Posted: 4/3/2008 1:32:21 PM EDT
ok this situation just got weird!

Good Afternoon.
I'm writing on behalf of WSVN-TV in Miami regarding a conversation you had
with a Calin Chi Wong regarding a gun purchase that he felt went bad.  As a
result of the threats he made to you on AIM, the Homestead Police Department
has arrested him.  We are doing a story on this and would like to get your
reaction.  Can you please contact us at your earliest convenience at
305-795-2777 or toll-free at 1-800-226-WSVN (9786).

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Frank Guzman - Assignment Editor
WSVN 7 FOX - The News Station
1401 79th Street Causeway
Miami, FL 33141
305 795 2777 Direct
305 795 2746 Fax
305 656 9213 Pager
e-mail: [email protected]

the local news got wind of this situation and has contacted me about a statement.

anyone that has had dealing with this kid please come forth! i would like to get everyone that knows anything about this kid involved so he can be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

for the people that do not know about this kid here is a conversation we had

LINK TO THREAD

if anyone has any information PLEASE let me know.

the miami local news has contacted me and asked if i would make a statement at 6 for their 6pm news tonight...
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
SHTF
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
very much so and i need some help. this kid is bad news and i would like everyone to come forth and put him where he needs to be.

i am posting this in several HTF and GD forums.

MODS please do not delete so i can get some info.

-Tim
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
He threatened to beat my white boy ass a couple times when I refused to sell him ammo.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the unlock!

i just did a live interview for channel 7 miami news.

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
HERE is the link to the report from homestead FL.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
thanks for the unlock!

i just did a live interview for channel 7 miami news.

Glad to see he is getting what he had coming to him.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]
wow..

www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_dade/story/481423.html

A 20-year-old with a significant stash of weapons and ammunition in his Homestead condo has been charged with making threats over the Internet about reenacting the Virginia Tech massacre.

Calin Chi Wong, who lives at home with his parents, was arrested last week, posted $7,500 bond and was released.

Officers seized a cache of weapons from the Lakeshore Villas home of Wong, who they claim admitted to making threats on the Internet under the screen name ``Humanabc.''

According to Homestead police, the Clackamas County (Ore.) Sheriff's Office became privy to a March 25 Internet conversation in which he threatened that ''he was soon to reenact the Virginia Tech'' massacre.

Police said Wong agreed to allow them into his home last Thursday, where officers observed ''several long guns piled up on a shelf'' in plain view. Officers also saw what appeared to be thousands of rounds of ammunition, as well as a number of gun magazines -- all of which were seized, said Capt. Tom Foglia, a Homestead police spokesman.

Wong first came to the attention of Homestead police when he complained to them in February about being ripped off for $800 when he ordered a gun online using his father's Paypal account.

According to last week's arrest form, the seller backed out of the deal when he learned Wong was not 21.

While at the Homestead police station last week, Wong admitted to making several other threats to various other people over the Internet as well as purchasing and trading guns and ammo more than 20 times over the past year, the Homestead police report said.

Back in February, Wong told police that he owns six to seven AK-47 rifles and that he had been banned from some gun-sales websites ``due to fraudulent selling practices.''

cbs4.com/local/internet.threats.massacre.2.691397.html
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
he touched my front bottom

so what did he do?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 12:17 AM
Subject: TO THOSE SON OF BITCHES ON AR-15

> You know remember what cho did to ya'll fuckers right?  If not, i'll
> try my best to try and remind you.  He took those pigs and shot them
> to death like little duckies:)  Keep it up you and your family will be
> owned like them pigs( crackers).  When the day comes the public people
> of china will own your white ass.  instead of "boy you washing a color
> man's clothing, that is ashame you should kill your self= your washing
> a chink's clothing well guess what fuck you and your sorry ass :)
>
> Koya5o3 Out:)
>
> What Osama Did was Brave.  I bet you none of you scrawy bitches will
> have the balls( wait crackers don't have balls they like to fuck their
> own sisters and their daughter LMAO)
>
> LONG LIFE OSAMA:)
>

