Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2001 12:00:46 PM EDT
Any positive or negative reviews?  Looking for a more budget oriented safe - Dick's has the E-23 (electronic lock) model for $1000; a local gunshop has the classic 23 on sale for $900 and the classic 25 for $1000.  The e-23 has 11ga walls, 5 1" locking lugs, and a 1" composite door.  The only thing that really worries me is the door - how does it compare vs. steel?  The classic 23 is pretty much the same, minus the electronic lock and 12ga walls.  The classic 25 is a bit larger, but also goes back to the 11ga walls, and has a 1/4" steel door.

I'm sorta at a loss as to which to choose, if in fact any are worth it.  I really like the electronic lock - seems like access in hurry would be much easier.  However, it seems like a lesser safe overall to the classis 25, for the same price.  OTOH, both are really more than I wanted to spend, so the classic 23 may be a better choice for me right now...  OTOH, what is $100 in the long run?  I'm gonna have the safe for awhile, after all.  Sigh... decisions, decisions...

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
Rocko
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow - stuff really moves fast around here.  These suck so bad no one wants to comment? ;)

Anyways, BTT.

Rocko
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my 25 cubic feet "Sportsman" in 1996.  Remington safes are great for the money, they are made by Liberty.  The biggest mistake people make when buying a safe is they get it to small.  Several of my friends are buying safes a second time and mine is full as well.  Better get both if you can.

I don't know about the door thing.

Absolutely, the touch pad is the way to go.  I use 2 safes at work which are touch pad and it is much better than the manual dial.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top