Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2001 7:01:43 AM EDT
When I joined the Marine Corps in 87 I swore "to defend the constitution of the United States  from foreign and domestic", does this mean that everyone in the U.S. military is failing to keep his or her word by alowing an assault on the second amendment by known parties ? I'd love to hear some feed back from other members and their thoughts on this topic
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
In the strictest sense your oath is to protect the constitution from [i]ANYONE[/i] who would destroy it.  I don't think I would go so far as to say anyone in the military has violated their oath.  Now certain politicians I have no problem saying that about (Feinstein, Schumer, McCain, Moynihan) just to name a few.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The standing military is actually the last in line to defend the constitution. First and foremost are the people themselves formed as militia. BUT, these days the "m" word has been demonized as the enemy of the state, through state sponsored domestic terrorism! Strong words but none the less true. Sedition, conspiracy, seditious conspiracy, and the use of public funds to deny the power of the constitution of the United States of America or the constitutions of the several states is insurrection! See: http://www.coin-army-usa.org for more on this hot topic.

Further, contained in the web cited above is a letter to the Sheriff Of Palm Beach County touching on the issue of honoring his oath he pleged to the people when taking office!

It is a good read, though many in a complacent stuper will think otherwise!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top