Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 5:47:54 PM EDT
This came up on another topic. But anytime us CCW guys/gals or any gun owner for that matter, see a private buisness post a sign on there store stating "gun free zone, no firearms allowed" inform the owner/manager that he/she is posting a engraved invite for the "dirtballs" that his/her sign excempts. I know it is federal law from carrying in government buildings (schools, post office, court houses etc.) But private property being up to the owner is his/her choice, but if we do our part and make sure it is "Concealed", he/she and their patrons have nothing to fear from seeing that evil gun. But they will appreciate the dirtball being stopped (hopefully without a gun fight)who comes in waving hers/his gun. Again, tell them that advertising no guns allowed is a serious mistake.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I make it easier,I just dont go in.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.  Though, I am disappointed by how many gun stores have signs posted against firearms.  No big deal, though.  The good ones seem to recognize that their customers are not their enemy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Should have a sign:

[red]CCW permit holders and card carrying NRA members receive 5% discount.[/red]  
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.  Though, I am disappointed by how many gun stores have signs posted against firearms.  No big deal, though.  The good ones seem to recognize that their customers are not their enemy.
View Quote

I talked to a couple of gun store clerks about this. They said that it was because they had had several experiences where customers had taken a weapon from the holster to have the clerk check something out and in the process, swept at least half of the customers and staff. Too many idiots that can't follow the basic rules.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I try to avoid these stupid businesses.  But when that is not possible, I just break their stupid rule.  After all, I have a *concealed* weapon.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I try to avoid these stupid businesses.  But when that is not possible, I just break their stupid rule.  After all, I have a *concealed* weapon.
View Quote

That's it exactly. I do this even when carrying openly. If they say anything, it is just a request to leave thier store.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
A range here in Plano, TX has had little business cards printed up to hand out to business owners that have signs forbidding CCW in their place.

It has the "pistol in a circle with a line through it" then an equals sign (=), then a dollar sign in a circle with a line through it. Under that it explains what the median income for CCW holders is and that the businesses that won't allow us to carry won't see any of it.

[b]That[/b], my friends, is the kind of language they understand. Around here, there aren't many places that want to automatically give up that large a segment of the buying population.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top