Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 4/16/2008 6:02:44 PM EDT
Is it deleted?  What happened?

Well anyways, I'm glad that 82ndAbn has OK'd use of the word "kook" when referring to other members of this site.  At least one useful thing came out of that thread.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is it deleted?  What happened?

Well anyways, I'm glad that 82ndAbn has OK'd use of the word "kook" when referring to other members of this site.  At least one useful thing came out of that thread.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
looks to be nuked...
What a bunch of Kooks!
Cheers!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone was getting harrassing calls as a result of the thread, and it has been moved to the staff forum...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Someone was getting harrassing calls as a result of the thread, and it has been moved to the staff forum...

Yup, some slimy douchebag can't tell the difference between internet debate and real life and went way over the line.

Im pissed. I was enjoying that thread a lot.... whoever it is needs to be tarred, feathered, and given a swift punt to the nuts (what little ones he does have anyways).
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Same thing that's gonna happen to this thread.  I'm is IBTL.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, angry much? I mean, you can just watch TV instead of ARFCOM.

I disagree with a lot of stuff posted here. But I never worry that someone's going to call my house about it. Holy shit some people need to get a life.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, IBTL.   I knew I was here to type something too.

-althor
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
IBTL

First time I've ever used it
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, some slimy douchebag can't tell the difference between internet debate and real life and went way over the line.

Im pissed. I was enjoying that thread a lot.... whoever it is needs to be tarred, feathered, and given a swift punt to the nuts (what little ones he does have anyways).

Yup.

We don't need douchebags like that here. Of course they will never have the balls to man up and admit they did it, so they get to go along hiding like the coward they are while pretending to be some sort of "champion of liberty". How ironic, but not suprising.

One thing about it, of everything that came of that thread, Jefferson would be most dissapointed in that shitheads behavior.

Threads can get heated but damn I step away from the computer and dont even think about any of it....
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#14]
That thread ends w/ "Its been explained" which I don't think is accurate.

Who's the kook that called who and got everything shut down?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

For the record: this kook was out running when it transpired.

By the time I showered the thread was tossed off to the ether of the interwebs.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, who kooking made a kooky phone call?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I think that kook 82nd is investigating who the kook is who called the other kook.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang, my money was on you!

Seriously, it seems like all the likely cantidates have posted since that thread so I'm wondering who it was.  Maybe since it was "explained", Staff could quickly reexplain it for those of us were in the middle of that thread and still have no idea what the hell happened.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#19]
how many pages was it on when it disappeared?

it was 16 when i last saw it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that kook 82nd is investigating who the kook is who called the other kook.

Aimless is the one who locked/tossed the thread. So it might be him, too.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I'm guessing that O_P got called.  He was getting some heat in that thread, and his phone number is publicly listed in the DNS registry for his site's domain name.  

O_P, if you want to stay under the radar use a private DNS registration service, like domainsbyproxy.com.  I do this for all of my domain names.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well I'm guessing that O_P got called.  He was getting some heat in that thread, and his phone number is publicly listed in the DNS registry for his site's domain name.  

O_P, if you want to stay under the radar (I certainly do) use a private DNS service, like domainsbyproxy.com.

That was my guess. When I left it was getting pretty heated between him and another member.

I may have diamond gnards but even I'M not going to calling the sovereign ruler of the box o truth looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Wait - I thought I was the kook, by the time we got to page 20 or whatever.  And I was painting the downstairs at the time, so I have an alibi.

In any event, as heated as the argument may have gotten, JonasWright, I shouldn't have called you a "kook" - please accept my apologies.

Well, there goes my other guess for who the "evil caller" was...damn!

Good on you for the apology Prof.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Kind of a coincidence but I changed my cell number today because I was getting collections calls for the person who had the number before me. My voicemail message was somehow from that guy too. It was weird to come back and see it got shut down for calls...lol

Hopefully the kook gets exposed. Cant have kooks running around calling kooks for being kooks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait - I thought I was the kook, by the time we got to page 20 or whatever.  And I was painting the downstairs at the time, so I have an alibi.

In any event, as heated as the argument may have gotten, JonasWright, I shouldn't have called you a "kook" - please accept my apologies.

Accepted, DK. and if I slung some barbs myself I apologize.
You and I go round from time to time, but I never take it as anything but internet forumry, and you've always struck me as a pretty upright guy. When Ed plans the ARFstravaganza I'll buy you a beer, or whatever it is you heathen Balts drink.

