Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2008 4:15:38 AM EDT
Ahmadinijah says there are no gays on Iran so obviously he can't be persecuted.

Gay Iranian due for deportation today

26th February 2008 13:25
Tony Grew

A gay teenager from Iran who fled the UK for the Netherlands last year after his appeal for asylum was refused is expected to be returned to the UK today by Dutch authorities.

London Liberal Democrat MEP Baroness Sarah Ludford has written to the Home Secretary to request her to urgently review the case of 19-year-old Medhi Kazemi, who faces possible execution by stoning if he returns to Iran.

Baroness Ludford, who is the Liberal Democrat European justice spokesperson and a member of the European Parliament's Gay and Lesbian Rights Intergroup, said:

"Jacqui Smith must recognise and act on the real threat of persecution and even execution which Mr Kazemi would face if he was to be deported to Iran.

"As with Ms Pegah Emambakhsh, an Iranian lesbian who was granted a reassessment of her own asylum case after I and other parliamentarians intervened, we need the Home Office to accept the facts and genuinely consider the risks of deportation.

"We cannot on the one hand claim that we live in a modern and liberal society if on the other hand we are willing to send asylum seekers back to face stoning purely because of their sexuality."

At the end of last year a court in the Netherlands ruled Medhi must be returned back to the UK.

He fled England last spring after his visa ran out and a Home Office tribunal dismissed his appeal against deportation.

It is feared that if Medhi is ordered to be deported back to Iran he may face execution for being gay.

Medhi left Iran in 2004 to travel to England on a student visa and continue his education.

While he was in the UK he learned that Iranian authorities had arrested his boyfriend Parham back in Iran, and that his boyfriend had been forced to name Medhi as someone with whom he had had a relationship.

Medhi's father had then received a visit from the Tehran police, with an arrest warrant for his son as they wanted to put him on trial.

In late April, Medhi's uncle told him Parham had been put to death.

The Canada-based Iranian Queer Organisation, said:

"The European governments claim to be the champions of human rights and democracy and condemn Iran frequently for its violation of human rights; and yet they willingly pave the road for the government of Iran to go ahead with its human rights abuses, and
arrest and execute an identified Iranian gay.

"Today, they sentence Medhi to torture and possible death by deporting him to Iran, and tomorrow they issue statements commending this violent and unlawful act of execution."

Human rights group EveryOne has started a campaign to save Medhi.

"We are asking the European Union to adopt a tough stance and overrule the decision taken by Gordon Brown’s Government," the group in a statement.

"The United Kingdom is continuing undaunted to violate the international conventions on human rights and the rights of refugees, as well as the European directives and laws which determine the requests for political asylum.

"They did it with the Iranian lesbian Pegah Emambakhsh, when they refused her refugee status, claiming she was unable to prove her homosexuality."

EveryOne is making an official appeal to the European Union and the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, António Guterres, to put an immediate stop to the deportation and ensure Medhi is given refugee status.

On January 31st the European Commission said:

"Member states cannot expel or refuse refugee status to homosexual persons without taking into account their sexual preferences, the information relevant to the situation in their country of origin, including the laws and ways in which they are applied."

Medhi will have to be repatriated to his country of origin because according to the British government, he does not run any risk there.

Medhi fled in secret from England, intending to take refuge in Canada, but was blocked by the German border police.

After hearing his story, he was sent to Holland, a country known for granting refugee status to Iranian homosexuals, and again handed over to the police.

However, the United Kingdom sent a formal request to Holland asking for Medhi's return to Britain, in order to proceed with his deportation to Iran.

There is an on-line petition site with the details of the case < href="http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/UKMADHI" target="_blank">click here has been established by UK-based gay asylum activist Omar Kuddus.

Omar is working in consultation with the boy's uncle, who lives in the UK.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-6960.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
America loves happy people
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Can we just call him The Gayranian for short?

Or would "The Saddamizer" be too much of a stretch?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
He is currently enjoying getting stoned and having hard things put in his face.

In Iran, he be punished by getting stoned by hard things hitting his face.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
So......will he now get pissed of and strap on a pink suicide vest with pasties?

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So......will he now get pissed of and strap on a pink suicide vest with pasties?

Pasties?

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#6]
These are countries that will not extradite a murderer to the US if he will face the death penalty.

But they're willing to send a guy back to Iran to be tortured and executed just for being gay?

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pasties?

That is a pic of PASTRIES, not PASTIES.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#8]
This is tolerant Europe your talking about

Sending a man to die or be tortured because he is gay

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pasties?

www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southeast/slideshows/images/cowbridgefoodfest06/pasties.jpg

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pasties?

Nope… Cornish Pasties!

http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-pasty.htm
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pasties?

