Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 6:19:37 AM EDT
My wife wants to stay in a cabin out in the mountains/woods somewhere for Christmas. The location must have plenty of snow and very sparse population. We don't want a cabin that is set up right next to 5 others or the like.

I don't know where to start looking so I posted here. I would like to rent a snowmobile also so it would be nice if there were someplace nearby  that provided this service but not necessary.

I figure we would probably stay 3 days and 2 nights.

If you know of an out-fit the like of or have your personal cabin for rent, let me know.

Thanks,
KB
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.4peaks.com[/url]

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Location man we need a location. At least a general area or are you willing to travel anywhere?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't rent! Buy! Buy it and tell your wife "marry christmas"!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Since you didn't give an idea of location how about here...

[url]http://www.susitna-river-lodging.com/winter.html[/url]

[thinking]

Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
From one fellow texacan to another:
Smokey Mountains in the eastern part of the
GREEEEAAAT state of Tennessee.

Beautifull mountains, crystal clear creeks and rivers, fine little cabins located further in the mountanous area surrounding Gatlinburg.  If your wife likes to shop, Gatlinburg is the place.  Got a fine rifle shop too!  Want to ski and have a great evening in the finest German tradition, Ober Gatlinburg.  Gatlinburg is called the gateway to the Smokies and it is just that.  No park in the US is visited more often in the US, than the Smokies.  You will be in the off season, so your choices of stays will be good and Gatlinburg won't be as crowded.  If your up to a day hike to the highest peak, Mt. LaCont is suppost to be an awesome experience.  If crowds are not your thing, just go deeper in the park and Appalachins.  A trip you won't regret!

Can you tell, I'm a bit biased?  You won't regret it.  I think I said that already? [:)]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Location doesn't matter as long as it is in the 48 states, my wife was originally talking about Vermont which is about as far away from anywhere.

Actually, I am interested in Buying also, but it must be an owner finance deal, so let me know about that too.

I may just test-live a place for Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Try this place.[url]www.galena.com[/url]it's supposed to be a neat place to visit during Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#8]

This place rules.  Please check it out.

[url]www.4peaks.com[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top