Same email and account he harassed and threatened me with, tlee did you get those forwards?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 12:17 AM
Subject: TO THOSE SON OF BITCHES ON AR-15

> You know remember what cho did to ya'll fuckers right?  If not, i'll
> try my best to try and remind you.  He took those pigs and shot them
> to death like little duckies:)  Keep it up you and your family will be
> owned like them pigs( crackers).  When the day comes the public people
> of china will own your white ass.  instead of "boy you washing a color
> man's clothing, that is ashame you should kill your self= your washing
> a chink's clothing well guess what fuck you and your sorry ass :)
>
> Koya5o3 Out:)
>
> What Osama Did was Brave.  I bet you none of you scrawy bitches will
> have the balls( wait crackers don't have balls they like to fuck their
> own sisters and their daughter LMAO)
>
> LONG LIFE OSAMA:)
>

Wow, just... wow.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]
yes. thanks for sending them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#14]
hey 82nd, you shouldve put that piece of pure gold up in GD much earlier
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]
no joke. this should have been handled a long time ago. i dont know how but i wish i were not involved. i am glad to help put someone like this where they need to be but DAMN this kid is off in the head.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#16]
The twit was also booted off some other sites down here.  Same thing, threatening others, etc
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
no joke. this should have been handled a long time ago. i dont know how but i wish i were not involved. i am glad to help put someone like this where they need to be but DAMN this kid is off in the head.

I wish I still had the 5 voice mails he left me back in July, him talking trash in broken English was kind of comedic.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#20]
you mean "engrish"  ??  
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
you mean "engrish"  ??  

Pretty much, he must be so ronery to be that angry.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes...

so ronery and sadry arone.

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#24]
well this kid is threatening to re-enact VT shooting. i think that qualifies as serious.

ETA:  video to the news report

VIDEO

on the right click on "South Florida man threaten shooting rampage"

pretty crazy shit
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish I still had the 5 voice mails he left me back in July, him talking trash in broken English was kind of comedic.

How did he get your phone number?            
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#26]
the magic of google brings me photos of what weapons he had:

s160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/koya5o3/
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#27]
wow just WOW.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#29]
oh yeah, definitely tagging this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#30]
yeah the photobucket links should be in our convo.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a little over 20k rounds of South African Surplus I sold to one buyer, well a couple weeks later I found I had some more left over so I put it on the EE. He contacted me and I did not know who he was he then gave me his phone number and I called him. I got some woman who could not speak a word of English. A couple days later I found out it was Koya trying to buy it so I just started ignoring him, he then called my cell phone 9 or 10 times leaving 5 voice mails trash talking me in barely understandable English. When that wasn't effective enough he went to email harassment, I just ignored him and it infuriated him. His emails got more vulgar and threatening. He eventually just stopped sending them and bothering me, so that is my experience with him.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#32]
can we get a sticky on this? people need to see what is going on.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hey 82nd, you shouldve put that piece of pure gold up in GD much earlier

A number of the staff and moderators receive physical threats for merely enforcing the posted rules.  I can think of a half dozen off the top of my head I've received in the past couple of years.  I'm sure I could find more if I searched my email storage.

It's nothing new or unusual unfortunately.  I've even had two attorneys threaten to sue me for locking their accounts.  

Some people take this stuff WAY too seriously.  

yeah I do not miss being a moderator on a large car board that I use to frequent which had alittle over 100k members... it wasnt worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Burn baby burn.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Tag for updates and stories.

Hopefully he's dealt with accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a little over 20k rounds of South African Surplus I sold to one buyer, well a couple weeks later I found I had some more left over so I put it on the EE. He contacted me and I did not know who he was he then gave me his phone number and I called him. I got some woman who could not speak a word of English. A couple days later I found out it was Koya trying to buy it so I just started ignoring him, he then called my cell phone 9 or 10 times leaving 5 voice mails trash talking me in barely understandable English. When that wasn't effective enough he went to email harassment, I just ignored him and it infuriated him. His emails got more vulgar and threatening. He eventually just stopped sending them and bothering me, so that is my experience with him.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Hooo boy. Tag for later.

