Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 2:26:05 PM EDT
Today I received e-mail from Interordnance and Century regarding purchasing Yugo SKS's in CA with the C&R. Interordnance says they are waiting for a letter from the CA DOJ stating they are legal to sell here (knowing Lockyer and his ilk they will ignore the letter, resulting in a de facto ban). My sales rep at Century says he doesn't know what the situation is but will find out and contact me.

I get the feeling I better not hold my breath.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Caliban law recognizes the federal C&R list for long guns (as defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations).  If it's a federal C&R and not a Cali-banned "Assault Weapon" you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone know how much these yugo sks's are going for? and are they the same design as other nations's sks's? (not like a russian draganov and a romainan dragonav)
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
the yugo samozaryadnya karabin siminova is very unlike any other sks in several attributes. it features a grenade launching sight and gas system cutoff valve, spigot type grenade launcher and a teakwood stock. there are various and sundry changes made in machining patterns and casting form.

these are a siminov design, not a dragunov...or the romanian fpk rifle, which is a kalashnikov based firearm.

the yugos sell for $350 on gunshow tables and are well worth that figure. a good used russian laminated sks will set you back that much.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks bob, now i have to have one(like i have a choice)i do what the brain tells me  : )
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like one also.

My first SKS, a milled chinese, was something like $69 at Turners.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
since the gun is not detachable mag it doesnt fall under the BS23 criteria for AW, but the grenade launcher in general is probably illegal, which would keep the gun out of the state.
the M1 Garand grenade launcher ALONE is illegal to own in kalif.

is there anyway to remove the SKS grenade launcher?
which would make the gun legal for importation past the Caliban check point
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone interested in a group purchase?

5 SKSs are $140 each

---
or wait for a Turners special on them
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I might get one, but I want a Like New condition one. I guess the LN condition ones are only being sold by Century or something. They won't send it to CA unless the DOJ approves of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top