User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 5/15/2008 11:07:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess my next suppressor WON'T be an AAC. Not because of what IAN said, but because of AAC's reaction.

Hah  thats the EXACT same response I had.

Thanks for the update.

Looks like my first, second and all subsequent Suppressor purchases will be SWR.  I was on the fence between SWR and AAC for a few months, hence my not taking "the plunge" yet, and this just fucking did it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]
FN dumped AAC
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
After seeing this, i, along with countless others will DEFINITELY not be buying from AAC.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]
wow, I guess they'll end up getting their's in the end.  Having to pay the lawyers fees and all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh and I heard the owner of AAC is moving to California to get married to his male cousin.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh and I heard the owner of AAC is moving to California to get married to his male cousin.

LMFAO, you have balls sir!
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess my next suppressor WON'T be an AAC. Not because of what IAN said, but because of AAC's reaction.

Hah  thats the EXACT same response I had.

Thanks for the update.

Looks like my first, second and all subsequent Suppressor purchases will be SWR.  I was on the fence between SWR and AAC for a few months, hence my not taking "the plunge" yet, and this just fucking did it.

Likewise, bad move on the part of AAC.  I hope they see this.  I won't ever buy an AAC can again.

-Ben
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#8]
There cans suck anyways, I will take a Gemtech anytime. Fuck I think the surefire can is even better then theres.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Please tell me this is a joke.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#10]
WTH
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I remember reading that thread.  This will be interesting.

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Surefire (and/or SWR depending on the caliber) FTW!!!

ETA:  So Larue, are you next on the chopping block for pandering this... this..  SLANDER!?!?
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
FN dumped AAC

Really?  Source?  Who'd they go with instead?
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FN dumped AAC

Really?  Source?  Who'd they go with instead?

I dunno, I heard it from the "inside"
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Consider me an unknowledgeable 3rd party about what's going on, since I am.

If ian can't produce some evidence of what he's saying, he's up shit creek no?
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#16]
AAC lost my business.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#17]
They need to fix the May 3rd entry from 2003 to 2008.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#18]
They have just made my silencer-buying decisions a lot easier.

No AAC cans for me. Ever.

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#20]
AAC web page so I can write them a letter of my discontent ?
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks. AAC will never see a dime of my money.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
There cans suck anyways, I will take a Gemtech anytime. Fuck I think the surefire can is even better then theres.

If you're talking about .223 cans, I don't think you've heard them side by side.  If you're talking about some other calibers -- yeah, I'm with ya.

Personally I think SWR, AWC, and Knights make some of the best cans there is.  I'm not a big fan of gemtech.  Most of their cans are loud.  But AAC makes a hell of a .223 can.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
ian is a troll that bashes AAC every chance he gets.

If he was doing so to GemTech or Larue, his ass would be gone already.

Lots of people bash LaRue but little changes because the masses know LaRue makes a solid product, they don't have to go and file a lawsuit to prove it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Personally I would ask Ian these questions.

Did you use a Wifi connection?  Do you live alone or in an apartment complex or in close proximity to others?  Do you use the Wifi connection in close proximity to others?  

If the answer is yes to the Wifi, I would tell anyone to go pound sand.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If ian can't produce some evidence of what he's saying, why would anyone listen to him in the first place, and on what grounds could AAC sue him? AAC is going to waste a bunch of money just to prove how big their legal dick is, and all they're going to do is alienate a whole lot of people who're gonna spend their money someplace else.

~BakerMike
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ian is a troll that bashes AAC every chance he gets.

If he was doing so to GemTech or Larue, his ass would be gone already.

Lots of people bash LaRue but little changes because the masses know LaRue makes a solid product, they don't have to go and file a lawsuit to prove it.

I heard their 'Dillo tool sucks
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Never heard of AAC before but if they are suing a forum member I will be sure to put them on my no purchase list.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#28]
AAC is a bunch of whining pussies.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Never heard of AAC before but if they are suing a forum member I will be sure to put them on my no purchase list.

Really?  That's all it takes?  What if he torched AAC's building?  Suing a forum member means they're automatically in the wrong I guess.

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're talking about .223 cans, I don't think you've heard them side by side.  If you're talking about some other calibers -- yeah, I'm with ya.

Personally I think SWR, AWC, and Knights make some of the best cans there is.  I'm not a big fan of gemtech.  Most of their cans are loud.  But AAC makes a hell of a .223 can.

I dont know, I really was a fan of the G5 that I heard. But what blew me away was the 9mm cans that I heard I believe it was a raptor II. Awesome can.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, it looks like Gemtech and OPS Inc will be getting some of my money.

