Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2001 8:39:18 AM EDT
I am starting a project in which  am taking an old Jap Bayo and converting it into a knife. the Bayo has no colectors value. I am making a Kydex sheath for it by using the old woden mold and oven trick..hehe

What I wanted to know was has anyone here ever made a handle for  a knife out of kydex. or if you can direct me to some one that has...

web search has not been that helpful...I thought about melting the kydex I use for the sheaths and molding it into the handle I want then just shaving and whittling it down to shape and size. then gently reheating it and smoothing it out ...

has anyone here made anything out of kydex..any info would be nice

thanks BURN
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Why a handle out of Kydex?  There are better things out there for handles. Diamond Wood is cool. Micarta is more like what you want.

What you are looking for is a Knife Maker's Catalog of some sort.  They will have pictures and descriptions of all kinds of handle materials.  You then mail order for what you want.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used Micarta before both canvas and cloth..they work wonders. but the steel is such a wierd shape on the bayo that Im going to wrap it with the kydex...I held a blade-tech knife and it has a kydex handle ..it was nice.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Go over to the "Bows and Blades" forum at AssaultWeb and have a chat with Bossman. He makes knives...
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#4]
hmmm, I would use Duct Tape and bailing wire.

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top