Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2001 10:21:22 PM EDT
Getting my son Playstation2 for Christmas, Xbox not available.  What games do you reccommend for the PS2?  Thanks  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, depends on his age. Gran Turismo 3 is a must have if you like any type of car racing. SSX Tricky is a great snowboarding game. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for skateboarding. There is NHL 2002, NFL 2K2, and a few basketball games if you are into sports. Devil May Cry is a great action/adventure game with slight blood and guts. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty another great action/adventure game.

One of my favorite games to come out recently is Grand Theft Auto 3. This is NOT recommended for a young kid. The whole game is based on you running around a fake town killing people, car jacking, running people over, blowing things up and doing odd jobs for the mob, Asian gangs, Hispanic gangs and other fun things. I know its sounds bad but you have to try it to understand it.

For more info check out [url]http://gamespot.com/gamespot[/url]. There you can find tons of reviews, previews and more.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
WELL IF HE'S A BIT OLDER SAY 14 OR OLDER GET HIM GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 AND A MEMORY CARD FOR IT.
VERY COOL GAME!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My son is ten years old, but I try to not keep him in a protective bubble, I got GT Auto 3, when I bought the playstation, also Twisted Metal Black(he asked for twisted Metal Black, loves all the Twisted metal games).
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Buuuuuttttt daddy, I wanted a XBox like Stevie got! You don't love me anymore!!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Grand Turismo 3

Grand Theft Auto 3

Armored Core 2: Another Age

And soon to be released... the greatest game ever made:...FINAL FANTASY X...at least until numbers XI-infinite come out[:D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Half-Life
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 12:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for metal gear solid 2
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
TONY FRICKIN HAWK!!!  Pro-Skater 3 is unbelievable.

-Troy
View Quote

HAHAHAAAAAA!

What's Tony Hawk doin' on the freeway???

Front side nose grind!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#10]
metal gear solid 2. time crisis 2 (get the bundel with the Guncon)
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My son is ten years old, but I try to not keep him in a protective bubble, I got GT Auto 3, when I bought the playstation, also Twisted Metal Black(he asked for twisted Metal Black, loves all the Twisted metal games).
View Quote

Twisted Metal Black isn't nearly as good as the other Twisted Metal titles.  I found it highly disappointing.

I've got SSX original for my PS2, but Tricky looks even better, and all the EA games (Madden 2002, etc.) are good buys too.  Gran Turismo 3 is an awesome racing game, and I have yet to find it's equal on any platform.  Devil May Cry is a definite must have.  Same with Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.  Jak and Daxter looks good too, but it's not out yet.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]
MEDAL OF HONOR - FRONTLINE ...drool, drool, drool...

i won't get a ps-2 till it comes out!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#13]
the ending of metal gear solid2 is confusing and quite philisophical. dont know if a ten year old boy will comprehend its ending, but i found it fascinating.

has any one else here beat this game yet, what did you think of the ending?

Ghost lib

"the problem is trying to convince crazy people that im not crazy"
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Halo is an awesome game, almost as addictive as the original Doom.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

*GASP*!  When?!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]
For your son...riiiggghhhtt
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Gran Turismo 3 (best racing simulator ever)
SSX(best graphics and best first run game on the PS2)
Dynasty Warriors 3(a excellent hack and slash game, plus incredible graphics)

Bill3508
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#18]
My $.02 goes for D.O.A. (Dead or Alive)Hardcore
Fighting game with several different modes:
1 vs 1
1 vs computer
Tag team 1 vs 1 or 1 vs computer (you control 2 players)or 4 players control 1 character in tag team
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

*GASP*!  When?!
View Quote

i dunno. february?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#20]
PlayStation? Might as well have gotten your kid a Tinkertoy set. [;)]

I love my kids. I got them an Xbox. Just bought it today, in fact.

Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#21]
OMG! Grand Theft Auto 3.  For a mature kid or an immature adult it is the best game ever made in my opinion!.  Where else can you carjack soccermoms, steal a LAW from the reserve base and shoot down a police helicopter, assault pedestrians with a basball bat, shoot people in the head with an m-16 and watch the fountian of blood flow, screw hookers for extra health points, climb a belltower on a universtity campus and let fly with a m98 sniper rifle, steal a freightliner and jump it like Evil Kneivel, participate in organized crime, steal an infantry fighting vehicle and clear a road like the guy did in San Diego, get "3 wheel motion" in a lowrider, take meth and see the game in slow mo while your haymaker punch sends people 23 feet into the air?  HUH HUH no this is the absolute coolest game ever made.  Of course I do not advocate any of these activities but to see a video game in which your charcter gives cops the finger while jay-walking is just super cool.

my .02
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OMG! Grand Theft Auto 3.  For a mature kid or an immature adult it is the best game ever made in my opinion!.  Where else can you carjack soccermoms, steal a LAW from the reserve base and shoot down a police helicopter, assault pedestrians with a basball bat, shoot people in the head with an m-16 and watch the fountian of blood flow, screw hookers for extra health points, climb a belltower on a universtity campus and let fly with a m98 sniper rifle, steal a freightliner and jump it like Evil Kneivel, participate in organized crime, steal an infantry fighting vehicle and clear a road like the guy did in San Diego, get "3 wheel motion" in a lowrider, take meth and see the game in slow mo while your haymaker punch sends people 23 feet into the air?  HUH HUH no this is the absolute coolest game ever made.  Of course I do not advocate any of these activities but to see a video game in which your charcter gives cops the finger while jay-walking is just super cool.

my .02
View Quote

i've been playing GTA3 so much i feel like treating liberty city residence a lot nicer in order to offset bad karma. i try to take only cars from fellow criminals and rude people. "my car is better than yours!". "oh really; let me try it out". or "hey, thats my car!!". "oh really; i dont see your name on it" [;P]

now when i drive down the road and see an Ambulance im thinking "i wonder how that handles". or when i see a taxi; "i'll comb back to you later" [:D]

whats really hillarious is when you set expolsives in your car and take it to a bad neighborhood and let a fellow thug steal it from you. "BOOOOM!!!!"  "shwats you gets dick". or after letting a hooker take you for a "ride", you can get your money back with the baseball bat" bwaahahahaha!!!! [}:D]

an FBI car in mint condition is my prized possesion in the game.

"dont try this at home kids" lib

"the problem is trying to convince crazy people that im not crazy"
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

*GASP*!  When?!
View Quote

i dunno. february?
View Quote

march 2002

screenshots
[url]http://www.gamesradar.com/news/game_news_2455.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I know what you guys are saying about GTA3.  It is a great game.  I am thinking of playing sick right now so I can go home and play it.  I love stealing a huge bus and driving over everything I can.  Man.......... Boss my stomach hurts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top