Nope… Cornish Pasties!

We'll have none of your limey distortion of the English language here!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm sure they could find some room for in in California.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I was watching his speech , and when he said there are no gays in Iran , I fell out of my chair laughing like a maniac.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pasties?

Nope… Cornish Pasties!

Mmmm, pasties!

(in the UP of MI you better say it right or they'll correct you - "PAHsties" not "PAYsties" ... ask me how I know )
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I thought we were soft touch Euroweenies?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pasties?

Nope… Cornish Pasties!

Plus, they look like a perversion of an honest calzone to me.

Cornish titty bars must be a hoot!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm glad you guys find this to be funny.

A country that is being over run by Islamics Extremists is sending a young man desperately trying to save his own life back to Iran to die for being gay. I don't find this to be funny at all.

This is an opportunity for the West to show why we are better than our barbaric enemies. Instead the west is showing it's ass.

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pasties?

Nope… Cornish Pasties!

Plus, they look like a perversion of an honest calzone to me.

More manly than your pastries…

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm sure a few here would say "send him back"
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Maybe if he came here ilegally.

But it's the Euros who are sending him back, not us.

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A country that is being over run by Islamics Extremists is sending a young man desperately trying to save his own life back to Iran to die for being gay. I don't find this to be funny at all.

This is an opportunity for the West to show why we are better than our barbaric enemies. Instead the west is showing it's ass.

I agree.

As do I.

As I said above, I think it's reprehensible that these countries won't send a murderer here without a guarantee that they won't be executed, but they'll kowtow to Iran and send a kid back to be stoned simply because he's gay.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#24]

The Canada-based Iranian Queer Organisation, said:

That does it, I'm convinced EVERYONE has an organization.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant, a few on ARFCOM would say "send him to his death because he is teh gay and should be banninated from life".
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1

This is a damn disgrace.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant, a few on ARFCOM would say "send him to his death because he is teh gay and should be banninated from life".

I bet if I put a poll up with that as one of the choices we'd get a lot of votes for it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet if I put a poll up with that as one of the choices we'd get a lot of votes for it.

Don't believe the hype. I personally find the homosexuality to be disgusting, but I would never advocate or condone killing someone over it. Even among the most staunch fundamentalist Christians I know that you will find only a very, very small fringe minority who would advocate killing homosexuals for being homosexual.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

As do I.

As I said above, I think it's reprehensible that these countries won't send a murderer here without a guarantee that they won't be executed, but they'll kowtow to Iran and send a kid back to be stoned simply because he's gay.

my sentiments exactly

euope is fucking worthless. the end.r
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

As do I.

my sentiments exactly

Petition the President to grant his asylum in the USA
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

As do I.

my sentiments exactly

Petition the President to grant his asylum in the USA

Gay Iranian = not Islamic extremist = fine with me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Gay Islamic extremist must be oxymoron of the millennium.

We have some gay/lesbians Iranians here, turned out after they got a residence permit that they wasn't as gay as they pretended to be...
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gay Islamic extremist must be oxymoron of the millennium.

We have some gay/lesbians Iranians here, turned out after they got a residence permit that they wasn't as gay as they pretended to be...

That's why this Iranian Batti Boi is getting the bums rush…
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Before you know it, this guy will somehow find his way to San Francisco.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone ever actually seen a gay arabic/persian guy?! (O_o)

I mean Xerxes was a pretty flaming homosexual in 300.. But.. yeah..
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pasties?

No, actually there is a 'regional' food from certain areas of the Midwest called the 'Pasty'... Which is what you are looking at... It's kind of like a pot-pie, and goes back to some of the early Cornish mining communities...

The ones that got WI nicknamed the 'badger state'....
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Let him sneak into the US like other immigrants do.  After all, he could suck the d*&@s that americans don't want to suck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Why did he not just stay in his own country to begin with? Then all this BS would not be happening now.If they stopped sending people from other countries around the world and have them study in the place they grew up insread it makes their country stronger and keeps the talent there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Why did he not just stay in his own country to begin with? Then all this BS would not be happening now.If they stopped sending people from other countries around the world and have them study in the place they grew up insread it makes their country stronger and keeps the talent there.

Not up on current events huh...

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Mike, people only leave their country to ruin other countries.

This guys going to get hanged, mark my words.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure they could find some room for in in California.

We have more then enough now.  We sure as hell don't need anymore.   But thanks for thinking of us.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Mike, people only leave their country to ruin other countries.

This guys going to get hanged, mark my words.

If he's lucky.  Thousands are dead in Iran at the hands of this president.  Most of them are fighting (without weapons mind you) for democracy and an end to Islamic rule.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top