Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2001 5:09:56 AM EDT
Just an Army guy taking the time to appreciate my fellow service.  I have yet to meet a Marine that did not represent his service well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the kind sentiment, Rifleman. You serve as an example of the high standards and proud traditions of the United States Army!

Please join myself, kpel308 and our happy band of brothers, in a salute.

With my toasting glass raised high:
[size=6][b][i][red]To The Corps!![/red][/i][/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have yet to meet a Marine that did not represent his service well.
View Quote

I'm 73, and I can also make that statement.  I've known a few snakes (to put it politely) that went into Marines, and came-out honest, hard-working men.  The Marines work magic upon a young man.z
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you ... and SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the kind words. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of my fellow Marines!
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
[bday]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
HAVING TO DEFEND OUR VALUES ON THE HOME TURF: THE WRONG NIGHT TO BE A BAD GUY!

BRIEF:

As a former Marine Guard at the U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya, and back for my first stateside Marine Ball tonight, I have the following to report:

I was charged to recon a secondary location to resume the B-Day festivities in an informal tone and setting.  I cruise to a local bar and find a group of 5-6 single young women having a night on the town.  I initiated diplomatic relations with the women and they agreed to extend our association to include my incoming Marines.  

While my brothers were en-route I pulled up a chair to join the ladies and was making my acquaintance with all present within the group...at the same time, I notice a kid start to take my chair.  I courteously tell him that I am using the chair and will continue to use the chair after I meet my new found friends.  

He says, "There are other chairs, you can use them."  I reply, "and you can use them also, why take mine?"  he says because "I like this one", I reply, "So do I, now please return the chair.  Instead of even using the chair, he puts the chair across the bar and instructs me to use return it myself if I wanted it."

I tried to diffuse an explosive situation, as not to portray a negative impression.  Knowing that a show of "standing up to my personally held convictions and values", regardless the form they are trampled upon, would not be seen as a justified move by my new friends, I excercise as much diplomacy as I know how.  When I see that my nicety is not having an effect, and that at this point in time, I will not compromise my values for the acceptance of a few strange women, I say,"although I can take a good joke, the joke is over and you will return the chair, or I will eject you from the restaurant."  He tries to down play his infringement upon my peace and continues to question why I am making a big deal of the situation.  

I give him a count of five to return the chair.  He fails to return the chair and I haul him outside and throw him out into the parking lot in the same manner that I ejected disgruntled, denied visa applicants from a U.S. embassy.

He then informs me that he is an employee of the restaurant.  His manager and other staff come outside and inquire as to what is transpiring.  I tell them the situation exactly how it unfolded.  (A scene too long to write unfolds)

We return inside and the punk wants to be friends.  I ask him, "don't you feel it was wrong to act in the manner that you did?"  He says no, that I am the asshole in this.

I return to tell the women that I am embarrassed for the idiots actions and will understand if they perceive me as a heathen.  I then instructed them that I do not lie down my values when infringed upon.

Those values going along the same lines as these, "I will live and interact peacefully  with all people, until someone decides to impede that peace and alter my life as I know it.  Should my peace be attacked, I will most certainly defend what I believe to be right"

I see our country doing this now, and I saw how countless of others in the past have bowed down to evil.  I will not bow down, regardless of the form evil takes.

I left the scene soon after in fumes.

BTW, HAPPY b-DAY MARINES!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top