It seems as if AAC is run by a bunch of fucking ninnies.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If ian can't produce some evidence of what he's saying, why would anyone listen to him in the first place, and on what grounds could AAC sue him? AAC is going to waste a bunch of money just to prove how big their legal dick is, and all they're going to do is alienate a whole lot of people who're gonna spend their money someplace else.

~BakerMike
Doesn't matter.

I'm going by only what the PDF says. I don't follow suppressor stuff.

Saying so and so's product sucks is one thing. Saying they are losing defense contracts or being phased out in favor of company y is another. On forums where industry people are active, I could see it being libel.

If he can't produce a source, he's f'd in the a.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Is the guy breaching a contract by releasing information?

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I have contemplated gettng a can for a while. I ruled out Gemtech as they refuse to sell cerain models to civilians, not like I will ever buya  .50 cal or put a can on it, its the principle.  I looked at some AAC's but never took the plunge.

Glad I didn't yet. Who make as good can  for a 9mm? (not Gemtech or AAC) I am thinking about SBRing a 9mm upper and suppressing it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have contemplated gettng a can for a while. I ruled out Gemtech as they refuse to sell cerain models to civilians, not like I will ever buya  .50 cal or put a can on it, its the principle.  I looked at some AAC's but never took the plunge.

Glad I didn't yet. Who make as good can  for a 9mm? (not Gemtech or AAC) I am thinking about SBRing a 9mm upper and suppressing it.

SWR.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ops also makes a great can
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#37]
I like my AAC cans.

This lawsuit is unfortunate.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

My friend has a Surefire can on his M4 and its kick ass, I always thought Surefire was top of the line.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The best 9mm subgun can, IMO, is the AWC Mk9, which I recently purchased but have yet to try.  If you want to go for a pistol can (which would work just fine on that SBR) I'd take a good look at the SWR Trident, SRT Matrix 9, and AAC Evo 9.  If I was going to buy one right now I'd take the Trident based on what I've read, but I've never heard one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#40]
SWR it is...

Also-
chapperjoe summed up my opinion pretty well-

Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#41]
well, i'm glad i saw this thread first! i just sbr'd my bogus mp5k and was going to buy their striker 2 can. i was also thinking of getting cans for my m-14 and m-4gery.

guess i'll keep looking...

hope their lawsuit makes up for all the business they've pissed away!
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The way I read it, AAC did not allege that his statements were false, they alleged that they (the statements) hurt their business.

They do not demand Ian prove his statements or retract them, they demand he erase them from ARFCOM, but not his hard drive ( ).
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I dont know, I really was a fan of the G5 that I heard. But what blew me away was the 9mm cans that I heard I believe it was a raptor II. Awesome can.

Yeah, that's cool.  So have you ever heard an AAC can?  Trying to figure out the basis for your statement that theirs suck.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#44]
This should be good for a giggle.

Tag er... subs
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#45]

I don't keep up on Suppressor stuff.

My guess is AAC doesn't care if they win or lose.  By filing the suit, they can drain Ian financially and make his life generally miserable.  

Who wins won't matter.  A lawsuit based on spite is designed to bleed the other side dry.  Whoever has the most cash for lawyers wins.

Stupid shit if you ask me.

This is my opinion.  Your opinion may vary.

ZM
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that's cool.  So have you ever heard an AAC can?  Trying to figure out the basis for your statement that theirs suck.

Yeah I heard one of there 9mm cans on a beretta (vortex?) 92fs type pistol. I just wasn't overly impressed. The only time it came close to the gemtech was when it was wet, Couple that with them owning a message board which claims to do independent testing when in reality they are pimping there own shit it kinda makes you look at things different.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Please tell me this is a joke.

Nope, just an example of Clusterfuck 101...
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The way I read it, AAC did not allege that his statements were false, they alleged that they (the statements) hurt their business.

They do not demand Ian prove his statements or retract them, they demand he erase them from ARFCOM, but not his hard drive ( ).

I'll reread, but I believe they ARE alleging the statements were false.  Would be a pretty shitty lawsuit if otherwise.

ETA: yup 13.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuck them

this is plain retarded. AAC got a bad comment, and they think they have to sue.

fucking tards.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Doesn't matter.

I'm going by only what the PDF says. I don't follow suppressor stuff.

Saying so and so's product sucks is one thing. Saying they are losing defense contracts or being phased out in favor of company y is another. On forums where industry people are active, I could see it being libel.

If he can't produce a source, he's f'd in the a.

Not really. AAC would actually have to prove what he wrote was a lie, that he knew it was a lie at the time he wrote it, and that it caused a measurable harm.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top