Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 11:33:41 AM EDT
Was watching The Bedford County (I think) Sheriff doing a Public Service Announcement on TV the other day.

He was standing there, telling us all that December is Drug and Drunk Driving Month.  That's right!  It's NOT Drug and Drunk Driving AWARENESS month or PREVENTION month.

It's Drug and Drunk Driving Month.  

"But officer!!! It was on TV!!! It's DRUNK DRIVING MONTH and I'm doin' my patriotic duty. What? Blow up a balloon? Sure!! Let's party!!"

We have to have the worst TV in the country.  News shows regularly misspell words in their graphics, use the wrong graphics for the stories or have people walking in front of the newscaster.  Plus, if they ever interview "The Man on the Street" it is invariably some dirty, illiterate yokel who can't string two coherent sentences together.

Reporter: "So, Mrs. Citizen, how are you  going to vote this year?"
Interviewee: "The patriotic rights of Americans is for everyone's enjoyable pleasure. Yes sir."

Am I the only one who's noticed this?  Is it happening anywhere else in the country? Is this now the norm?

[thinking]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]"We have to have the worst TV in the country. News shows regularly misspell words in their graphics, use the wrong graphics for the stories or have people walking in front of the newscaster. Plus, if they ever interview "The Man on the Street" it is invariably some dirty, illiterate yokel who can't string two coherent sentences together."[/b]

It's the same here in New Hampshire.  They always seem to find the toothless, backwoods, trailer trash that acts like he's speaking for the whole state.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Fatman,

Ever watch the Channel 13 news in Lynchburg when they show the graphic of an 1911 with .357 ammo in front of it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top