Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 7:55:06 PM EDT
Well, I have finally reached 1000 posts. Didn't think I'd actually get here. I'm a true member now!

Well, for my 1000 post, I do a McUzi and post what I KNOW to be true(:D]):

-Guns save lives
-The AR15 is one of the greatest battle implements to be designed, along with the M1 Garand, 1911A1 and anything else designed by John Browning
-The Founding Fathers were the wisest men of all time
-The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were two of the Greatest Documents ever written
-I hold these truths to be self-evident, [red]that all men are created equal(in regards to authority)[/red], that [blue]they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights[/blue], that [green]among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness[/green]. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, [yellow]deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed[/yellow]. That [purple]whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it[/purple], and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
-The Confederacy was a resistance to tyranny, and the War of Southern Independence was fought not over slavery, but the right to self-government
-Lincoln was a tyrant and one of the worst presidents
-The decline of liberty begin with the defeat of the Confederacy
-The rise of World government started with Woodrow Wilson
-We should not have gotten involved in WWI, and that by doing so set the seeds for WWII
-FDR was one of the worst presidents, and he led us into WWII by provoking the Japanese into attacking us
-The Great Depression was cause by government and was NOT solved by WWII
-Foreign Interventionism never helps, but only harms
-Small limited republican constitutional government is the best government designed so far
-The Second Am. protects all non-NBC weapons
-The 16 and 17th Amendments were the worst amendments ever enacted(besides the 18)
-95% of what the Feds do is unconstitutional
-The police has a right and duty to refuse to enforce any unconstitutional laws

That's all I can think of right now [:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
... right on, pretty much nailed it on the head!

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice informative 1000th post!! Will you be adding more info on your 2000th post. [}:D][?][}:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You forgot: Hillary Clinton is a Bitch!
If that ain't truth, I don't know what is!!!

Good 1000th post!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm counting down to post #666. 10 to go!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]
No, wait, it's 9 to go.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I mean 8 to go.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Forgot to count the post that I was on. 6 to go.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Getting close.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]
The decline of liberty begin with the defeat of the Confederacy
View Quote

I disagree.  If it was bad enough that fourteen states (11 + 3 border) considered the idea to to succeed more reasonable than living with an increasingly more oppressive federal government, then the decline of liberty had already begun before the war.

he[Lincoln] suspended the Habeas Corpus
View Quote

It was suspended in several different states!  He even arrested legally elected state representatives in Maryland.  The 13,000 were held without due process in Maryland alone!

Let's not forget that Lincoln ignored (in action and words) and now Bush (in words, so far) is ignoring the fact that noncombatants can not legally be tried in military tribunals.  Ex Parte Milligan finally, in 1866, gave the Supreme Court a chance to very clearly state their position.  Hopefully, the Supreme Court won't have to do it a second time.z
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice informative 1000th post!! Will you be adding more info on your 2000th post. [}:D][?][}:D]
View Quote

Hmm, didn't think about that, but it is a great idea! Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
-FDR was one of the worst presidents, and he led us into WWII by provoking the Japanese into attacking us
View Quote

No love for FDR here. But don't let me 78 year-old WWII vet father, who lost a lot of buddies at Iwo, hear you say that. He'll track you down and kick your ass. And he would be right.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No love for FDR here. But don't let me 78 year-old WWII vet father, who lost a lot of buddies at Iwo, hear you say that. He'll track you down and kick your ass. And he would be right.
View Quote

FDR was president for so long that many people thought of him as the ONLY president.  My mother was born in the early thirties and as a child he was all she had known as a president.  People backed him because they didn't know any better.  And when the war started everyone rallys around the president.  

He was the worst president this country has ever had.  Yes, even more than Clinton or Lincoln.  Of course Jimmy Carter is history's greatest monster. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:34:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

FDR was president for so long that many people thought of him as the ONLY president.  My mother was born in the early thirties and as a child he was all she had known as a president.  People backed him because they didn't know any better.  And when the war started everyone rallys around the president.  

He was the worst president this country has ever had.  Yes, even more than Clinton or Lincoln.  Of course Jimmy Carter is history's greatest monster. [:D]
View Quote

I'm with you on all points. And today dad would agree as well. Back then he was more of a fan of FDR, growing up on the receiving end of a lot of BS. As he grew older, his politics changed with experience, as happens to all of us.

What I mean to say is if he heard someone argue that the US somehow provoked Japan into attacking Pearl, that would really piss him off. That argument is without reason or logic, and is held primarily by those who hold an isolationist view of the world. We've discussed that matter many times, and we both agree the embargo was moral, just, and within our rights. The Japanese did not see it that way, and in the end, of course, paid a very high price.

Who can reasonably argue that the US was wrong in cutting off the supply of materials necessary for the Japanese to wage war in Manchuria and Indo-China? Come on, let's get real here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top