Peak Rice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank God
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Rice is finally done.

Thank god...  I can only imagine the number of kids who bought into this culture and are now crying in a cold shower hugging the three-part collectors edition of "The Fast And The Furious" while crying out in agony to their patron saint, Paul Walker

_MaH
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thank God
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Rice is finally done.

Rice is overcooked.

Peak Rice.

I don't mind a tastefully done import, but some of the shit I see would make baby Jesus cry.  Add a big stupid spoiler, an obnoxious fart muffer (heck, why bother with a muffler at all), some windshield wiper fluid dispenser lights, some fake gauges that don't even work...throw in some pimple faced wigger wanna be driving like a supreme douche bag, and it suddenly it's a race car.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]
RIP fart cans.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080717/FREE/463197570/1528/newsletter01

that link is NSFW, but thanks for letting everyone know
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Either It's the economy or the fact the Import fad is passing

I knew this was on the decline years ago when the Import guys couldn't give away free newspapers and had to kill publication for lack of advertisers. Yet the domestic newspaper they attempted to copy(Fastest Street Car and NMRA) rides on All those little import shops are gone as well

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#9]

The swimsuit contests were the best part.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#10]
hooray!! party!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Didn't the ricers go out of style like 4 or 5 years ago?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

its ok, those wont go away, attention whore sluts are always down to get half naked in front of large crowds. fear not my good man
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#13]
BWHAHAHAAHAHA!!  I guess MOM AND DAD are not going shell out money for Lavender scented tires, Titanium rims, hacksawed springs and NOS stickers AND pay for fuel anymore!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080717/FREE/463197570/1528/newsletter01

that link is NSFW, but thanks for letting everyone know

Maybe you should be working.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Where's that "Ha Ha" Nelson pic?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#16]
(Elwood)The Lord works in mysterious ways(Elwood)
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
RIP RIH (Rest In Hell) fart cans.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You are correct sir!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#20]
yeah those assholes thinking that fart cans are cool are hopefully done for good

and a good V8 with tastefully done dual exhaust and 300+ HP is more my taste any way
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Those SWIMSUIT GIRLS ARE F'ING DISGUSTING.

Check out "3 of 18" on the links down the left "click to view slide show"

Her implants look like HELL.

Thank god, NOPI sucks ass, god damn ricers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Uh, yeah.,.. NOPI cancels its shows and NHRA drag events and therefore the import/import tuner market is no more... am I missing something?

Cancelling racing events isn't good for the motorsports industry or racing.

Those of you who thinks this article means that your neighbor's kids won't put fart cans on their Yaris/Civic/Corolla still are sadly mistaken. Those happy to see import motorsports decline, may you be plagued by ten thousand teenagers driving imports sporting triple rear wings and 3" exhausts.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#23]
More foriegn vehicles are being bought.

In a few years many will hit the used market.

Kids will still be doing the stuff that annoys many of the people above.

Thinking people are going to stop modifying their little foriegn vehicles because of the article shows a bit of a disconnect.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Uh, yeah.,.. NOPI cancels its shows and NHRA drag events and therefore the import/import tuner market is no more... am I missing something?

Those of you who thinks this article means that your neighbor's kids won't put fart cans on their Yaris/Civic/Corolla still are sadly mistaken. Those happy to see import motorsports decline, may you be plagued by ten thousand teenagers driving imports sporting triple rear wings and 3" exhausts.

.....someone drives an '87 supra........

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Goodbye!!!! Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out!!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude! Whatchu talkin'?! It's an 89 CRX with titanium fart, can 3-tier rear spoiler,glow-in-the-dark windshield wipers,gauges that are no better than stickers and a car that "looks cool" while sliding around and generally stinking up the place.

ETA: I own the page 2 creamatorium that nopi belongs in.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
RIP fart cans.

No shit.

I've about had it with loud-ass, half painted douchemobiles with every after market spoiler and ground effects kit strapped to it.

I smile every time I see an entire torn off air dam laying by the side of the road because I know some fleabag ricer had a bad day.

