Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2001 3:51:34 PM EDT
I bid on a powder measure several days ago on ebay.  Last night I was outbid, tried to place another bid and got an error message saying there was a problem with my bid.  I tried again later and got an auction ended message.  Oh, well.  I moved on and placed a bid on another measure.  This morning I get a message telling me I won the first auction for $41.01 (I never even tried to bid $41.01).  I tried to retract my bid on the second measure, but was refused because there was less than 12 hours remaining.  I contacted ebay and was told sorry, try working it out with the seller.  I emailed the guy, explained the glitch (on ebay's end) and asked if he would relist the item with a minimum reserve to cover my high bid plus the cost of listing again (less than a $2.00 fee).  If he didn't get the minimum, I would buy it at the reserve price.  Worse case scenario he waits a few more days for his money; best case he makes a little more (we're talking about $30.00).  Anyway, the guys is balking and threatening me with "negative feedback."  My conscience tells me to pay up, but my brain tells me I did nothing wrong.  I couldn't care less about ebay's feedback program, but I do care about my reputation, internet or not.  

What would you do?

Sorry for the length.

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top