Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2001 10:44:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well, its for a Bushmaster, not a lousy FN!  DOH, they are made to the same specs for christ's sake and the military uses FN uppers!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

They ARE NOT THE SAME.  (military parts would be)

FN is prohibited from selling AR-15 parts into the civilian market.

Any FN part is either a rejected part, a stolen part or some off brand that is being sold as FN.

Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I talked to the Sherluck folks at a gun show last weekend (and bought a flattop 20" compensated bull barrelled kit). If you get either the flattop with the T-marks or High-rise flattop, they make them themselves.

Didn't ask about the standard uppers.

Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
TO my knowledge, FN is basically using Colt's design.  THey can do that, since the Gov't owns the design.  But they can only make them for the Gov't, nobody else.

I have spoken directly with the factory guys at a AUSA Army show and they told me directly that it is illegal for them to sell parts and guns to the civilian market

Several other people on this board will confirm this, but I can't say where they got their information.

If those guys are advertising FN parts, it might to worthwhile to call them on the carpent and get them to confirm it's the Fabrique Nationale (?) that manufacturers the military's weaons.  It's not hard to have parts made by [b]F[/b]rank's [/b]Neat Parts to be called FN.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not believing this one at all until someone can show me what specifically prevents FN from manufacturing and selling AR uppers.
View Quote

As I said, I was told it was illegal for them to sell guns or parts DIRECTLY from FN factory employees at a tradeshow.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Do a search on "FN uppers".  This has been told and re-told.

FN doesn't sell to the public and can't.

FN from Sherluck or any body else stands for "Fabrique No-name".
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top