It is like after "Biker Boys" came out. Every wife beater wearing dipshit just had to go buy a sport bike.
1/2 of them are sitting at home now looking at an empty pant leg that used to contain an actual leg.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It's the nail in the coffin. The only ones left are going to be the die hards. Like i said all the import performance shops and parts distributors that popped up years ago are quickly disappearing. Many of the import rags are also gone and forgotten or losing advertisers and likewise less sponsorship for the race cars. Look around there are a lot less ricers on the street. This was a fad the smart ones made their money and got out.

The new fad is lifted trucks with big wheels that will never see a mud hole. Like all fads this is destined to pass as well with gas prices as they are. What's next i dunno but one thing is for sure domestics are here to stay.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Dude! Whatchu talkin'?! It's an 89 CRX with titanium fart, can 3-tier rear spoiler,glow-in-the-dark windshield wipers,gauges that are no better than stickers and a car that "looks cool" while sliding around and generally stinking up the place.

My nomination for most ignorant post of the month. I can't think of any way to package any further response to such asinine drivel without violating several provisions of the COC simultaneously.

Quoted:

It's the nail in the coffin. The only ones left are going to be the die hards. Like i said all the import performance shops and parts distributors that popped up years ago are quickly disappearing. Many of the import rags are also gone and forgotten or losing advertisers and likewise less sponsorship for the race cars. Look around there are a lot less ricers on the street. This was a fad the smart ones made their money and got out.

The new fad is lifted trucks with big wheels that will never see a mud hole. Like all fads this is destined to pass as well with gas prices as they are. What's next i dunno but one thing is for sure domestics are here to stay.  

I disagree entirely. Sure, a lot of the market has died back. That always happens when EVERYONE jumps on the bandwagon. The market can't sustain 50 different manufacturers  of fart cans. Obviously, certain players  in the market will fall off but that doesn't mean nobody is going to make this stuff  anymore. There's a market for fucking truck nuts. You don't think there will continue to be a market for fartcans and spoilers and body kits?

FYI for the irrational jingoists, it's not just "imports" either. I have seen many a base model Ford Contour with 3" exhaust and huge ass double spoilers on the back. In fact, "domestics" are far more  likely to be decked out with lots of tacky useless bling than "imports" in my area. I can't go 2 blocks without seeing a Mustang with fake GT or Cobra badging and a spoiler big enough to block the entire rear window with 22" chrome rims.

Big trucks with dual glass packs and knobby swampers aren't a new fad by any means. This is what everyone was driving when I was in high school. What once was old is now new again.

Companies like Jackson Racing and HKS as well as other have been tuning imports for years and I predict they'll be around for years to come. Imports and tuners are here to stay, whether or not the GM fappers like it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rice is finally done.

Thank god...  I can only imagine the number of kids who bought into this culture and are now crying in a cold shower hugging the three-part collectors edition of "The Fast And The Furious" while crying out in agony to their patron saint, Paul Walker

_MaH

They made THREE?? Jesus...freakin sheep.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My nomination for most ignorant post of the month. I can't think of any way to package any further response to such asinine drivel without violating several provisions of the COC simultaneously.

Quoted:

I disagree entirely. Sure, a lot of the market has died back. That always happens when EVERYONE jumps on the bandwagon. The market can't sustain 50 different manufacturers  of fart cans. Obviously, certain players  in the market will fall off but that doesn't mean nobody is going to make this stuff  anymore. There's a market for fucking truck nuts. You don't think there will continue to be a market for fartcans and spoilers and body kits?

FYI for the irrational jingoists, it's not just "imports" either. I have seen many a base model Ford Contour with 3" exhaust and huge ass double spoilers on the back. In fact, "domestics" are far more  likely to be decked out with lots of tacky useless bling than "imports" in my area. I can't go 2 blocks without seeing a Mustang with fake GT or Cobra badging and a spoiler big enough to block the entire rear window with 22" chrome rims.

Big trucks with dual glass packs and knobby swampers aren't a new fad by any means. This is what everyone was driving when I was in high school. What once was old is now new again.

Companies like Jackson Racing and HKS as well as other have been tuning imports for years and I predict they'll be around for years to come. Imports and tuners are here to stay, whether or not the GM fappers like it.

