Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:37:52 PM EDT
Help turn in unscrupulous firearms dealers and or other law breakers. With or without compensation. Would you?

Poll inbound

You know the type. Non 922 compliant shit on the table etc. Just trying to make a buck off another mans freedom.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What would stop the officer or ATF agent from walking in and seeing the problem in the first place?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would I?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
NO!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
One thing I learned is that you don't help law enforcement if possible. In my experience they tend to abuse that privilege and sometimes forget whom is helping them.

RR
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What would stop the officer or ATF agent from walking in and seeing the problem in the first place?
They cant be everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Since I disagree that such things should be criminal, I would not choose to help.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope, not gonna let the man in my life like that
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#8]

no
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#9]
No.

Let the man do his own work infringing on people's rights.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
STOP SNITCHIN'
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
If I personally think someone is doing something wrong I will turn them in. No problum.

With that said, if I knew my next door neighbor was illegally converting rifles into machine guns I would not turn him in. In my eyes there is no such thing as a gun law.

As to your question, absolutely not.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys do realize that these guys that sell this shit are the reasons we as gun owners have such a bad wrap dont you.

ETA I am also refering to these so called back door dealers. That for a price you can ... well you catch the drift
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I only snitch on terrorists.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Since I disagree that such things should be criminal, I would not choose to help.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#16]

MYOFB

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
STOP SNITCHIN'

+1. Talking to the police is never, ever a good idea, for any reason. That law professor video on the subject is pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You guys do realize that these guys that sell this shit are the reasons we as gun owners have such a bad wrap dont you.

Really? Is that the reason? Are you trying to be funny?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

When I first joined this site I to thought like you, 20 pages later I was shown the light and came out a new man. Freedom hating liberals are to blame, not us gun owners.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

No, the people who want to ban ALL guns are the reasons we have a bad wrap. And they've gotten to you to.

Unless someone is hurting someone else with a gun, there's no such thing as gun laws in my book.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't invite "the man" into your life. I don't trust them any farther than I could throw them. Looking at the cops here in town....I'd throw my back out just tryin to throw one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If it wasn't "bad dealers" it would be some other reason to demonize us.

Don't invite the man into your life if you can avoid it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Every gun law in the US is a direct violation of the Bill of Rights.

Anyone that enforces or supports ANY of them is an unAmerican piece of shit and can fuck off and/or die, preferably on fire.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Help turn in unscrupulous firearms dealers and or other law breakers. With or without compensation. Would you?

Poll inbound

You know the type. Non 922 compliant shit on the table etc. Just trying to make a buck off another mans freedom.

Unscrupulous in what way ?

selling to felons and gang bangers.

You damn right I would help.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]
If it was the FBI, CBP, or a real law enforcement group, and I agreed with the law they were enforcing, than yes.

If it was the ATF, than hell no. If they wanted my help they could get a real cop to come talk to me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#26]
If I knew that a dealer was allowing straw purchases for gang bangers.....probably.   For laws which shouldn't be there in the first place, hell no.....
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I ain't no rat, and it's not my business what other people do as long as they're not hurting anyone.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#28]
No.  I disagree with all gun laws.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If I knew that a dealer was allowing straw purchases for gang bangers.....probably.   For laws which shouldn't be there in the first place, hell no.....

Last time I checked the 2nd amendment didn't say anything about the NICS. Why would you help enforce an unconstitutional law?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I only snitch on terrorists.

+1   It would have to be a damned good reason.  Muslims or Communists pretty much.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#31]
MYOB don't want some A hole coming after you cause you called popo on him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Help me to understand how you can be for selling to terrorists, the violently insane, gang bangers, etc...  You make a blanket statement like that and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  

To the OP's question - I'd be hard pressed to assist LE with many gun law violations.

FB
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I ain't no rat, and it's not my business what other people do as long as they're not hurting anyone.
OK Simple senerio. You buy a Yugo SKS in a side folding stock with a hicap mag. You then go to the range or local shop to shoot it or have it tweaked. There is one of the local ATF people there. They notice the weapon. Proceed to charge you with violation of 922 and seize you hard earned money.

