Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2001 3:39:11 PM EDT
Wisconsin Rep. Scott Gunderson and Seator Dave Zien introduced on 11/12/01 a bill which would give WI residents a "shall issue" CCW permit.

Here's a link to the press release:
[url]http://www.thewheelerreport.com/releases/Nov01/1113gundersonppa.PDF[/url]

This has got local talk radio (primarily conservative if not libertarian) buzzing.  Let's hope this one passes.

I'll try to get more information and post it here tomorrow.  Picked up a bug yesterday at the Children's Museum (spending a great week at home with my daughter, BTW) and need to take it easy.

EDITED to remove incorrect bill number.  Sorry, relied on friends legal research.  And because the subject got hacked.  With this fuzzy head, I'm going to bed.  I hate legislative research to begin with, but with this cold....  Blech!
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I too have heard of this good new, about damn time.  Anyone know by when this could be voted on?
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I too have heard of this good new, about damn time.  Anyone know by when this could be voted on?
View Quote

They are still trying to introduce it so that discussion may commence.  I don't think it will be voted on any time soon.  See this post [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=69723[/url]  
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Same thing happened here.  Our bill has been waiting for a vote all year.  It apparently had all the votes it needed to pass but it was never "allowed" to come up for vote.  I lost track of this a couple of months ago but that was the last status...

One shining example of how, even when the votes are there, we have no say in anything...[:(]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
With the democrats in control of the senate,it'll never pass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top