Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:20:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds great!

David
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#4]
They got all the NFA paperwork to do this?
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Should just be straight FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The press got this wrong.  (Big surprise, right?  )  The church is giving away a semi-auto AR-15, therefore not an assault rifle requiring NFA papers.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:29:48 AM EDT
[#8]
You know, maybe it's because I have a really weird sense of humor...but imagine if a Muslim temple in Michigan was going to do the same thing with an AK-47.

What would our reaction be?

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You know, maybe it's because I have a really weird sense of humor...but imagine if a Muslim temple in Michigan was going to do the same thing with an AK-47.

They hate America and it is not the same
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Different.

Just as different as the difference between babtists and muslims.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
praise the lord and pass the ammo.

that is exactly what came to my mind
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow, you couldn't get more stupid pot shots in one article if you tried.   Go back to cowering wondering what can be done about "Yobs" beating you up, or destroying your homes if the idea of someone including shooting in church events causes you to wet your pants.  

"Heavens Reginold, they are shooting...... GUNS!  Shall I shit myself now and run, or shall I run and shit myself later?"

Yobs threw rocks at his house for years. But the father who fought back is arrested

By Luke Salkeld
Last updated at 7:20 AM on 09th July 2008

* commentsComments (13)
   * Add to My Stories Add to My Stories

For more than two years, Sydney Davis's house has been under siege from youths throwing stones.

After two hours of bombardment in the latest attack and no sign of the police, the 65-year-old retired builder decided enough was enough.

As a particularly large missile landed in his kitchen, he grabbed a plank of wood from the garden and ran towards the gang to scare them away.
Pensioner

Taking a stand: Sydney Davis and son Jimmy, five with a rock thrown by thugs. He got the wood to scare them

The police arrived just in time - to arrest Mr Davis for possession of an offensive weapon.

He now faces up to six months in prison. Yesterday Mr Davis said he was bewildered by the decision to prosecute him.

He claims objects have been thrown at his house on 700 separate occasions.
His windows have been smashed five times in eight months.

'Something needs to be done to stop these kids. They are out there every night,' he said.

'One of my neighbours even had a seven-month-old in their kitchen when a brick came through the window.

'It showered glass across the baby's face. When these kids see the police they are off through the alleyways. The police have got no chance of catching them.'

Mr Davis's 42-year- old wife Pauline dialled 999 when their home came under attack yet again last week, but two and a half hours later officers had failed to arrive.

The couple's two sons, five and seven, were cowering behind the sofa when their father ran at the gang.

He recalled: 'My wife called the police at 6 o'clock. But [the youths] just kept on throwing stones.

'I have two kids and if one of those stones hit them it could have caused some really nasty damage.

'I left the back door open to stop them smashing it.'

When officers arrived outside his home in Swindon, Wiltshire, Mr Davis was handcuffed and led away to the cells, where he was later charged.

The youths ran off. 'What in the world is this country coming to that the police arrest people like me for protecting their own property?' he said yesterday.

'The police say they want to reduce crime, yet they let evil little toe-rags like this off. Then they prosecute hard-working, upstanding residents like me.

The law is, quite simply, a colossal ass.'

Wiltshire police claim to have increased their patrols after two houses in the region were attacked by arsonists.

Officers' shift patterns were also changed so they would be in the neighbourhood after dark, while the local council is considering blocking-off some of the alleyways.

Yesterday a spokesman confirmed that no youths were arrested in relation to the incident.

Local councillor Justin Tomlinson said homeowners in the area were 'living in fear' of unruly youths.

'We have sympathy with frustrated local residents - the Government continues to ignore a broken society, and therefore it is little wonder that frustrations boil over.'
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#13]
"...Let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one"

Luke 22:36
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks!
I didn't know about that one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They hate America and it is not the same

Yep,I think he knows the answer to this one.

Baptist have been in this country before it was a country, can't remember them flying airplanes into buildings.

God bless the Southern Baptist!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

AMEN!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#18]
PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION !
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#19]
God's youth carry a Bible and an AR15!

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Let them.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Where is this church at??? I know Oklahoma but I would like to attend.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#22]
From the source:

*AR-15? Pah. Authentic Children of Christ know that the AK-47 is the infidel-busting weapon of choice.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thanks for the idea
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should just be straight FFL transfer.

Not for an assault rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top