Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2001 10:40:59 PM EDT
Geesh... the Grandmaster of the Merry Pranksters was 66?? And here I thought it was my PARENTS who did acid... not my GRANDPARENTS!!

I think I am going to re-read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest tomorrow just in honor.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Ken was a real piece of work and was imortalized in a book about him called "The Electric Cool Aid Acid Test". He also wrote a book about logging in Oregon called "Sometimes a Great Notion". I still love that movie.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think I am going to re-read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest tomorrow just in honor.
View Quote

My favorite line in the Movie is by [b]Chief Broom[/b]:

"...mmmmm, Juicy Fruit."  [8D]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#4]
"Like a chariot swung down low, not enough children had a chance to go" from "Might as well", by Jerry Garcia Band.

The whole Kesey/Prankster/Dead thing is a part of what made America what it is.  I was lucky enough to see Jerry about 25 times prior to his death and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I hope Further is still running in Heaven, with Cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never-never land.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]

That sux.

If you ever get a  chance to read the book instead of just watching the movie "Cuckoo's Nest" do so.

There was an article in Playboy in the 70's in which the author hung out with Kesey and I think Hunter Thompson for a week or so.

True Bonzai type drinkers and party boys....

His passing makes me feel old....

Raf, it's hard to believe many of us "kids of the 70's " made it past 30......but, some of us wised up on the drug use......

May he rest in peace
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, Hunter!  When that guy goes, they won't even have to embalm him!  That era turned out a few hardcore, dinosaur types.  The weird, the doomed.  The fact that somewhere, right now, Hunter is still doing his thing seems to make the world somewhat of a less serious place, to me anyhow.  When they all finally do wind up wherever it is they're goin', it'll be a HELL of a party, eh?

Now I'm gonna have to Listen to the Dead all day, watch "Where the Buffalo Roam" for the 200th time, and re-read the "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test".
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody got any Black Owlsly.

Edited becase I must have killed that brain cell.

Thanks Bearlaker.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Had some of his '67 manufacture "Purple Jesus" once, but I'll never tell!!!  And Balming, don't you dare start the "have you done acid" thread again![shock]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anybody got any Black Osly.
View Quote

Owlsly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top