[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Would the volunteer posse members be other LEO's, or just civvies with guns?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:30:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I love that guy.

He's a patriot.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.

-K
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Would the volunteer posse members be other LEO's, or just civvies with guns?

They are law enforcement employees with the sheriff's office.

They wouldn't do this lightly. I'm sure there was full probable cause to do this.

Imagine, cops with semi-automatic firearms. The horror. The horror.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Arpaio loves to get attention.  Too bad he is the only LE other than border patrol that goes after illegals.  Several of the bleeding heart mayors have made the cites sanactuary cities (Mesa, Phoenix to name a few).
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.

in a hetro kind of way
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Whats the story about videotape that surfaced Wednesday depicting the brutal death of an inmate at a county jail?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Whats the story about videotape that surfaced Wednesday depicting the brutal death of an inmate at a county jail?

Brian Crenshaw

Brian Crenshaw was a blind inmate allegedly beaten into a coma by guards working under Arpaio. Crenshaw suffered injuries that included a perforated intestine and a broken neck. He later died at a local hospital.

Crenshaw's family filed a lawsuit against Arpaio and his office, which resulted in an award of $2 million dollars.[53] As in the Scott Norberg case, it was alleged that Arpaio's office destroyed evidence in the case. In the Crenshaw case, the attorney who represented the case before a jury alleged digital video evidence was destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#19]
sounds like America still lives, and is struggling for breath.

thanks joe!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Inmate choked and beat to death another inmate in his cell. Surveillance video shows it, but it took guards like 20-30 minutes to figure out what happened.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.

I'd have a higher opinion of him if he didn't go after his political opponents using county funds. And if he'd stick to nailing illegals instead of some of his other questionable tactics...

You may love him, but if he were sheriff in your county and tried to implement things like mandatory fingerprinting for traffic stops, you'd probably have a more realistic opinion of him.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I L-O-V-E that Sheriff!!

Also scary how the mayor was wetting his pants that the deputies had "SEMI-AUTOMATIC" guns!!!   Jeeze - them things is WAY too dangerous to let out, even in the hands of trained lawmen!  

Looks like some voters need to get on the ball and roll that shit bag mayor out the door!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.

in a hetro kind of way

in the most heterosexual taxpayer-dollar defending way
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't mind being fingerprinted for a traffic ticket. Hell, I'll even give her a DNA sample.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Smith, who appeared distraught as he spoke with reporters, said he also took great offense that City Hall was targeted.

"The citizens of Mesa, Arizona, this is their City Hall. (It) was, in my belief, violated by another government agency. I don't believe that's proper . . . and I believe that also crosses the line as to what law enforcement should do," he said.

Translation: We're above the law.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#28]
+1 For Sherriff Joe!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#29]
I applauded the MCSO for following up on a lead & apprehending illegal aliens.  However, I do have to question Arapio's tactics at times - seems the majority of the time he executes legitimate LE enforcment in the most sensational way to get his name in the media.

I also have to wonder what the arfcom response would be if MCSO did the same 'raid' for an alleged drug dealer working for a cleaning crew at City Hall/Library.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Arpaio loves to get attention.  Too bad he is the only LE other than border patrol that goes after illegals.  Several of the bleeding heart mayors have made the cites sanactuary cities (Mesa, Phoenix to name a few).

And because he uses the illegal alien issue (mainly to draw attention to himself), people who don't know all the other self-serving slimey shit he pulls love him.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And because he uses the illegal alien issue (mainly to draw attention to himself), people who don't know all the other self-serving slimey shit he pulls love him.

Yep-folks crying foul at Obama's "truth squads" would shit a kitten if they researched how Joe deals with political opponents and public detractors.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.

in a hetro kind of way

in the most heterosexual taxpayer-dollar defending way
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep-folks crying foul at Obama's "truth squads" would shit a kitten if they researched how Joe deals with political opponents and public detractors.

Careful brother, by posting our opinions we're very likely to be targeted by the Arpaio Intimidation Machine.

Quoted:

He's a patriot.

Bullshit.  He's a politician of the worst sort.   Be as ignorant and blind as you want.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Careful brother, by posting our opinions we're very likely to be targeted by the Arpaio Machine.

+1.  The New Times may be a liberal rag and a shitty paper, but those who publish it and those who read it enjoy the right to do so as much as anyone else.  You can't pick and choose what parts of the Constitution you want to respect.  Selective Enforcement Unit anyone?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#37]
While I approve of the raid...I'm not sure going in with full battle gear (if that is what happened) was appropriate.

Most people here will probably disagree with me, and I'm fine with that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Smith, who appeared distraught as he spoke with reporters, said he also took great offense that City Hall was targeted.

"The citizens of Mesa, Arizona, this is their City Hall. (It) was, in my belief, violated by another government agency. I don't believe that's proper . . . and I believe that also crosses the line as to what law enforcement should do," he said.

+1
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Careful brother, by posting our opinions we're very likely to be targeted by the Arpaio Machine.

I know.  I'm almost regretting it now.

It's a very patriotic feeling.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Gotta love joe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
While I approve of the raid...I'm not sure going in with full battle gear (if that is what happened) was appropriate.

Why do you feel necessary to comment on a LEO's attire when serving arrest warrants? What's it to you? What does it have to do with anything?

What's appropriate, then?

I feel that police battle gear does not affect anyone's life in any way, except those super sensitive types who don't want to see cops armed with anything other than a pen and notepad. I wish they would go back to England.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you feel necessary to comment on a LEO's attire when serving arrest warrants? What's it to you? What does it have to do with anything?

I feel that police battle gear does not affect anyone's life in any way, except those super sensitive types who don't want to see cops armed with anything other than a pen and notepad. I wish they would go back to England.

Looks like I hit a nerve.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Damn, it's Friday and you're on the East Coast; you must be drinking already - we agree on something

Brian
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you wear full battle-rattle for every warrant service?  I'm having a hard time believing illegal aliens working for a janitorial crew are armed/dangerous and necessitate that kind of response.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup! He's the Sheriff not the chief of police he doesnt work for the mayor. The mayor can't pull his strings
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Good work Joe!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love that guy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Sheriff Joe "Attention Whore" Arpaio did something that landed him in the news? What else is new?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top