Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2001 7:09:48 PM EDT
Just heard this on the news, pisses me off.

Anyways, they're in my prayers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
sad, but I thought Chicago had adopted some Draconian gun laws to prevent this from happening....oh, yeah...nevermind.

My condolences to the families.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just heard this on the news, pisses me off.

Anyways, they're in my prayers.
View Quote

Don't post this on Assault Web, they'll hammer you for supporting the "JBT's".  Last time I was there they were rooting for the other side... some cat named Steve Anderson.

What was Steve doing you ask?  Ahh, nothing... just driving around with an AK-47 (presumably unregistered) on his front seat and got stopped for a traffic ticket.

Those Chicago boys have it rough.  They deal with some of the nastiest criminals our country has to offer.

Thanks guys (all LEO's).  Thanks for hanging it out over the edge to protect the defenseless... and for nominal compensation and few "thank you's".  Some of us appreciate your sacrifice.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, chicago is full of idiotic politicians, but regardless, my thoughts are with those officers.  They can't control the law...they just enforce it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh trolling for cops, how lovely...

Something the ASSWEB guys dream about but are too chicken shit to do when they are awake.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
sad, but I thought Chicago had adopted some Draconian gun laws to prevent this from happening....oh, yeah...nevermind.
View Quote

Yeah, I work in that liberal cesspool.  The politicians are as crooked as a dogs hind leg and Daley is a known mobster... as was his old man.

Daley had the balls to call for more gun control laws in Illinois after the 9/11 attacks.  What a typical grandstanding liberal puke... using dead bodies to further his twisted political agenda.

The coppers in Chicago aren't politicians though, so you can't hold them responsible for the gun laws.  Although many of them are liberal's... and they are mostly anti-gun.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, did I mention Steve (a regular poster on Assault Web) decided to shoot at the cop that stopped him?

What a bastard, but Assault Web loves him and supports his actions.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait, there are actually people in this world who think that Chicago police should be allowed out of prison??

Wow, and I thought the Taliban were weird!
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh, did I mention Steve (a regular poster on Assault Web) decided to shoot at the cop that stopped him?

View Quote

Hey, not all of the Assault Web members supported the guy... just the moderators [:\]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I watched the the news at ten. According to the stories I heard, one cop was shot in the arm, the other was "injured". Both were treated and released.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:17:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:52:27 AM EDT
[#11]
When a crazed gunman goes nuts and the media jumps on the opportunity to portray all gun owners as dangerous psychopaths everyone on this site goes nuts at the unfair generalization.

The same people screw cops with the same generalizations.  99.9% of cops are hard working honest joes and janes.  There are some real jerks but they are rare and do not represent the whole.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:12:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, not all of the Assault Web members supported the guy... just the moderators [:\]
View Quote

I am a regular posting member of AR15.com and I am a moderator at Assault web. There are many different views of every situation at that board and most are not what is being painted here. My job there is NOT to control what people post (and there is alot there that I wouldn't necessarily post myself or agree with). Rather, my role is to help discussion and debate continue by preventing threads from becoming mired in profanity or flames.

I actually think you would be amazed that the majority of the members at Assault Web would support the sentiment of 'prayers for these officers and their families' and are not interested in bashing any JBTs. Apparently, a [b]very vocal minority[/b] has continued to sully Assault web, but this is not news. We know that this happens but we don't know how to fix it without hurting other productive members and their posts.

How many people on this board have been to places where the moderators use their 'power' against people with whom they merely disagree. I don't want to use my power at Assault web in that fashion, but I will 'moderate' a thread that launches into profanity or is from someone looking for a fight. Personally, I love to argue; to me that means debating a position that I agree with against those who do not -- internet D-boards are GREAT for this (my mother thinks I should have been a lawyer). However, many people make that to be 'open season' on people who don't beleive their way. All I do at Assault web is try to help people get along, and think most of the other moderators try to do the same.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:19:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Those Chicago boys have it rough. They deal with some of the nastiest criminals our country has to offer.
View Quote

Plus they have to deal with the hoodlums [i]outside[/i] of city hall. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top