Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2001 3:20:44 AM EDT
FoxNews has just confirmed a story in which 2 American soldiers were killed, and 20 injured from a bomb dropped from a B-52.

Stay tuned for details.

Eric The(I'mOnIt)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:26:20 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]DAMN IT[/b] I was afraid something like this would eventually happen.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, it just goes to show you that anytime we hear a story about how some civilians are killed by an bomb gone astray, and some say it was purposefully done, it's very easy to prove otherwise.

I mean, who's going to argue that we purposefully let this trgedy occur?

Eric The(AlthoughInThatPartOfTheWorld,SomeWillSayIt!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:37:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's CNN's report on the event: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/12/05/gen.war.against.terror/index.html[/url] [>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:38:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's FoxNews' on the event: [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,40113,00.html[/url]  [>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:41:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn.  B-52 for close air support.  Somehow that doesn't sound good.   I'd rather have a F18, F16, A1. [:D]    
2,000 laser guided bomb, who lased the wrong site? or did the bomb go off course.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Something here doesn't make sense to me.  B52's dropping JDAM's for close air support???????

Fox isn't reporting it that way.  I wonder if it wasn't a "dumb" bomb that went errant.  (Forgive me for my lack of knowledge of military terminology!)  

BTW - when are we going to get our A10's on the ground at our new air base?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]7[/b] beat me to the punch.

WTF?

... We're not going to win this with B-52's in this phase.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:11:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Not to be callous, and my heart goes out to their families, BUT this is war.
These things will happen.
They should not deter us, in any way, from our goals.
Get used to it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not to be callous, and my heart goes out to their families, BUT this is war.
These things will happen.
They should not deter us, in any way, from our goals.
Get used to it.
View Quote

I feel the same way and I'm standing firm.  I'm thankful we've only lost 3 so far - pretty damned impressive if you ask me.  Then again - we [b]ARE[/b] the biggest kick ass nation in the world!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
If someone had told you a month ago that the Taliban had been knocked back on its knees, had lost every single important city in the North, East and West, that it was clinging to its spiritual center of Kandahar by a camel's whisker, that every single airfield in the country was in Northern Alliance hands, AND that there had [u]only[/u] been 100 American soldiers killed in that process, YOU WOULD HAVE SHOUTED FOR JOY!

You would, of course, grieve for your fallen countrymen and their families, but you would have been astonished at what has been done in the field by our boys, would you not?

And to think that only 3 have died so far, we have much to be thankful for this Holy Day Season, er, holiday season.

Eric The(AmIRight?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:30:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Agreed Eric The(loudandclear!)Hun
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#12]
No it makes perfect sense, the heavy bombers are being loaded with smart bombs and then asked to loiter as CAS because of how little time the carrier planes can spend in the area.  Unconventional but they are the only ones with the legs.

F16's and A10's have supposed to be on their way for weeks now, but they find one fuck up after another trying to use airfields in Tajikistan.

Supposedly, according to Fox, they are going to start flying from there today. But that has been said before.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe it happened because we (the U.S.) did not agree with the selection of Comm. Hamid Karzai to be the new Afghan. leader.
Tom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top