Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2001 3:06:15 PM EDT
Well, I went over to the campus security office today and pleaded my case and got it reduced to a $15 excessive speed fine.  The head guy was much less of a prick than I though he would be.  It's the "officers" that are @ssholes.  He is a big Audi fan and totally understood how the quattro system can't slip the tires on dry pavement.  As far as the reckless bit, I convinced him that since his "officer" is a student employee and was not near enough to me to be "endangered", he was merely trying to rack up a bunch of fines to spite me.  

If you're confused about what happened, see the original post
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=74402[/url]

[edited to fix typo]
[edited to fix title error]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Still curious as to how the "officer" judged your speed to be excessive.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, unknown to me at the time, the campus speed limit is 10mph.  That is so slow that it is rather obvious if someone exceeds it.  But since it is a private university, I am bound by the "sign on the dotted line" at registration.  In other words, since I am going to school here, I have to abide by their policies.  I am just glad to have gotten off as easily as I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top