Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2001 11:43:55 AM EDT
I was traveling the backroads today and stop at a small gunshope. Well the guy there had a AK47 bulgarian preban new for $510.00. I think this is a good deal. I plan to perchase it next weekend. Does this sound like a good deal?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, "pre-ban"  Bulgarian?  Have not seen many Bulgarian's imported prior to 1989.  

Perhaps you meant, in pre-ban configuration, as it has the US parts installed to have a pistol grip?

In any case, that's about the going rate for a Bulgy AK variant.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
There are no Bulgie prebans that I know of.  If it's a pistol grip config, then I'll hazard a guess it's a plastic made in USA job.  If so, why?  I thought it was a preban.

It's probably a SA-93, with a milled receiver.  A decent price for one is $475, but $510 seems ok if you get to skip FFL fees and shipping.  But search the for sale ads for SA-93 for a comparison.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Couple of months?  Muahahaha.

Other than the AR15.com insignia, it will likely be a rifle that anyone could purchase, and assemble.  Unless Castle goes with a custom AK builder to do something special.

Quoted:
No No No No [b] NO! [/b]

Save your money.  In a couple of months there will be a LEGP AK from the board that will be way nicer and not much more scratch.

Nothing wrong with bulgies, I've owned several, and they are in fact some of the best out there.  Then again, the LEGP AK will make it pale in comparison.

Trust me, it will be worth the wait!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I might be wrong, it might be hungarian.  Any way i am going back up there next week end and get it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
If it IS a Hungarian preban, jump all over it.  Maybe the seller is an ignorant hick or just desperate for money, but more likely it's the Bulgie postban.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont think there are any Hungarian prebans either.  All the Hungarians I have seen have the butthole stock... abthough the Hungarian wood is the most beautiful of all of them.

If it has a pistol grip installed, MAKE SURE you confirm somehow it had all the required US parts.  I would be very careful whenever purchasing an AK already having been converted....
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Hiram, are you putting it together, or is Castle Arms?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys just answered a few questions about my Bulgie,milled,black plastic AK....$400 and worth it! I love the hell outta this gun...And Oh yeah...the LEGP will be on my list. I know the Castle guys will do their thing well. Too bad the AR companies are playing mind AND $$$ games with AR15.commers on pricing and availibility. Their loss. I feel for ya antiussa & Hiram...those AR guys suck at relaying good PR. IMHO....

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FALARAK, if it were just some hohum rifle with an AR15.com logo on it I wouldn't be pushing for it nor would I stake my good name on praising it.

It will not, [b] REPEAT NOT [/b], be a run of the mill AK that you could buy just anywhere.
View Quote

Cool!
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top