Besides, I accept that some of my ideas are pretty far out there. You've gotta be something. Might as well be weird.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow,  I wonder how many more locks are going to come out of that thread?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Remember the thread from last year where some guy got pissed over an Internet argument (it was some car website or something...I don't remember) and went and found the other dude and burned his trailer down? Umm-hmm.

You know that "serious cat" everybody posts? That cat knows what he is talking about.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn, I always leave these threads too early and miss the drama.

This is not a tag.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

O_P, if you want to stay under the radar (I certainly do) use a private DNS service, like domainsbyproxy.com.

That was my guess. When I left it was getting pretty heated between him and another member.

I may have diamond gnards but even I'M not going to calling the sovereign ruler of the box o truth looking for trouble.

O_P and I were kinda at eachother's throats towards the end.  I didn't make the call though.  I have an alibi.  

Although I strongly disagree with O_P, calling his house and cursing him out is uncalled for, if that's what happened.  I hope that the thread is restored though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This is not a tag.

That's the thing.  The thread itself was fairly tame by GD standards and then it was gone.  Had it not been for the stuff off the board the thread would likely still be going.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is not a tag.

That's the thing.  The thread itself was fairly tame by GD standards and then it was gone.  Had it not been for the stuff off the board the thread would likely still be going.

I thought it was pretty epic.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

O_P, if you want to stay under the radar use a private DNS registration service, like domainsbyproxy.com.  I do this for all of my domain names.

I use network solutions privacy guard.  $1 per year and worth it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#39]
And I see that the usual suspects are in here posting, I mean bitching.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So far there aren't any account locks from that thread...although the person who called O_P is going to be on a long vacation from the site when staff finds out who it was. Hopefully everyone can mind their bloody manners and refrain from outrageously stupid behavior such as that and there won't need to be any more action taken by mods or staff.

Well, there is more to everything than meets the eye.

The idjit that called OP may not even be a member here, there is a thread about OP's posts in that thread on FA, dunno about any other sites.

And yes the manners were beginning to go downhill in the thread it had probably reached the end of its GD life.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#41]
No point to those threads we all know who the collectivist/authoritarians and individualist/libertarians are.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
there is a thread about OP's posts in that thread on FA, dunno about any other sites.

Link?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Remember the thread from last year where some guy got pissed over an Internet argument (it was some car website or something...I don't remember) and went and found the other dude and burned his trailer down? Umm-hmm.

You know that "serious cat" everybody posts? That cat knows what he is talking about.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

i176.photobucket.com/albums/w161/PantherArms/SeriousCat1.jpg

That's him. He knows the deal. Ain't nobody gonna get his trailer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

This is not a tag.

Hell, my monitor has been flaky the last few days and I missed the whole thing.  (Heck I think it's been a few days since I even checked in, so I guess I ain't addicted to the site.)  I usually look at the last few pages at least on one going that long because it usually has shifted into the drama mode.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn, I totally ignored that thread, You think after they dissect it they might repost it? Or is that like hoping for ice water in hell?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#47]
So, I missed a good 'Forces of Order vs Forces of Chaos' ARFCOM debate, I assume...

And some jackhole broke the 'What happens on ARFCOM stays on ARFCOM' rule & took it into real life?

DUMBASS...

P.S. I don't even have a phone, and wasn't in the thread...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#48]
WTF?

I posted a thread about the inane dumbness of treating people like criminals for doing something that oughtn't be illegal, and some fuckstick responded to the thread by doing something that IS IN FACT illegal?

Bloody fucking hell on a technicolor trampoline.

Certainly not my intention in posting the thread.  Good lord.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So far there aren't any account locks from that thread...although the person who called O_P is going to be on a long vacation from the site when staff finds out who it was. Hopefully everyone can mind their bloody manners and refrain from outrageously stupid behavior such as that and there won't need to be any more action taken by mods or staff.

Well, there is more to everything than meets the eye.

The idjit that called OP may not even be a member here, there is a thread about OP's posts in that thread on FA, dunno about any other sites.

And yes the manners were beginning to go downhill in the thread it had probably reached the end of its GD life.

Whats FA?

Anywho it strikes me as odd someone would call OP because he is on the authortarian side so someone who called him to bitch him out would have to be on the libertarianish side, no? We were all expounding on respecting other people's rights so why would someone call him? The hamsters are off balance for me on this one I guess. I would never call him in this context because he can say what he wants to say but the main thing is Id be too lazy to actually find out what his number is anyways....lol

Hopefully the adage stupid hurts will strike this bandit. Maybe once they find out who it is 82nd can go taze the fucker that ruined a good thread....

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top