Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2001 7:17:43 PM EDT
You know, I am quite interested in what the "reading behavior" of most people are on this Forum.  I am always flabbergasted by topics that end of being multiple pages in the 5-8 page total.

With the exception of posts like "Babe of the Day" (for obvious reasons), how many of you read all the replies through all of the pages on most topics?

Many times when I try to read through them, I see THE SAME ANSWER/FACT/STORY/REVELATION being espoused 10 times...which is obvious the poster of such DID NOT READ what others posted.  Rather, they simply post their reply thinking no one else has answered as such.  Or even worse...they post something that has nothing to do with the original topic/question in the first place!

Personally, if a thread is more than 2 pages, I usually scan the first few replies and last few replies.

Just curious as to the behavior of my fellow AR-15 brethren.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
You know, reading a thread like this brings something else to mind. When i see these threads with 7 pages, I just groan, because I know that the people who post, are just going to repeat exactly what the last guy said. I can't imagine being that stupid that you wouldn't read the previous posts, but there you are, it happens over and over. They just repeat what the previous guys said, because they just launch into a thread without prereading, and it looks asinine when they do it.

Anyhow, has anyone else ever noticed this? Do you read, then post, or just jump into the fray like a moron?

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, reading a thread like this brings something else to mind. When i see these threads with 7 pages, I just groan, because I know that the people who post, are just going to repeat exactly what the last guy said. I can't imagine being that stupid that you wouldn't read the previous posts, but there you are, it happens over and over. They just repeat what the previous guys said.

Anyhow, has anyone else ever noticed this?

-CK
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Usually after the first couple of pages, the subject matter has either changed or the discussion has degraded into name-calling.

I'll scan the last two or three pages to see if it's worth reading.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
So me and the wife were out looking for a new house.  I can't believe some of the morons who think they can get $250,000 for their little dump on a tiny lot.  I need some room for the dogs to run and at least 1500 square feet for the house itself.  I do prefer a full unfinished basement, because then I can turn it into anything my heart desires (and it's not counted in the total square feet in the pricing).

Good thread, I can talk about this stuff all day.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless it's really hot or intersting my attention is lost after 2 pages on average.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
And another thing that pisses me off isw hen people obviously have not paid any attention to what previous posters have said, and decide to ramble on about something that was covered half a page back. Either that, or they go off on some crazy tangent of their own, oblivious to the fact that nobody wants to hear about their dog on a thread about %80 lowers.

Does anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

HKSentinel
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You know, reading a thread like this brings something else to mind. When i see these threads with 7 pages, I just groan, because I know that the people who post, are just going to repeat exactly what the last guy said. I can't imagine being that stupid that you wouldn't read the previous posts, but there you are, it happens over and over. They just repeat what the previous guys said, because they just launch into a thread without prereading, and it looks asinine when they do it.

Anyhow, has anyone else ever noticed this? Do you read, then post, or just jump into the fray like a moron?

Juggernaut
View Quote

You know, a lot of guys just say the same damn thing guys before them have said!

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't read any of your posts, so I'll just post whatever my opinion is. When I decided to respond to this thread, I thought to myself...

You know, I hate it when people don't read the past posts and end up saying something the guy before him said. I hate idiots like that.

Seriously, it depends on how interesting the topic is. The more interesting, the more posts I read. I do hate it though when the same shit is said over and over and over...
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I allways read all of them. But sometimes I still post as I go before I get to the end.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys crack me up!  The humor level on this board is way above average.  

Anyway, to answer the question....I always read the whole thread before I post anything for fear of looking stupid by saying the same thing someone else has said.  Obviously, not everyone thinks the same way.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#13]
LMFAO..you guys are great!
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#14]
depends sometimes i skim thru it if it seems to be turing into a pissing contest
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Read 'em all, no matter how hard I want to hit that "reply" button.  Inevitablly, somebody will have jumped in with what I wanted to say.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You guys crack me up!  The humor level on this board is way above average.  

Anyway, to answer the question....I always read the whole thread before I post anything for fear of looking stupid by saying the same thing someone else has said.  Obviously, not everyone thinks the same way.  
View Quote

I think you are in the minority...but glad to hear it.

As for the rest of you smart-alecs, I figured you would end up posting the same thing over and over on this thread...you didn't disappoint.  Or should I say, DID disappoint?  I don't know.

OK, a little test to those who have read this far.  This thread is no longer about my original topic.  It's a little test to see if anyone has read all the replies.  If they haven't, they'll still be posting about my original topic.  The topic is now about the funniest thing you've ever seen a dog do...without mentioning the word "dog" or it's name (just say He or She).  Here's my example of all future posts on this thread:

Funniest I ever saw was when she would eat all the cat poop out of the litter box and come out with sand all over her face.  Then she'd walk into the back yard and throw up.  You'd think she learn the first time, but NO, had to do it anytime we left the laundry room door open.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top