Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2001 10:29:49 AM EDT
I’m not sure what Neil Young’s politics are but I’ve been a fan for years. (I forgave him for “Southern Man” a long time ago)  He’s the original punk rocker as far as I’m concerned and one of many great musicians from Canada.

Just read where he has a new album coming out after the first of the year.  It’s a joint effort with Booker T and the MG’s. Sounds like it might be a winner. One of the songs is called “Let’s Roll”, referring of course to Flight 93’s Todd Beamer’s last words. Here are some of the lyrics:

No time for indecision, we got to make a move
I hope that we’re forgiven for what we got to do
How this all got started I’ll never understand
Hope someone can fly this thing and get us back to land
Time’s running out……Let’s roll

God bless Todd Beamer for being an American and God bless Neil Young for not forgetting
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
smooth yo
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm with you raf, Neil is a political comentator, but since he lives in Canada he needs a cause so he comments on the US.  Whatever, hes a talented musician but "I hope Neil Young will remember
a southern man don't need him around anyhow."
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Never been much of a Neil Young fan.

In fact, isn't he the one who sang the Marxist National Anthem ("Imagine") on the 'Hollywood Tribute To Heroes' special right after WTC?

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In fact, isn't he the one who sang the Marxist National Anthem ("Imagine") on the 'Hollywood Tribute To Heroes' special right after WTC?

View Quote

Yes he is...  horrible song, made worse by a 4th rate singer.

Love yer username by the way [:D]

You prefer the 18 or 25 yo?  25 is a little too woody for me...
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes he is...  horrible song, made worse by a 4th rate singer.

Love yer username by the way [:D]

You prefer the 18 or 25 yo?  25 is a little too woody for me...
View Quote

Whatever my wallet allows at the time!
Have you tried Laphroig - now THAT'S woody! [shock]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Always been a big fan of his.  I really like his music.

I hope this isn't him taking advantage of a horrible situation to make money.  It would be appropriate to donate all precedes to the family's of the people killed on Flight 93.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck Neil Young!

I will never forgive or forget "Southern Man"

Not all of us from South of the Mason-Dixon are "that way".

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m not sure what Neil Young’s politics are but I’ve been a fan for years. (I forgave him for “Southern Man” a long time ago)  He’s the original punk rocker as far as I’m concerned and one of many great musicians from Canada.

Just read where he has a new album coming out after the first of the year.  It’s a joint effort with Booker T and the MG’s. Sounds like it might be a winner. One of the songs is called “Let’s Roll”, referring of course to Flight 93’s Todd Beamer’s last words. Here are some of the lyrics:

God bless Todd Beamer for being an American and God bless Neil Young for not forgetting
View Quote
I don't like Neil Young, although he has made some pretty good music.  I am with the "Southern man don't need him around, anyhow" group.  

As for Todd Beamer, there are jerks/conspiracy morons on this board who say "we'll never know the truth about flight 93", "the government shot it down", "there were no heroes aboard that plane".  I say screw them and God bless Todd and his compadres.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whatever my wallet allows at the time!
Have you tried Laphroig - now THAT'S woody! [shock]
View Quote

Heh heh, I know what you mean.

I _love_ Laphroaig!  10 or 15 year, right now I have the 10.  Gotta love that smoky, peaty, iodine taste. (I'm a big Islay fan)  The dry woodiness of the older highlands/speyside gets to me though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Exactly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#14]

[b]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Always been a big fan of his. I really like his music.

I hope this isn't him taking advantage of a horrible situation to make money. It would be appropriate to donate all precedes to the family's of the people killed on Flight 93.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean like the donations CSN+Y made after recording "Four Dead in Ohio"?  

Halfcocked
Exactly.[/b]

More reasons to reiterate it "Fuck Neil Young"

[pissed]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly.
View Quote

Sorry Halfcocked, I ought to have put a sarcasm icon in my post.  CSN+Y made no donations that I ever heard of in connection with "Four Dead in Ohio".
View Quote

Ya.  

I know.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Regardless of sarcasm's absence intent and/or use....

Fuck Neil Young!

Just don't have any use for him. Long story other than Southern Man.

[pissed]

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Southern Man and Alabama were both 2 good politically activating songs that had meaning in their time.  Niel Young has made people think about what is right and what is wrong.  I agree with some of his statements.

I believe he will do what is right with the money that is generated from this endeavor.

I like Lynerd Skynard too, but what did they ever do to alleviate racism in the south?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I am young and don't know the History of "Southern Man"
Is he talking bad about the South?
Can someone fill be me in?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Southern Man and Alabama were both 2 good politically activating songs that had meaning in their time.  Niel Young has made people think about what is right and what is wrong.  I agree with some of his statements.

I believe he will do what is right with the money that is generated from this endeavor.

I like Lynerd Skynard too, but what did they ever do to alleviate racism in the south?
View Quote

1.They were songs that were written for drugged out hippies who didnt want to serve their country and were looking for an excuse to hate the establishment.To make money.
2. He made a bunch of greasy freaks believe that they could change the world by sticking their noses into shit they didnt even have a clue about. To make money.
3.You agree with his statements? Don't tell me your problems, buddy.
4.I beleive he will take the money and stick it up his nose.
5.Who cares what Lynyrd Skynyrd did for the south. They were entertainers. Why do people insist on making these entertainment industry people out to be more than they are? It's shit like this that makes the Baldwins think people care if they leave or not. We need to stop with the goddamn "star" worship.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Souther Man and Alabama where 2 songs about the south's reluctance to go after people who still discriminated and persecuted blacks.  They were written in the early 70's.

Lynerd Skynerd wrote the song Mr. Saturday Night Special.

let's take all a these pistols,
and throw them to the bottom of the sea,
before some fool cum 'round here,
and shoot either you or me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where are you from? It seems everyone who ISN'T southern thinks were all rabid Klansmen. I've been up north too and there seems to be more obvious racism up there than down here.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am young and don't know the History of "Southern Man"
Is he talking bad about the South?
Can someone fill be me in?
View Quote

It basically painted the Old South as a hellhole filled with flames and screaming tortured black people being maimed by evil rich white people.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Where are you from? It seems everyone who ISN'T southern thinks were all rabid Klansmen. I've been up north too and there seems to be more obvious racism up there than down here.
View Quote

You may be right.

But racism isn't.

I'm old enough to remember George Wallace on national TV trying to prevent letting black people from exercising their God given rights.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok first of all Niel Young should have been hit by a bus a long time ago. Talk about a no talent son of a bitch.

And I don't know if you are a fucking mental patient or some kind of mentaly retarded social reject, but......

Neil Young the original punk rocker!!!?? Get real, David Crosby beat him to it. But seriously folks, I'll be here all night...

This has to honestly be the dumbest thing I've seen posted here. Neil Young and punk rock are like Richard Simmons and the Tough Man Competition.

Let me guess, you also think Husker Du and David Bowie were punk too?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#27]
David Crosby, ain't he the alcoholic that bought himself a new liver?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#28]
...and the southern cross.

Do they serve liquor at that bar?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Neil Young is okay.  He supported Ronald Reagan back in the 1980s.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top