Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 12:10:14 PM EDT
Well, here's another nail in our coffin. NBC reporter said he was using a shotgun and "automatic" weapon of unknown type. Why cant these psychos used clubs or ball bats or some shit other than guns???. MAN!! [pissed]

BrenLover
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Shitbag...

It was probably one of those assault 10/22s.

QS
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe he used a real automatic weapon about as much as I believe Chuckie Schumer is looking-out for my best interests.  Even the local paper here has a policy of using the word automatic to describe any repeating rifle or handgun, even revolvers and lever actions.z
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It might as well have been a full auto, it's what every gun ignorant person will think after watching the news. If he used a fintlock it would still be portrayed as one of those evil "assault flintlocks", ya know, the ones that shoot 2 rds per minute. Whoo Hoo!
BrenLover
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It might as well have been a full auto, it's what every gun ignorant person will think after watching the news. If he used a fintlock it would still be portrayed as one of those evil "assault flintlocks", ya know, the ones that shoot 2 rds per minute. Whoo Hoo!
BrenLover
View Quote

I believe that would need 3 rounds a minute to qualify. The fully automatic 20-rounds-a-minute Welsh Longbow would fall in this category also...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
And those long bows fired AP projectiles that could pierce armor from a couple hundred yards away! Double evil! Today your quiver would only be able to hold 10 arrows unless you had a preban quiver that is. [;)]
BrenLover
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And those long bows fired AP projectiles that could pierce armor from a couple hundred yards away! Double evil! Today your quiver would only be able to hold 10 arrows unless you had a preban quiver that is. [;)]
BrenLover
View Quote

Yep, and either horn tips OR forearm protecter, but not both, and overall unstrung length less than 72". Oh, yeah, the post-ban quiver would have to have an orange follower...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]
'after more than an hour, police had not entered the building'
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, here's another nail in our coffin. NBC reporter said he was using a shotgun and "automatic" weapon of unknown type. Why cant these psychos used clubs or ball bats or some shit other than guns???. MAN!! [pissed]

BrenLover
View Quote

actually those psychos do use clubs and baseball bats. but thats not news. america has a high homicide rate with such weapons. higher than most other countries.

im not a ball lib
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard on the radio that none of the 35 people shot died. Is this true?
How bad of a lousy shot does a guy have to be to shoot 35 people, whether he had a full-auto or not, and not be able to kill one person.
Don't get me wrong. I was not hoping for this idiot to kill anyone, but geez, even with a bolt-action .22 one would expect at least a couple deaths, if not life threatening injuries.

Maybe this a-hole proved that automatic weapons are NOT dangerous to society. He'd probably been better off using a baseball bat.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He'd probably been better off using a baseball bat.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

Or bodkin points (AKA "Knight Killers") on the ammo for the "fully automatic pre-industrial assault longbow"...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard on the radio that none of the 35 people shot died. Is this true?
How bad of a lousy shot does a guy have to be to shoot 35 people, whether he had a full-auto or not, and not be able to kill one person.
Don't get me wrong. I was not hoping for this idiot to kill anyone, but geez, even with a bolt-action .22 one would expect at least a couple deaths, if not life threatening injuries.

Maybe this a-hole proved that automatic weapons are NOT dangerous to society. He'd probably been better off using a baseball bat.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

I heard Sarah Brady was down there today...

"He's not dead yet.."

She wanted to make an example of 'assault weapons'...

"When suddenly he felt as if he was about to recover, he felt the icy cold hand of death upon him!"
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#13]
So much for police being the fix-all protectors.  The factory called the police about the threat the gunman made that he'd come back and shoot them.  Police said they couldn't really do anything.  Then he actually came back.  The shepherd can't always protect the sheep.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#14]
The police have no duty to protect people from crime.  Their only duty is to fill out accurate reports.

OTOH - The company DOES have the duty to protect it's employees.  Hint Hint, if you own a business, get a shotgun to protect your employees.  We do, and we had to deploy it once.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

Apparently, now it is being reported that at least 1 is dead.  I told you, Sarah Brady is down there stuffing the wounded.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#16]
The arrows must not have "fletch hiders" only "shaft brakes" and only on one arrow must fly with each pull of the string.(post ban)
BP
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

Apparently, now it is being reported that at least 1 is dead.  I told you, Sarah Brady is down there stuffing the wounded.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that someone did die. But that is still a remarkably low number for Sarah Brady to yap about. Maybe someone should tell her that there was more deaths by traffic accidents alone in the last 24 hours than there has been gun deaths in the last year.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Pre- 17(68) Bows bring the biggest premium as well as catapaults (sp?) that can throw more than 10 stones in a single throw. Really though, we should keep a "death clock" that keeps count of all types of dealths as the year goes so all can see how few people really die due to guns.
BrenLover

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pre- 17(68) Bows bring the biggest premium as well as catapaults (sp?) that can throw more than 10 stones in a single throw. Really though, we should keep a "death clock" that keeps count of all types of dealths as the year goes so all can see how few people really die due to guns.
BrenLover

View Quote

Do we get to catagorize each non-gun death in several headings, thereby artificially inflating the total numbers???

And yes, the ultimate stone-thrower, the trebuchet, is most certainly pre-ban.

