Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 7:45:51 PM EDT
I'll give the Montgomery County City Council 3 whacko icons out of a possible 4 for trying to fine smokers for smoking in their own homes.

[whacko] [whacko] [whacko]

[url]www.washingtontimes.com/metro/20011128-290138.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I live there, and its not so bad. The smoking ban was overturned I believe. Anyway the smoking "ban" wasn't that bad.It has some legitimate legal precedent in anti nuisance laws.

enemy
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Bull, it would have caused nothing but big problems. It most certainly would have been a tool for neighbors to use against each other when they were having a pissing contest. You agree to crap like that, and soon you will not be able to keep your guns at home if the neighbors object because they are dangerous.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The next thing you know, they would not allow Santa to show up for the X Mas tree ligthing because it disturbed someone. Oh wait, they have already done that there.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top