Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 1:31:35 PM EDT
I remember seeing once a tool you  put .22's in and it makes them shoot a little better.
Has anyone seen this?

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
a good shooter behind the buttplate?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Volquartsens bedding plate or washer, free float barrel and sear are the most significant for a small amount of money and effort for a ruger 10-22.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he's talking about a little device for match use that reams out a hollow point and makes the hole nice and round. I dont know if it would make it shoot "strait" or not.
No, I dont remember where I saw it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Anschutz.......if you need a second choice try Walther or Feinwerkebau

Are you talking about the tool to cut the lead/lube buildup in the throat area or the tuner on the barrel to dampen vibrations?

SRM
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anschutz.......if you need a second choice try Walther or Feinwerkebau

Are you talking about the tool to cut the lead/lube buildup in the throat area or the tuner on the barrel to dampen vibrations?

SRM
View Quote

I think we need to determine if he (or she) is talking about a .22 cartridge, or .22 firearm.
The phrase "you put .22's in" may be a clue.
Ransom rest maybe? Notice the post count.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think we need to determine if he (or she) is talking about a .22 cartridge, or .22 firearm.
The phrase "you put .22's in" may be a clue.
Ransom rest maybe? Notice the post count.
View Quote

Good point.....might also be referring to the various rim sorters.

SRM
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Bughole tuner maybe? Goes into the forearm of stock and can apply different pressure on the barrel. Makes many guns shot much better.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I remember seeing once a tool you  put .22's in and it makes them shoot a little better.
Has anyone seen this?

View Quote

I think it is called a RILFE or PISTOL....not the piece of pipe you are currently using...

okay..so I am a smart a@#, but I thought it was funny!

medcop
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Vice grips work pretty good.

TC6969 **sniff sniff** I'm offended by the small post count remark.  I have post count envy.  **sniff** [>(]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I appreciate the humor guys, but it was a tool that you place the cartridge in, and it makes the bullets more uniform. I think I saw it at a competitive shooting site.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I appreciate the humor guys, but it was a tool that you place the cartridge in, and it makes the bullets more uniform. I think I saw it at a competitive shooting site.
View Quote

Yea, I think I saw it in a dream.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:28:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Unless it is under 2 years the only thing we use is a rim thickness gauge.
I don't think I would mess around with a rim fire other than that.
IMHO

edited to add   I did see a  "roll sizer" awhile ago.  MO was buy good ammo you would not need that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:59:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Dan Nygord has a pellet uniformer for air guns.  Don't think I've seen an equivalent for .22LR ammo.  Best tool for uniform .22 is a checkbook, i.e. buy better ammo.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:49:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I think you are talking about different tools used to sort the .22's.  There is rim thickness gauges and concentricity gauges( makes sure the bullet is strait in the brass).  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:42:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not to get into a Chevy vs. Ford fight, but the Feinwerkbau 2602 series are actually superior to anything that Anschuetz manufactures.

I know it is hard to believe that anyone could de-throne Anschuetz, but I believe that FWB rifles are the most accurate .22's out there.
View Quote

No problem, and you are probably correct.  But I love my old supermatch have spent countless hours behind it.  Personal preference, I guess.

SRM
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, I think I saw it in a dream.
View Quote

Dream on sport!
[url]http://www.eabco.com/holoptr.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#19]
"A good hollow point bullet gives superb accuracy as well as expansion."

I thought match ammo had hollow points because of the way the bullet was made with the base being the important part.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#20]
tc6969,
You are the man, And may the Buc's be praised. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top