Posted: 4/11/2008 8:29:02 PM EDT

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
quite true
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/js98010/AFCyber.jpg

I like that one much better than the SAC ripoff.

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on that

ripping off SACs heritage isn't cool, I wasn't around for any of SAC, MAC, & TAC but still. You don't steal the emblem of the people who WON the Cold War. Curtiss LeMay wouldn't be happy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
On one hand, I don't want to replace the ACC patches on my BDUs.
On the other hand, when I get ABUs, there will be no MAJCOM or unit patches.

I still don't know why they didn't just resurrect the lineage, heritage and insignia of AF Communications Command.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On one hand, I don't want to replace the ACC patches on my BDUs.
On the other hand, when I get ABUs, there will be no MAJCOM or unit patches.

I still don't know why they didn't just resurrect the lineage, heritage and insignia of AF Communications Command.

You're right about the ABUs!
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
gotta love the ABUs though, maint free, but no MAJCOM/unit patches blows in my opinion. Bye bye unit pride. Give 5 years though and they will be back, plus we'll be pressing and starching the ABUS too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#7]
The AF changes things too much (uniforms, organization, etc.) to have a distinct heritage and institutional traditions.

It's like there has been an identity crisis.  The reason we went from the old style class As to the airline pilot uniform was because it was "just a blue Army uniform."  The powers that were (mcpeak, IIRC) wanted to separate the AF more from the Army, and thus separated the AF further from its roots (Army Air Corps/USAAF).

Not all change is progress.

As an AF retiree, I have to admit there were times I envied the other branches, especially the USMC, for their heritage and traditions.  It was an element notably lacking in my serviec.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#8]
The AF will NEVER have heritage or traditions because we keep re-inventing ourselves  every 5-10 years.  

Oh, Air Force: Smoke Free by 2000.  That was a hoot!

B_S
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Oh, Air Force: Smoke Free by 2000.  That was a hoot!

B_S

I remember hearing about a Smoke Free Navy by 2000 in boot camp back in 1995.
How'd that work out?  Yeah, the same as the Smoke Free Air Force.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, the Air Force has changed ALOT since I was in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top