Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2001 3:18:48 PM EDT
I had posted this in 'Civil War', but I have moved it here to invite reasoned discussion.
Please keep it civil. If you think I suck please attach that as a postscript to an otherwise civil post.

I just saw that Mr. Pig locked the 'Open Letter from Steyr' thread.

He insulted personally a poster, calling into question his devotion to firearms freedom and the poster's efforts relating thereto. The poster responded in kind, with a defense and personal counter attack.

Instead of defending himself or responding with facts (and perhaps thereby toning down the the personal exchanges which he started) Mr. Pig instead John Wayned a response and locked the thread.

Mr. Steyr was a little harsh and combative in his statement to Mr. Pig, and the second poster on 'Open Letter' likewise but in my opinion Mr. Pig lacks the ability to be moderate while riding heard on this, the most loose and freewheeling of AR15.com boards.

Based on these and other actions I have read of his, I say his style and habit is to start exchanges which he then uses his rank and power alone to end.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Since the proof should be readily available maybe you could get it with links and a short explanation of why you think it supports your case.  You are making pointless accusations, which are neither reasoned nor civil.

Thank-you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter!

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Good points Velveeta. I don't know how to link, could you pitch in, please?

Link one to the BOTD in question, link two to Open Letter to Goatboy from Steyr...Three to "BIGPIG" and then for contrast please select any pre-power post of his, in which he is civil, polite, and informative (all that I just saw in searching)

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]

[sleep]  [sleep]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd suggest we all take a 24 hr. break from these specific topics.  It's been done to death.

However, it's apparent that some people just *have* to get the last word in.  Prove me wrong by letting this thread, and all others related to these events die a quiet death.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Happy shooter,

I cannot find the first topic mentioned but here is the second:

Open Letter to Goatboy from Steyr...
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=75688[/url]

You will notice that steyrgirl called BigPig a “f*cking sh*tbag assh*le.” under the guise of his grandfather would say it.  

Big Pig’s response to the provocation was:

Well isn't that cute, StyerAUG is mad at me. Gee, I feel soooo special!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, stop your whining, and grow up. Give this crap a rest, and get your priorities striaght.

DonR is right as usual, poor old SA must be a martyr, he just can't have it any other way. How truly sad that the "right" to post some sluts on a gun site is more important to you people than fighting for your gun rights. If only you put the same effort into the latter as you people put into the former, maybe we'd have an easier time.
View Quote

Steyr seems to be the aggressor here which kind of does not prove you contention that: “He insulted personally a poster, calling into question his devotion to firearms freedom and the poster's efforts relating thereto. The poster responded in kind, with a defense and personal counter attack.”

So let us look at the next thread:

WHO IS BIG PIG?
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=75360[/url]

In which Steyr says in his opening post:

Quoted:

The topics SteyrAUGs PERFECT 10s was completely compliant you fucking shitbag asshole.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=75278[/url]
View Quote

Which still does not make Steyr seem too innocent.

As a matter of fact it was a response to this thread which “started” it all (I personally think steyr was starting it before this, but I will show that in a minute)
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=75278[/url]

If you take the time to read BigPig’s comment it makes not personal attack, but steyr [I]immediately[/I] escalates to over the top personal attacks.  

Now for the “pre-power” post of steyr:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=74274[/url]
in which steyr says:

Quoted:
Well TEMPORARY Babe Of The Day finally got locked, as I knew it would. No, I'm not psychic I just know how grown ups act sometimes and that is why I named it "Temporary."
View Quote

In which he tells us (On November 30th BTW) that he knew that threads like that get locked.  Why would he continue to make these posts?  Was he fishing for a confrontation?   Does he need attention that bad?  Let me know your thoughts.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I feel like we are just beating a dead horse....
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree, those are insulting on Steyr's part. I like him, we are not buds or anything, but he is fun and informative. He also is not a moderator. His behavior should have been better, but he is now in time out for it.

My main problem is with what Mr. Pig is doing. As a moderator he starts problems and then ends them using his power. In the end of the just locked open letter he does, and in BIGPIG he does the some, but leaves the actual locking to someone else.

(added some more Steyr stuff)
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent analysis and arguement, here and on the previous thread, Mr. Velveeta, sir.

Happyshooter-
Just for your info., GoatBoy originally closed the "Open letter..." thread, then DonR added a comment and locked it again, then BigPig added his final comment and locked it again.  One of the perks of being a moderator I guess!

As the world turns...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Goatboy locked the thread, not me.  Go back and read the part where he says he will be locking it.  Next time, don't assume a damn thing because that is what is convenient to you.  Get your facts straight.

As far as me "insulting" a member, don't sit there with your keyboard commando attitude and twist my words around to suit your agenda of rage towards me.  What I said was its sad that people (like you) sit there and moan and groan about the "violation" of your so called "rights" on an Internet message board.  I said that instead of wasting your time complaining about this, and making yourselves into martyrs be standing up to the "mean moderators and staff" you should spend it worrying about the erosion of your actual rights, and the state of the nation.  Its funny that I have gotten only ONE email about all this, but have seen half a dozen threads publicly posted.  Why is this?  Must you make yourselves martyrs for the rest of the membership here by publicly dragging this on for days?  Wait, I guess I just answered my own question.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Happyshooter-
Just for your info., GoatBoy originally closed the "Open letter..." thread, then DonR added a comment and locked it again, then BigPig added his final comment and locked it again....
View Quote

True, but why let facts get in the way of ones arguement!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My main problem is with what Mr. Pig is doing. As a moderator he starts problems and then ends them using his power. In the end of the just locked open letter he does, and in BIGPIG he does the some, but leaves the actual locking to someone else.

(added some more Steyr stuff)
View Quote

The problem I have with this is you do not offer proof (Either in a correct title name or link) of this.  

Am I “Evil” because I own guns, even though I have never misused them?  (Well I have not cleaned some a couple of times)  Some people may say I am.  Without asking for accountability for accusations I could end up spending the rest of my life in prison because of what someone “thinks” about me whether it is backed up by facts or not.  

Frankly I would not know BigPig from Steyr if they were standing in front of me.  My problem is with the “witch hunt” mentality.  I may be wrong but at least show me what you are talking about.   I think it is only fair.

Thanks Dscott.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Both of you guys were in the wrong as far as MANY are concerned.
View Quote

Notice yet how only ONE of them is/has been willing to admit such, though?

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BigPig the best thing you can do is let things die. I know your taking heat but your stirring up as much shit as everyone else.
View Quote

You're right, I'll start by locking this waste of bandwidth since this topic has been beaten to death and hopefully things will die down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top