Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2001 8:57:38 PM EDT
Big Thanks to everyone from AR15.com and AssaultWeb that made the Mid-Missouri Shoot a big success!

Nice turnout...crapy weather and all!

I had a real good time and enjoyed putting a face with some names.  Can’t wait to do it again….but maybe when it is a little warmer and not raining.

Thanks again!

Medcop

Oh, I will have some pics ready in a couple of days to post.  I did not have a dig camera so I will have to go to the shop and have them developed and then scanned.  Hehehe…that stereo and tanks did not stand a chance.  The pics will tell it all!

I believe that "Branson" over on AssaultWeb will have some pics also in a couple of days.

If you were at the shoot and would like me to snail mail you a copy of the pics I took (about 72 of them) send me your address and I will get you a copy.  I can email a few, but I have a very slow connection.

Take care and be safe!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't believe the turn-out, especially with the weather! I for one made sure to oil my guns up good after getting rained on. Also, a big thanks to those who travelled to get here, glad you made it!

I can't tell you how much fun I had today. Despite the hurricane type winds.

And man the guns! Tons of AR's, AK's, FAL's, HK's, and even some full auto stuff (thanks to the KC guys). Sure it was cold, but everyone sure had a blast!

Nice to meet everyone in person, and can't wait to do it agian.

BTW, that radio got what it deserved. Shouldn't have tried sneaking up on us like that.

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Great shoot despite the weather! Lots of great toys and lots of good people. A special thanks to Branson from Assaultweb for organizing, and for Medcop for rallying us AR15.comers.

I can't wait for the pics, but until then, here are some of the lessons I picked up on:

Shooting trap with a 18.5" bbl Benelli loaded with 00 Buck is a fun, but totally fruitless technique.

Empty propane tanks will NOT explode when you shoot at them (to my dismay).

Can you really bump fire a MAC10/11 ?!?!?

I must buy a 16" bbl FAL and a compact ACOG

and finally, Ass web folk aren't all that bad.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you going to try another shoot around Christmas?  
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a preview pic courtesy of Branson from Assaultweb until medcop posts his:

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/MolonLabe/ARboyz.jpg[/img]

forgive me for not remembering everyone's screen name, but standing up, second from the left of the pic is MP906, AeroE on the end with the bull bbl and kneeling down is your's truly in the yellow with my M4 and Medcop next to me with his.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes it was most definitely a BLAST! Just ask any of the three propane tanks, or the ghetto blaster that was lain to waste! hehe

A big thanks goes out to MedCop for helping in setting this up. And for hookin' me up with the ammo, and for lettin me shoot his 'shorty' with all the bells and whistles.

And to Seamusmcoi, for lettin me rip off numerous rounds thru the FAL (I NEED one now!) and for showing me why [b] EVERYONE [/b] should own a ACOG! (I DEFINITELY needs one of them!)
I had a friggin Hoot even despite the weather. We'll definitely have to do it again when it warms up.

Thanks again to everyone that made my 574.6 mile round trip a weekend not soon equaled, much less forgotten.[:D]

PS. Thats my fugly (bald-headed) mug on the bottom right.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the invite! [:O] Guess I should pay more attention.

Where was the shoot?  antiUSSA & I are right across the river from MO.  Let us know next time ya get something going. Who knows what we might show up with.

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where was the shoot?
View Quote

Columbia MO
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#9]
With a little more advance notice I will be there.  

That and ArmaLite needs to send me my damn rifle back.  I called today and the tech guy is on vacation. argh!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#10]
well gfd i guess i need to come around more often. someone please let me know next time. i dont have to much interest in matches, moreso the friendly banter and ill show you mine of the informal shoots. damn it maybe ill see ya next time.

hey how come 99% of the people in the pic have no hair? weirdos[;D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm less than 2 hrs away from Columia so let me know next time.

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn,Damn,Damn, SHIT!!!!!! I knew I shoulda said "screw it" & came down! The weather spooked me
& my wife was none to happy about me "checking out a shoot in Columbia". Looks like you fellows
had a capital time. I want pics, g'ddammit!!
Still sitting here with 250 rounds, & wanted to
learn how to bump my AR .Shit. You had FA there too? DOUBLE SHIT. Dammit, If you do it again, let me know. Maybe anti will bring some of his
evilblackdeathmachines too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I found this over at assaultweb.  Somebody posted some pics there.

[url]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/MolonLabe/MOshoot.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the time fellas!
seamusmcoi; haven't cleaned the FAL yet, don't need to!  Heh, heh, heh. haven't cleaned the Legend yet, don't need to! Heh, heh, heh. LOL ;)
Did clean the SP1 tho.

HKocher; A 16" FAL assures an opening on the firing line!!! Damn thing is about loud ain't it? The 18"'s are quite so bad. I'll try to bring the Izzy HBar next time.
Glad you think us "ass web" guys aren't so bad after all!!! ;)
Lets do it again!! But warmer/dryer weather please!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got my pics back....I had them put onto CD as well as prints made.  I had them done in both high and low res.  Well, the high res. it way to big to post on the net and the low res. is way to crappy.

So, if anyone at the shoot wants a copy of the CD just hit me with an email and I will burn you a copy and send it to ya'

I plan on just scanning the prints (have to go to a friends..don't have a scanner of my own) and posting some that way

If anyone knows anything about changing the size of the pic or making the file smaller let me know...thanks

medcop
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#17]
What no women
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What no women
View Quote

My wife was at the shoot...however, she did not shoot.  She feels sorta' uncomfortable shooting in front of alot of people...she is sorta' shy that way.

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top