Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2001 7:20:14 PM EDT
Fish Tacos. I could go for some Rubios fish tacos right now.

[img]http://www.rubios.com/gifs/fishtaco.jpg[/img]

I first had fish tacos in Ensenada during a spring break trip many moons ago. Fried battered fish. Cabbage. Sour cream. Lil bit of salsa. Squeeze of lime. Bottle of Tecate and I was hooked. Sure could go for some Rubios right about now. Tried to go to there website to see if they delivered in TX. [url]www.rubios.com/[/url] No such luck. [;D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yuck man.

I could go for a trip to S.D. to the Chicken Pie shop though.  

Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you can use spam as a substitute.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Off topic LT, you were talking about food and then mention fish tacos which are definitly not food! Blech!
[smoke]
Smoked Turkey, now that is food.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Or maybe one of these:

[img]http://www.in-n-out.com/assets/dbldbl.jpg[/img][img]http://www.in-n-out.com/assets/frncfris.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.in-n-out.com/assets/3shakes.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Spam, spam bacon eggs and spam.

You want that double double with or without clogged arteries?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
SPAM tacos...hmmmmm....interesting. Must experiment.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Fish tacos...hmmmm...double entendre, Si??

I take it this is a part of the lesbian thread??
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#8]
If ya ever get up to st.paul/mpls  go to a place called Khans Mongolian BBQ best.food.ever

Or if you like Mexican food- go to a place near the capital called El Bravo-mmmmmmmmm enchilas.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The first time I ever heard of fish tacos it was from a woman I worked with who everybody assumed was a lesbian.  Unfortuneately she hadn't come out and was one of those people who always seem to take offense at everything so it was a really delicate issue.  

So there's a big group of us sitting in a meeting that was running late breaking for lunch and she suddenly says, "I sure would like to be eating a fish taco right now."  I've never seen such a large group of people who were so afraid to bust out laughing in my entire life.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: Yuck man.

I could go for a trip to S.D. to the Chicken Pie shop though.  

Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie.
View Quote

Damn you ... I was just finally not missing San Diego for the food.

I don't miss it for anything else, but the food... Teo Leo's - mmmm
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#12]
How about some dark meat?

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/darkmeat.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#13]
No Rubios in TX? No fish tacos? Heathens! [;)]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Fish tacos are good.  I like them with grilled fish, salsa, and a little bit of guacamole, on a fresh-made tortilla.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]
LT
Sounds like you need a double double with grilled onions next time I send something overnite to our lab in plano I might just have to wrap one up for you.Oh and Rubios fish tacos are one of the best around there is another place also it is called WAHOOS they have the best fish tacos anywhere
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Rubio's within walking distance of my house. I eat there at least 4 times per week. Gotta love the shrimp quesadilla.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Mmmmmm.....egg rolls. I could go for a box of those and a six pack of Killians Red, right now
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#18]
i could go for some twinkies
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#19]
RBAD, the pic is GROSS!!!!!

feb, Wahoos is definitely another way to go. However I did not eat there much. When I lived in Lake Forest, CA the closest to me was a Rubios. So I frequented that place.

Mongolian BBQ is awesome. There is one here in Dallas called Genghis Grill on Greenville. YUMMY...
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Pizza!  It's been three hard, long months without pizza.  I quit, because I've been stuck on nine (or less) pull-ups for the past twenty years, and I want to make ten.  That's ten the hard way.  That's slow, with perfect form, and with a full range of motion.  The only way I'll make ten is if I lose some weight, because I'm not getting any younger.z
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Ate to much at lunch today, buffet lunch. All you can lumpia, pansit, dinuguan, lechon, adobo and leche flan. It was good. My kids ate all the chicken pot pie from SD chicken pie shop. Their apple pie is good.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ate to much at lunch today, buffet lunch. All you can lumpia, pansit, dinuguan, lechon, adobo and leche flan.
View Quote

DROOL!!!!! Lucky bastard.

I am going home this weekend and I will be having the following:
Dinuguan, pansit, lumpia, Rubios fish taco, El Pollo Loco, and In and Out double double. Plus the traditional Turkey for thanksgiving. Except my brother might have ham again cause he's to lazy to cook. [:(]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#23]
The combination plate was $3.69, buffet was $5.00. We went for the buffet more selection plus desert and drinks. They even had grilled salmon steaks yum yum.[beer]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If ya ever get up to st.paul/mpls  go to a place called Khans Mongolian BBQ best.food.ever
View Quote

Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#26]
LT did you ever hit Taco Surf in downtown HB? Killer fish tacos. Either "Baja Style" (deep fried fish) or "Ensenada Style" (broiled).

Damn. . .  It's too late tonight, but tomorrow Watch Out!!!   :-)
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:35:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Khans Mongolina BBQ:  Grab a medium size bowl at the beginning, fill with shaved meats-beef-chix-turkey, add vegtables of choice, add noodles rice and regular, go to sauces..mmmmmmm  add 1 scoop of cooking wine, 2 scoops of mild, medium and hot sauces, scoop on as much minced garlic as you wish, add curry sauce and peanut oil for cooking and go to giant wok where the cooks will fry it up for you.

must...have.....khans.....going...now......
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#28]
There's a place in the Reading Terminal Market in downtown Philadelphia called DaNick's. They make a roast pork sandwich that will bring you to your knees in thanks.

It's a big old roast pork loin, steeping in the juices, that they fork out onto an Amoroso roll. Then some of the fried green Italian long hat peppers, topped off with aged parmesan cheese.

The roll gets a little mushy from the juice seeping out of the moist, firm pork, so you can't take it to go. Grab a bunch of napkins and an ice cold beer and grub out right at the counter. I leave there with a little buzz on, and it's not from the beer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:48:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I could always go for sushi.

DonR claims to have some awesome Bar-B-Q in his neck of the woods, I need to investigate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:51:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Also, right there at the Reading Terminal Market, is Termini's Italian Bakery. Aside from biscotti and cakes, they make the most incredible cannoli.

For those who have never had one, imagine a crisp, thin, slightly sweet pastry shell open at both ends and filled with whipped, creamy sweetened ricotta cheese...almost like cheesecake but not as firm. Then they shave chocolate on the ends where the filling sticks out, and sprinkle a little confectioner's sugar over the pastry shell.

A cup of black coffee and a Termini's cannoli and all is right with the world, my friend.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#31]
LT, If they have a Berryhills Tamale Co. up in Dallas check them out for the fish tacos. Several in Houston, ummmmmmm good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top