Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 4:26:46 PM EDT
On one hand, we got the Democrats re-grouping on the gun issue again and claiming that terrorist training manuals say full-auto firearms are easy to get at any gun show, and that .50 rifles can shoot down jetliners.

Then on the other hand we got Ashcroft eagerly ripping apart the other 9 Amendments and criticizing anyone who questions his tactics as un-American.

Score:

Terrorists with too much freedom, 5000.

Governments with too much power, 100,000,000.

[:|]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Sooo, what your saying is.. The glass is half empty?[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#2]
? optimist- the glass is half full.
pessimist- the glass is half empty.
realist- get a smaller glass!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
? optimist- the glass is half full.
pessimist- the glass is half empty.
realist- get a smaller glass!
View Quote

Ahh, but you must realize.  There is no glass....
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
We're not totally f******* but I'd be very leery of the many hidden agendas out there. A lot of them aren't even hidden. From what I've seen in Europe and heard of in Australia, Great Britain, and Canada - we need to be vigilant if we are to keep our Constitutional rights. My advice stay involved fighting for your rights- but stock up while you can. Better safe.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sooo, what your saying is.. The glass is half empty?[}:D]
View Quote

I guess it's half full, but there's a real thirsty Democrat with a straw standing next to it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
WhomItMayConcern, that's a great point!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#8]
between a rock and a hard place
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, according to Keepandbeararms.com, Emerson is going to SCOTUS.  We'll have to keep our guard up.  I know there's probably not much we can do to influence the Justices on the SCOTUS, but we can hope that they see what the Justices in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals did, and uphold our individual Rights.  That will seriously put a big gaping HOLE in any of the Anti's arguments.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Then on the other hand we got Ashcroft eagerly ripping apart the other 9 Amendments and criticizing anyone who questions his tactics as un-American.

[:|]
View Quote

How can you say that? Ashcroft just today heroically defended the right of the FBI to have a national gun owner's database, but vigorously declared it would not be used illegally. He is an american patriot no matter what other people say, including my friend who has lost his way spiritually.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Enough with the joking.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm only 21 and just begining to really grasp the political situation and appreciate my right to be heard.  Right now I'm thinking that the only way for us to get the message across is to go into politics.  But, then I wonder, just how small a deographic are we, if you can even group us into one?  The majority of people are too willing to give up their rights.  I honestly believe this situatioon will have to go full circle before our thought process is understood.  The government will have to slowly revoke the Bill of Rights, piece by piece, one by one, until we are nothing but complacent pieces of shit before people (sheeple) realize "oh, why isn't anyone listening to my needs...OH SHIT I GAVE UP ALL MY FREEDOMS!"

One of my former friends (because talking to him is like talking to a sack of concrete) is a Poly Sci major and believes every little thing that the liberals let fly, hook, line, and sinker.  That is pretty much the deal here in college.  The future looks un-Gawdly awful if things don't change.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#12]
BTW, I think we are getting f---ed really hard by GWB.  The appointments he's made aren't working out so well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Enough with the joking.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm only 21 and just begining to really grasp the political situation and appreciate my right to be heard.  Right now I'm thinking that the only way for us to get the message across is to go into politics
View Quote

Politics nowdays has nothing to do with trying to do what is right, but doing everything, no matter how deceitful, to keep one's political party in power.

If you really want to go into politics you will have to completely give up your principles in exchange for political expediency. If you don't do that you will go nowhere fast at worst, or at best be all alone like Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Enough with the joking.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm only 21 and just begining to really grasp the political situation and appreciate my right to be heard.  Right now I'm thinking that the only way for us to get the message across is to go into politics.  But, then I wonder, just how small a deographic are we, if you can even group us into one?  The majority of people are too willing to give up their rights.  I honestly believe this situatioon will have to go full circle before our thought process is understood.  The government will have to slowly revoke the Bill of Rights, piece by piece, one by one, until we are nothing but complacent pieces of shit before people (sheeple) realize "oh, why isn't anyone listening to my needs...OH SHIT I GAVE UP ALL MY FREEDOMS!"
View Quote

You have hit the nail on the nail.  It took me a LONG time figure this $hit out. Here is a possiblilty.  For the next local election, go volunteer some time to campaign for a pro-gun politician on the local level, i.e. state legislator etc., or against an anti-politician. Do you belong to a gun rights group. I used to get 2 NRA American Rifleman magazines, I leave one at the local doctor/dentists office.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top