Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2001 5:08:14 AM EDT
I froze my arse off today and saw nothing but does that got a wiff of my scent and ran off....and then while driving off the property I kick up buetiful 6 point with a doe while noticing my shotgun packed away in it's case next to me..argh!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, that sounds like deer hunting.  Pretty typical situation, hang in there![:)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Proper hygiene and a Scent Loc suit is what you need.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you trying to say i stink?![;)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#4]
In Georgia in the southern zone we can drop anything brown!!  Granted we do not have the luxury of the BIG monsters that live up north.

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In Georgia in the southern zone we can drop anything brown!!  Granted we do not have the luxury of the BIG monsters that live up north.

[beer]
View Quote

Here in 'Bama, we can legally take 1 buck and 1 doe per day.  Gun season opens today and ends Jan 31.  But as in Georgia, if you take a 175lb buck then you have taken a biggen!!!  Good luck to all this season!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]
today i saw 2 piles of deer crap and a red squirrel...of course i fell asleep so something might have walked past me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm jealous.  Like that old saying goes.... A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:27:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I know the feeling, yesterday the 3rd day of the Michigan firearms season we had a nice 8pt in the back yard twice (at approx. 20yds.) He came to chase the does around that are feeding on all the acorns. We own property and live right in the middle of an oak forest with only about 30 yds of clearing around the house, it is not uncommon to have deer around the house. This was however one of the nicest bucks I have seen here. I could not talk the wife into filling her tag with it though. Something about she didn't really want to just shoot a buck out of the window, would rather be really hunting. I got her to go as far as having her 270 hanging out the window aiming at him but no trigger squeeze. I really lost my debate when she said well why don't you shoot him then, and I had to tell her I didn't want to shoot one that way either. I will always remember how he looked cruising back and forth in the back checking those does, white horns, fairly wide and high. Well, I suppose it is back to going out early and really hunting and not seeing anything.
Good luck everyone, and safe hunting,
Tuco
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#9]
What part of Michigan are you from? I'm down in Olivet, which is about 45 min south of Lansing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:21:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I live up here near TC.

I always liked bow huting better, more success.

You can scout, pattern, research and plan all you want but when the rut starts, one doe in heat, 2 miles away, it all goes out he window.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Came home empty handed one thanksgiving, only to see a 6 pointer standing in my front yard......was he laughing?.......[grenade]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Rifleman, I live in the Hamilton area just south of Holland.
Tuco
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:50:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Saturday, we headed out at 0530 reached a place to sit and wait at 0600, heard two large animals in the brush.  Moved to a new spot at 0800, saw tracks and heard another large animal.  Went back to the house at 1000 and saw deer tracks behind my buddy's car...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top