Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 2:20:22 PM EDT
Good questions to ask someone pro-gun for a second amendment video I am making??? It is for a government class I am taking.

Any good suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
What is an assault rifle?

What is a Saturday night Special?

Why do you NEED guns?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you think that widespread gun ownership deters criminals?

Do you think that criminals will think twice before attacking someone if they think they might have a concealed handgun?

How does the 2nd amendment "protect" other rights enumerated in the consitution?

Why do you think that your opponents believe that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound?

If the Talmud, the bible, the koran, the pope, and the Dali Lama all agree that deadly force is justified in self defense, then why do your opponents believe that it is morally wrong?

Given the effectiveness of drug prohibition, do you think that criminals will be able to get guns if suddenly they are made illegal?

Why do you think that your opponents believe that the bill of rights defines individual rights in all cases except for the second amendment, where they claim that it protects the rights of the government to bear arms?

If the first amendment protects the use of fax machines, photo copiers, and computers as tools of free press and free speech, then why does the anti-self defense crowd think that the second amendment doesn't apply to semi-automatic rifles with large magazines?

Do you agree with these quotations:

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed -- unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
- James Madison

"The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

- Samuel Adams

"The strongest reason for the right for the people to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

- Thomas Jefferson (1801)

How do you feel about this quotation:

In the grand scheme of things, my gun may not seem like it's all that important to a legislator who is protected by armed bodyguards and lives in a gated community, but to my little girl, it's daddy's way of making sure she gets to go see grandma this weekend.

- Michael James

It's not new knowledge that guns do not cause crime, criminals do:

"Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est" ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands.")

Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

Why, then, do you think that your opponents can get away with demonizing guns?

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you believe gun-owners get civil-rights-tunnel-vision being ever vigilant about rkba and are willing to ignore or rationalize other legislated attacks on personal freedom and liberty?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
1. What is the Bill of Rights.

2. Why do we have a Bill of Rights.

3. Is the 1st Amend an individual right or a right just for the press.

4. Is the 2nd amendment an individual right or just for militas.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW! Great questions guys, THANKS!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the highest level of personal freedom?
Remind your audience that "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me."
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top