Fletch hiders and shaft brakes, LOL!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#20]
And the Knight's name

[size=3]Black Talon[/size=3]

[%(]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The police have no duty to protect people from crime.  Their only duty is to fill out accurate reports.
View Quote

I know about this, but can anyone give me a link of the actual court case which says this?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate that they ALWAYS demonize the damn firearm.  All the sheeple are getting brainwashed by our countries lame media empires.  Hell they are the largest contributors to gun violence in our culture with all their total crap programming.  

Absolute and total hypocrisy
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Sure we can fudge the numbers... its all in good play. If they can we can.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I know about this, but can anyone give me a link of the actual court case which says this?
View Quote

There are several cases that pertain, Warren v. District of Columbia being the most notable. Deshaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services, Balistreri v. Pacifica Police Department, and others all support this. I have a couple of word documents which analyze these decisions if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a roommate in college that was a journalism major.  He had a book that defined the usage of words when writing a story.  I flipped through it and I know that the following terms shotgun, pistol, revolver, and automatic were defined.  If these reporters would do  some homework they may get their facts straight.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
At least the SOB saved us some court costs by offing himself. Glad only one died, but still ANOTHER huge setback for us. One step ahead, two steps back...
BrenLover
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#28]
The police have no duty to protect people from crime.

Indiana's legislature has declared that governmental entities and their employees cannot be held liable for negligence in the performance of a discretionary function.  The government also cannot be held liable for negligently failing to enforce the law.

Indiana Code Ann.  Sec.34-13-3-3(6)
Indiana Code Ann.  Sec 34-4-16.5-3(6)
Indiana Code Ann.  Sec 34-13-3-3(7)

In other words...

To serve and protect at our descretion.  Your tax dollars at work.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#29]
What an automatic knife?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#30]
so where do I get information on these court cases as you mentioned that sets precedent for freeing the police from responsibility to serve and protect? I would seriously like to see them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
so where do I get information on these court cases as you mentioned that sets precedent for freeing the police from responsibility to serve and protect? I would seriously like to see them.
View Quote

As stated before, I have a couple of Word documents that explain all of the relevant decisions. If someone wants to provide a place, I can post them and people can dowload them freely.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#32]
So it turns out that their were 6 people shot, one with a shotgun. Perhaps others.  Way to go F(*K HEAD.  EVERY TIME THEY Do THIS BULLSHIT WE ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE TO TAKE THEIR PUNISHMENT.  WITH EVERY DAMN LAW THAT GETS PASSED BY LIBERALS THAT TAKE AWAY OUR GUN RIGHTS.  WE ARE THE ONES WHO GET HELD IN A PRISON OF SORTS FOR THESE STUPID FUCKS ACTIONS. THEY KILL AND LAW ABIDING PEOPLE ARE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IT.  

BENJAMIN
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:As stated before, I have a couple of Word documents that explain all of the relevant decisions. If someone wants to provide a place, I can post them and people can dowload them freely.
View Quote

Send them to me. I can put them up. My email is the letter icon above.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#34]
sent
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#35]
One gun too many, or one gun short? If just one of those co-workers had a CCW, things may have been different. I don't know what the companies policy is on firearms, but if they restrict carrying, then they should carry the burden of protecting the employees. Simple
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Here are the docs SomeGuyInAHat sent me:

[url]http://www.matthewbutch/download/policenoduty.doc[/url]
and
[url]http://www.matthewbutch/download/rightpoliceprotect.doc[/url]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#37]
While we are talking pre-ban quivers, does anyone know the best place to buy them and also I would hope for a good price.

I have seen them for over the shoulder mount and also waist band mount at the bow shows.  Not sure which I prefer.  Any thoughts on this out there? [stick]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 4:08:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Find a book titled "Dial 911 and die" I have it and may start a mail around with it. Its scary!Not only do they NOT have an obligation to come and save your ass but you cant do anything about it legally!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:52:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

No links, but here are some court decisions over the past 100 years or so on this topic. Any good large public library should have them on file or availabity thereof through interlibrary loan.

It has been determined time and time again, the police have no legal responsibility to protect any
individual:

Bowers v. DeVito, U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit,  686F.2d 616
(1882)
Riss v. City of New York, 293 N.Y. 2d 897 (1968)
Keane v. City of Chicago, 98 Ill App 2d 460 (1968)
Hartzler v. City of San Jose, App., 120 Cal. Rptr 5 (1975)
Reiff v. City of Philadelphia,  477F. Supp. 1262 (E.D.Pa. 1979)
Warren v. District of Columbia, D.C. App., 444 A.2d 1 (1981)
Morgan v. District of Columbia, 468 A2d 1306 (D.C. App. 1983)
Lynch v. N.C. Dept. of Justice, 376 S.E. 2nd 247 (N.C. App. 1989)
Marshall v. Winston, 389 S.E. 2nd 902 (Va. 1990)
Calogrides v. City of Mobile, 475 So. 2d 560 (S.Ct. Ala. 1985)
Morris v. Musser, 478 A.2d 937 (1984)
Davidson v. City of Westminster, 32 C.3d 197,185 Cal. Rptr. 252,649
P.2d 894 (S.Ct. Cal. 1982)
Chapman v. City of Philadelphia, 434 A.2d 753 (Sup. Ct. Penn. 1981)

A typical quote:

"Law enforcement agencies and personnel have no duty to protect
 individuals from the criminal acts of others; instead their duty
 is to preserve the peace and arrest law breakers for the protection
 of the general public."  (Lynch v. NC Dept. Justice)
------------------------------------
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top