Sonofabitch.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't wanna get involved, but it looks like he posted bond and was released.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/481423.html

A 20-year-old with a significant stash of weapons and ammunition in his Homestead condo has been charged with making threats over the Internet about reenacting the Virginia Tech massacre.

Calin Chi Wong, who lives at home with his parents, was arrested last week, posted $7,500 bond and was released.

Officers seized a cache of weapons from the Lakeshore Villas home of Wong, who they claim admitted to making threats on the Internet under the screen name ``Humanabc.''

According to Homestead police, the Clackamas County (Ore.) Sheriff's Office became privy to a March 25 Internet conversation in which he threatened that ''he was soon to reenact the Virginia Tech'' massacre.

Police said Wong agreed to allow them into his home last Thursday, where officers observed ''several long guns piled up on a shelf'' in plain view. Officers also saw what appeared to be thousands of rounds of ammunition, as well as a number of gun magazines -- all of which were seized, said Capt. Tom Foglia, a Homestead police spokesman.

Wong first came to the attention of Homestead police when he complained to them in February about being ripped off for $800 when he ordered a gun online using his father's Paypal account.

According to last week's arrest form, the seller backed out of the deal when he learned Wong was not 21.

While at the Homestead police station last week, Wong admitted to making several other threats to various other people over the Internet as well as purchasing and trading guns and ammo more than 20 times over the past year, the Homestead police report said.

Back in February, Wong told police that he owns six to seven AK-47 rifles and that he had been banned from some gun-sales websites ``due to fraudulent selling practices.''

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#41]
his bond was 75,000. he paid 7500 from my understanding.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow. I guess my FTF rule for firearms and ammo is a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like he received some commuppance.

Certainly possible that he could have made good on his "reenact Virgina Tech" threats.

For all that we berate the media for trying and convicting gun owners in the court of public opinion in their "cops seize arsenal" articles, I gotta say that any gun owner who goes around making those kinds of threats should not be around firearms.  Either he is crazy/mentally unstable, or seriously capable of carrying out his threats.  Sane rational people don't joke about things like that in the way he did (i.e. not a casual one line joke).
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#46]
the news woman asked how i felt about a 20 year old owning ak47's and 1000's of rounds of ammo. i said im all for gun ownership and i support the 2nd. told her that there are several kinds of ak's and that the atf is doing a fine job of keeping the illegal ones out of civilians hands. said that i think everyone should own guns, except people like Calin. "There is no room for people like HIM in the gun community" is exactly what i said at the end. She tried flipping this around and i stopped it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
He also went by: steyrboy, socandyman, ak47123, ss102, csplayer, along with a number of other user IDs on this website.  We closed the accounts as soon as we found them.

The staff in the EE (especially Munyguru) did an excellent job tracking him down whenever he snuck back onto the site.

Socandyman was him? Damn, he pulled that one off pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He also went by: steyrboy, socandyman, ak47123, ss102, csplayer, along with a number of other user IDs on this website.  We closed the accounts as soon as we found them.

The staff in the EE (especially Munyguru) did an excellent job tracking him down whenever he snuck back onto the site.

Socandyman was him? Damn, he pulled that one off pretty good.

Thank you for pointing that out.  I may be mistaken.  I just checked his account and noticed it was not locked.

I pulled those user IDs from an old email.  I'll check into it further.  Thank you, Justin.

Yeah, because I know he helped a bunch of people bend flats and do an AK build party in the OR HTF so I thought he was a good guy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
the news woman asked how i felt about a 20 year old owning ak47's and 1000's of rounds of ammo. i said im all for gun ownership and i support the 2nd. told her that there are several kinds of ak's and that the atf is doing a fine job of keeping the illegal ones out of civilians hands. said that i think everyone should own guns, except people like Calin. "There is no room for people like HIM in the gun community" is exactly what i said at the end. She tried flipping this around and i stopped it.

Good on you!  And good job treating the threat as serious and having it handled appropriately.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top