are.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Latest

Mother of murdered marine Jan Pawel Pietrzak and daugther-in-law writes Obama for help

By Corky Siemasko

"Dear President-elect Barack Obama, they killed my son."
So begins a wrenching letter by the mother of murdered Brooklyn Marine Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, published Wednesday in a Polish newspaper.
In it, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga asked Obama for help in getting to the bottom of the murders of her son and daughter-in-law, Quiana. Police say four other Marines killed them both - but not before raping Quiana.
"Death at war at the hands of an enemy is, for a soldier, a patriotic honor," the heartbroken mom wrote in Polish.
"That fact alone enables his family to come to grips with the loss. The death of a soldier in his country and at the hands of his own soldiers ... is a source of endless suffering for his family."
The Pietrzaks were tortured - and Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak was raped - before they were bound, gagged and killed execution style last month in their California home.
"Their lives were taken in a bestial way," Pietrzak-Varga wrote in the letter in the Dziennik Wschodni newspaper. "My son's wife was raped in a bestial way, most likely as my son looked on helplessly."
Prosecutors say robbery was the motive, but neither family believes it - though they have stopped short of calling it a hate crime.
Pietrzak, 24, who was born in Poland and raised in Bensonhurst, was white. His 26-year-old wife, who grew up near San Diego, was black. So are the four accused Marines.
"If it was a robbery, why didn't they come when nobody was home instead of in the dead of night - armed to the teeth?" Pietrzak-Varga wrote.
"Why did this happen? What motivated them? What was it about my son and daughter-in-law that inspired such hatred and loathing?"
Two of the four Marines served under Pietrzak, an Iraq War veteran, at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego. They were charged last week with murder and rape.
Investigators are also checking whether one of the accused Marines, Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, had ties to the violent Crips gang.
The Pietrzaks had been married for just two months when they were murdered on Oct. 15. Their bodies were at the morgue when the wedding photos they planned to send with the thank-you cards arrived at their house.
A friend of Pietrzak family said the grieving mother wrote to Obama because her son and daughter-in-law admired the Democrat and voted for him a day before they were killed.
Pietrzak-Varga composed the letter on Veteran's Day. She described how they emigrated from Poland in 1994, how her son enlisted at age 17 after 9/11, how she raised him to be a good American. "He wanted to defend America," she wrote.
Pietrzak-Varga also said her daughter-in-law's parents need closure. "They need to know why she, as a soldier's wife, was killed," she wrote.

I hope he answers her letter.

I would like to read what he says.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#48]
God bless the Marine and his wife and family.  My condolences to his friends in the unit.

that said,...

Of course this is 85% racial hate crime, 10% disrespecet of the authority of those appointed over them, and maybe 5% about some money.

I'm not likely to believe much else.

In boot camp they talked about light green Marines and dark green Marines being the same.  That is idealistic to be sure.  I wasn't even out of boot camp and I had a dark green E-7 openly hostile to me while on a stupid detail to clean some range buildings at Parris Island.  Why did he harrass me?, because I was white and the two guys I was put in charge of on the detail were black.  He said so point blank and called me a spoiled white kid with rich parents.  (Far from the truth).  Heck when the Reverand Wright thing surfaced I almost thought it was him but Wright was likely out of the Marines before 1987 when this incident occurred.  My senior DI was pissed and said he'd handle it but I never heard anything on it again.

Racism is alive and well in this country unfortunately.  Obama isn't going to change that I'm sure.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Latest update––––––––––––––––-

4 Marines plead not guilty to murdering colleague

Fri Nov 21, 4:23 am ET

MURRIETA, Calif. – Four Camp Pendleton-based Marines, including one known as "Psycho," have pleaded not guilty in the execution-style slayings of a fellow Marine and his wife.

Sgt. Jan Pietrzak, 24, and his wife, Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, were found gagged, tied and shot in the head in the living room of their Winchester home on Oct. 15. Investigators said the house had been ransacked and a fire had been set, an apparent effort to destroy evidence.

The not guilty pleas were entered Thursday at Superior Court by Lance Cpl. Emrys John, 18, of Maryland; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20, of North Carolina; Pvt. Kevin Cox, 20, of Tennessee, and Lance Cpl. Kesaun Sykes, 21, of California.

John and Miller worked for Pietrzak, who was a helicopter airframe mechanic.

Miller, Cox and Sykes, known as "Psycho," told police they went to the home to rob Pietrzak. All four said his wife was sexually assaulted, according to an investigator's affidavit.

The Marines are charged with two counts of first-degree murder and special-circumstance allegations of committing multiple murders, committing the crime during a robbery and rape by instrument.

John, whom prosecutors believe shot the couple, is also charged with a special-circumstance allegation of using a firearm to inflict great bodily injury or death.

Prosecutors have not decided whether to seek the death penalty.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081121/ap_on_re_us/marine_slaying;_ylt=AmnSVnKKjMdVz74nF3btCppvzwcF
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
May the scum responsible for this burn in Hell. After being dragged to death behind a Humvee, that is.

WTF has happened to my beloved Corps!?

What happened to our beloved Corps?  We SNCOs aren't kicking ass on a daily basis like we're supposed to, that's what.  Junior Marnines are being allowed to run amok without supervision after-hours, and the NCOs and SNCOs don't have their noses in everyone's business like we used to.  Too much time for these yahoos to get into trouble.  If we're going to allow gang members a second chance, then they're going to need constant supervision until they are old enough emotionally to be left to their own devices.  

That means privelages like living off base, off-base liberty, off-base liberty in civilian clothes, marriage, having a car on base, all of it-EARNED.  It'll suck to for the Marines that can handle life like adults for a short time, but it'll keep crap like this from making the headlines with people asking where the hell the supervision is?

My views have changed over time for a reason.  If you question my reasoning, just go to the Jacksonville, NC Mall and look around.  The riff-raff may only be 2%, but they stick out like turds in swimming pools for the rest of the world to see.

Rant mode off....  

When I went in in Oct of 83 and got out in July of 98 the entire span was pock marked with shit like this. J'ville was a cesspool and Court Street was basically an open brawl every weekend.  

Q'town and the tirangle area of Virginia outside Quantico had constant Marine on Marine or Marine Vs civilian violence. Often murders.

This is not anything new.

The military is a mirror of our society and we get our military from society.

In all services, in all units there is a 5-10% shitbag group. They do stick out like a sore thumb as you said.

All that said our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines are our best and brightest and this kinda of shit is a drop in the bucket compared to the acts of charity and leadership our folks provide to our country.

I hate that these stories get more coverage than the acts of courage, commitment and integrity that mark our troops. God Bless all of them. We are fortunate to have them.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top