That to me is hurting someone. A poor uneducated soul would not know whats happening and why. Now he is the .govt's bitch. You catch my drift.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Help me to understand how you can be for selling to terrorists, the violently insane, gang bangers, etc...  You make a blanket statement like that and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  

To the OP's question - I'd be hard pressed to assist LE with many gun law violations.

FB

Once you start saying it's ok to exclude from certain groups of people because of what they "might" do with a gun, it's just a matter of time until you exclude everyone, because you might do the same thing as that terrorist. Why the heck do you need a .50 caliber rifle other than for shooting down airplanes?

The way I see it, I'd rather have a free for all where I can buy whatever guns I want to take care of myself and mine, rather than have my hands tied by government gun laws which the terrorists, insane, and gang bangers aren't going to obey anyway.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK Simple senerio. You buy a Yugo SKS in a side folding stock with a hicap mag. You then go to the range or local shop to shoot it or have it tweaked. There is one of the local ATF people there. They notice the weapon. Proceed to charge you with violation of 922 and seize you hard earned money.

That to me is hurting someone. A poor uneducated soul would not know whats happening and why. Now he is the .govt's bitch. You catch my drift.

No, I catch your ignorance of what's just happened.

A man is punished because of an asinine law. Period. End of story.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Has anyone ever been charged over 922r parts? The only ATF agents I've ever spoken to said it was unenforcable because no one could understand it's intent. And according to various arfcom reports, lots of ATF agents think 922r has gone by the wayside since the AWB expired.

So basically I would eat my 922r violating firearm if I happened to run into an ATF agent at the range who was able to identify it as an illegal weapon by just looking at it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Has anyone ever been charged over 922r parts? The only ATF agents I've ever spoken to said it was unenforcable because no one could understand it's intent. And according to various arfcom reports, lots of ATF agents think 922r has gone by the wayside since the AWB expired.

So basically I would eat my 922r violating firearm if I happened to run into an ATF agent at the range who was able to identify it as an illegal weapon by just looking at it.

just remember a AR15 that misfires is a Machine Gun.......
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Poll inbound

No I am not on a cop nor am I a rat.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

When it also has M-16 parts, don't forget that bit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#40]
When dealing with The Man™, sometimes it is best to make like this guy...

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not calling anything that isn't belt fed a machine gun.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When it also has M-16 parts, don't forget that bit.

Didnt it come from Olympic arms with M16 parts and was subject to recall?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Not a Chance.  Just remember, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.  Helping them is just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FB

Once you start saying it's ok to exclude from certain groups of people because of what they "might" do with a gun, it's just a matter of time until you exclude everyone, because you might do the same thing as that terrorist. Why the heck do you need a .50 caliber rifle other than for shooting down airplanes?

The way I see it, I'd rather have a free for all where I can buy whatever guns I want to take care of myself and mine, rather than have my hands tied by government gun laws which the terrorists, insane, and gang bangers aren't going to obey anyway.

I understand the point you're making, and I think 70 years of gun laws proves your point.  I just think there has to be some restriction somewhere.  Taken to a ridiculous extreme, Charles Manson, UBL or a 15 y/o gang banger walks into your gun store, are you selling him a handgun?

FB
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Absofuckinglutely not.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#46]
For one, I'm not a fucking narc.  If it's not affecting me, I don't give a shit.  

OTOH, Randy Weaver of Ruby Ridge fame will be glad to tell you what happens when you don't play along and be a snitch for the gubment.  They originally wanted him to turn informant and he told them to pound sand and after it was all said and done, he was shot, so was his friend, and his wife, son, and dog were all dead.  I wouldn't cold snitch on anybody, but if they came to me, I'd have a hard time telling them to fuck off considering what happens to individuals who don't play ball.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#47]
I probably wouldn't, because I really don't agree with most firearm laws in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#48]

SCREWUM!  I don't beleive in anything that goes against the 2A.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Over 922r?  Fuck no...  Hell, I'll go so far as to say "no, period".
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FB

I understand the point you're making, and I think 70 years of gun laws proves your point.  I just think there has to be some restriction somewhere.  Taken to a ridiculous extreme, Charles Manson, UBL or a 15 y/o gang banger walks into your gun store, are you selling him a handgun?

FB

It's (in theory) a free country. Sellers have the right not to sell their product to whomever they chose, and buyers have the right to buy what they want from whomever they want.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top