Yeah, I seem to recall more than one guy shoe-horning a 454 into a Gremlin and welding on wheelie bars.  This stuff seems little more absurd.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't know what has had more body work, the cars or the girls in the swimsuit contest.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#33]
NOPI killed NOPI, not the economy.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#34]
As for the truck FAD i was speaking off the trucks with a 5" lift, $800 stainless exhaust with
5" tips and 22" spinners with rubber band tires. The kind that never sees a dirt trail in it's life. I myself owned a K5 with glass packs and MT's when i was younger and still regret selling it

As for the import deal i use the term "Import" as slang. You will still see the fart cans and spoilers but you won't see them at the track dragging water down to the 1/8th mile and bouncing off the 2 step in the parking lots. People realize that shit doesn't do a damn thing performance wise so now it's just going to be the high school fashion show. I thank the WRX and similar cars for this. They came out of nowhere and embarrassed every tard with a Honda and brought some logic back to the scene. The Corolla rotary guys ect have been around for years that would fall into my Die hard category.

ETA: In summary FWD sucks when it comes to racing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yeah, I seem to recall more than one guy shoe-horning a 454 into a Gremlin and welding on wheelie bars.  This stuff seems little more absurd.  

Back in my high school days, a friend put a 454 Toronado engine/driveline in the back (rear seat actually) of a VW beetle. He then had to put 600 pounds of concrete in the front to keep the front wheels on the ground. Fun car (for 2), nonetheless.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Preach It Brother!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I can remember around three or five years ago when the "cool" thing was to have one or two primored fenders on their car. Originally the idiots were wrecking and could only afford the fender, with no paint. Then it became "cool" to have the primored fender.

I used to wonder how many morons went out in their drivway and primored a perfectly fine fender. I'm sure there were thousands.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#38]
it's about fucking time.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#39]
height=8
Quoted:
RIP fart cars.

Fixed it fer ya...
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Preach It Brother!

Look at picture #18... Guy in orange hat in lower left corner...

"You're doing it wrong."
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I need my full 3" turbo back exhaust for the 350hp Im running, and No its not a fart can, its a grapefruit  shooter (4" tip) But at least mine doesnt sound like a retarded lawnmower, it has a nice low rumble.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I need my full 3" turbo back exhaust for the 350hp Im running, and No its not a fart can, its a grapefruit  shooter (4" tip) But at least mine doesnt sound like a retarded lawnmower, it has a nice low rumble.

Hahha, you have a turbo and only make 350 Bhp, that is facking sad dude.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I think he's doing that on 3 liters and some change. Lots of boost.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#44]
NO PI ?  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Rice-A-Roni... The San Fransisco Treat...

GHEY CRAP....

P.S. It's not limited to Jap cars... Idiots will rice-out anything... Including such extreme cases of 'car abuse' as ricing out Trans Ams, Mustangs, and even a Vette or two...

www.laughatrice.com/
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rice is finally done.

_MaH

They made THREE?? Jesus...freakin sheep.

I believe they're making a fourth one.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he's doing that on 3 liters and some change. Lots of boost.

Even more sad then.

I have seen hondas locally trap 148 mph in the quarter.  I would have to unplug spark plug wires for my car to be even close to that low of power lol.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#48]
My 1994 Honda Civic DX currently sports a primer black plastic front "bumper" (it is really a piece of plastic that cover the actual bumper). Deer #3 was the cause for the new bumper cover, I hope Bambi crawled away and died.

Over the years I have really wanted to mod the engine and tweak the horsepower, but time, money, and talent has never been in my favor. Now with gas going for $4.09 locally I am glad I left it alone.

I like imports, my Honda save various accidents and acts of vandalism has 243 thousand and some odd miles of reliable driving under the wheels. Sure the AC died 6 years ago, the drivers seat is tearing up, there are some rust spots from the last 5 years of WV road salt. It ain't new, it ain't sexy, but all these years later I am glad I haven't sold it.

As for NOPI, living or dead the guys who want to race will still race, they might domestics, imports, bicycles, tricycles, it doesn't matter. Then there will be posers who want to look like they race so the crappy body kits and ear pollution causing mufflers will never really die.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Why do people put wings on front wheel drive cars?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The economy is causing a slowdown on parts buying.. however with the high price of oil, small import cars (although most of the Jap cars are now built here) is the future..

GM might not even be in business soon, so the future of tuning the big 3 cars is pretty poor.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top